The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal mains help me out here

Gamer3548

Question

So I found difficulty with making a balanced Excal as in, has good 100+ on all power stats but focuses on efficiency and strength.

Spoiler

3f6DTB7.jpg

Sadly I don't have primed continuity and am unable to max Fleeting expertise and put a R6 transient fortitude for 100% duration with good strength.

Vitality is for survivability which I find trouble with a lot,  Steel charge speaks for itself, continuity for the 100+ duration, Flow to have as much energy so I will be able to have EB for a long period of time if needed, Rage for getting energy, Constitution for duration and knockdown recovery which is also pretty good, intensify for the above average strength and streamline for the efficiency. As for exilus spot I do need to forma this up a bit more more but once I do I will put something like Coaction drift or handspring.

Problem is I still find trouble with survivablity (probably should max out vitality) and I still feel like I ain't doing as much damage as I should be doing (about 1000-5000 against level 50 enemies).

EDIT: I ranked up vitality to R8 so now I have 660 health

Edited by Gamer3548

10 answers to this question

This is a decent enough build. Just make sure that you are running life strike on your melee weapon so that you can channel health back while EB is active. Another note is don't forget about his other abilities. Dash is good for getting out of a situation fast and you are invulnerable during the animation. Also use blind as often as you can with higher level stuff. The cc is great and a blinded heavy unit is much easier to kill. 

Edited by (PS4)jFresh215

Honestly, I'm not sure what skill are you building on or is just all round build?

If it is -  you need to add 2 more formas a Dash to the aura slot ( - ) , a Vazarin ( D ) and a Dash ( V )

The mods you should use are:

Quick thinking, Steel fiber, Primed flow, Fleeting expertise, Rage, Stretch, Vitality and Streamline.

All the mods should be maxed except for fleeting expertise - one from the top.

These mods should leave you at:

Duration : 50%

Efficiency : 175%

Range : 145%

Strenght : 115%

This is my most tanky, all rounded build for Excalibur and it's pretty easy to survive with it.

Edited by Valznar

will take maybe the same forma for normal excal cause i took the 'no polarity' aura path but here is how you can get over 100% stats and it being a very functional build

ok and ignore the R7 vitality, it is supposed to be max :p

aHZflVb.jpg

Edited by OvAeons

^With a base pool of 300 I don't know why are suggesting him to use Quick Thinking, he is better of just maxing Vitality. 

OP, I think you are on the right track here but your build needs a little cleaning up. You have used all of your mod slots but your stats haven't really gone anywhere except for your efficiency. First of all, when you have max efficiency the size of your energy pool is completely redundant so you can get rid of flow. In that aspect rage may also not be needed for your build but play around and see if you can survive on energy orbs alone (considering your energy drain is already around .63 - .65 I don't think you will).

You could probably slot in more damage with transient fortitude, or  put on a steel fiber for more tankless. May be even some range like stretch or an augment like radiant finish.

I run a build focused on Exalted Blade:

Steel Charge in the aura slot since it influences your EB.

Steel Fiber + Vitality + Rage so you can take few hits and gain some energy from it.

Quick Thinking + (Primed) Flow for the survivability in case you take a couple hits too many.

Transient Fortitude + (Primed) Continuity for power strenght and to negate the duration penalty of the corrupted mod.

Streamline for obvious reasons.

In Exilus slot I usually use Rush or Handspring.

This is a base build that can easily be modified depending on your needs.

Mods for my melee (since melee mods influence your EB):

Rank 0 Life Strike + Focus Energy for healing.

Pressure Point + Spoiled Strike and two 90% Elemental mods, usually corrosive.

Fury + Berserker - you need at least one of those to negate spoiled strike.

Edited by Lijka

This isn't supposed to be pure exalted blade build but more of a combo between radial blind and exalted blade since the damage boost exalted gets from blinded enemies is massive. My problem is with duration since I don't know how much time I really need on it, I am at 16 seconds which is one second away from default. Range also will be pretty useful because I will be able to blind an entire room with in the void with it or just activate emergency blind,  which is the reason I don't have narrow minded to try and get the duration I need for the transient fortitude and fleeting expertise. As for flow I will drop it and will put stretch which will allow me to put on narrow minded instead of constitution. Intensify will be replaced with transient fortitude and I the build should be more balanced towards these two now. All ranks will fit the build so everything will be at 100+.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Gamer3548