The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I've never seen anyone play Mesa

Sabrewolfe

Just now, Ocfos said:

Sure I could do it better, but it's what I use with no issue for solo and co-op with friends. I need to level up some mods, sure, but credits are a bit scarce at the moment. The build hasn't given me any issues, so I'm quite satisfied with it.

Very nice! Doesn't the negative range affect the Muzzle flash a bit? Much obliged in either case!

1 minute ago, Maerah said:

Very nice! Doesn't the negative range affect the Muzzle flash a bit? Much obliged in either case!

Yeah, but not very much. I use shotguns myself, so I don't really have much of an issue with it. It still has a range of about 7.50 or so, which seems fine in most cases.

4 hours ago, Aura said:

Why don't all warframes scale like this?

warframes like vauban, limbo, zephyr, etc... They are so lackluster compared to these "divine weapon" warframes

EDIT: understandably, if divine weapons were the only ult spread across all warframes, it'd be a bland game, but it can't be that hard to design a concept for individual warframes to have more engaging ult-play.

example: chroma has a sentry turret as his ult which drains energy faster than World on Fire... No engagement and even less effective.

its understandable yet thats bad etiquette to derail a topic and bring up another topic.

Seems noone minds then I will dip in the sauce too since this idea has been around for awhile and a Rework to Ash was spoken about months ago and was left in the shadows 

I posted that Ashs Blade storm should be made a Stance Ulti which would make sense like someone here made a comment about Peacemaker being her in-built weapon, Ash is actually the First Warframe in game with a innate unique weapon to his ability. I see why not make Blade storm fall in the Stance ability category and scale its damage off of melee mods. 

I dont see why Blade Storm shouldnt get this treatment instead of being ruined

Funny you mention this. Just played her tonight. She is one of my personal favorites in terms of her look. Especially now, with that cool cowboy hat looking helmet courtesy of the Steam mod makers. Got her all dressed up in tans and browns with a cape like Syandana and she looks like a Western gunslinger. Its amazing.

Too bad she is tedious and terrible to play.

Her "fake survivability" is simply annoying. Just give her real shields or armor already and stop forcing me to recast Shatter Shield time and again all mission long. Its not fun with her OR Nezha either one. Its tedious and annoying. Now I know how those two people still playing Limbo feel...

And Peacemaker...in a game all about movement, we have an Ult that doesnt let us move.  I mean sure Nyx has Absorb, but...that's actually Good. Peacemaker is handy at times sure but I want to PERFORM my Ult, NOT watch it. If I just wanted to watch I would play Ash. 

So yeah...flavor wise I love Mesa. I just dont like playing her...

3 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Funny you mention this. Just played her tonight. She is one of my personal favorites in terms of her look. Especially now, with that cool cowboy hat looking helmet courtesy of the Steam mod makers. Got her all dressed up in tans and browns with a cape like Syandana and she looks like a Western gunslinger. Its amazing.

Too bad she is tedious and terrible to play.

Her "fake survivability" is simply annoying. Just give her real shields or armor already and stop forcing me to recast Shatter Shield time and again all mission long. Its not fun with her OR Nezha either one. Its tedious and annoying. Now I know how those two people still playing Limbo feel...

And Peacemaker...in a game all about movement, we have an Ult that doesnt let us move.  I mean sure Nyx has Absorb, but...that's actually Good. Peacemaker is handy at times sure but I want to PERFORM my Ult, NOT watch it. If I just wanted to watch I would play Ash. 

So yeah...flavor wise I love Mesa. I just dont like playing her...

Mind giving a screenshot of how your Mesa looks?

14 minutes ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Her "fake survivability" is simply annoying. Just give her real shields or armor already and stop forcing me to recast Shatter Shield time and again all mission long. Its not fun with her OR Nezha either one. Its tedious and annoying.

Isn't that kind of the point of a timed buff, though? Most frames have this kind of thing, even Loki has his invisibility that he has to recast every now and then. Stack duration, and you won't have that much of an issue with it really - At least I haven't had issues with a 68 second shatter shield.

i wish along with the movement and scaling that she would get instead of energy deg-en id want a ammo maximum because i hate drain a lot :D and having a certain amount of shot in weapon would be nice and adds more viability to the build for efficiency when taking out degen

1 hour ago, Ocfos said:

Isn't that kind of the point of a timed buff, though? Most frames have this kind of thing, even Loki has his invisibility that he has to recast every now and then. Stack duration, and you won't have that much of an issue with it really - At least I haven't had issues with a 68 second shatter shield.

PROTIP: Use Fleeting Expertise. Yes, you lose about 13 seconds, but the (I think) 40 or so energy cost reduction is well worth it.

5 minutes ago, TheTundraTerror said:

PROTIP: Use Fleeting Expertise. Yes, you lose about 13 seconds, but the (I think) 40 or so energy cost reduction is well worth it.

I actually lose well over 13 seconds in the duration, and I don't really have any energy problems with the build. It's pretty good to me, as the energy cost actually isn't that bad to work with. You get energy really fast if you loot the stuff around you.

That isn't really a pro tip though, but rather comes off as rude when put that way - It's all a matter of preference I guess.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Her nuke is trash. Mag, ember, frost, nova, half of nuke warframes are plain better. Original peacemaker was fine.

No, it really wasn't. Not everything is about instakilling, because what's the fun in that?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Her nuke is trash. Mag, ember, frost, nova, half of nuke warframes are plain better. Original peacemaker was fine.

although i liked her old Peace Maker better it was not fine and clearly over powered all they needed to do was tweak the abilities numbers in terms of power and fire rate and it would have been fine but they changed it with out even really trying to balance the ability its self and they ended up ruining the ability and the overall usefulness of the frame.

you can argue all you guys want that she is viable/playable but it flat out does not change the fact that no matter what mission you try to bring her on there is always a better frame for the job. ALWAYS. can she do the mission sure could you have a different frame fill her slot and do even more, yes.

Just now, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

It's THE fun. Have you not played dynasty warriors or fist of the north star? It's all about how many enemies you can kill in one hit. Bosses are the exception. 

hate to break it to you but .... this is not dynasty warriors...this is WarFrame were although we are superpowered space "ninjas" and can take out thousands of soldiers without breaking a sweat...We do have limits we are NOT gods....the corpus have made TECHNOLOGY that flat out nullifies our powers.

2 minutes ago, SoulHunter2008 said:

hate to break it to you but .... this is not dynasty warriors...this is WarFrame were although we are superpowered space "ninjas" and can take out thousands of soldiers without breaking a sweat...We do have limits we are NOT gods....the corpus have made TECHNOLOGY that flat out nullifies our powers.

I beg to differ, it was basically dynasty warriors upgrade yourself edition from the start.

And nullifiers are one of the worst additions to the game. They are never fun to kill. Developers have been making the game worse as of late. The only improvement was added particle effects. That's all that got better. 

2 minutes ago, SoulHunter2008 said:

Yeah I'll agree here; Warframe really isn't about that, even if it's about mass murder of waves of faceless soldiers, it isn't really fun to be overpowered in this game. There's no challenge in that, which really makes it not that fun.

I was sick and tired of being asked to stand in one spot using peacemaker constantly, or get kicked if I didn't obey. Yes, I actually do have the chat logs of that happening several times back then, because it happened so much I felt I had to document it. It got very ridiculous, if you ask me.

FWIW - I used Mesa for the last two Sortie #3s - Corpus Gas City Interception.

Ballistic Battery is underwhelming and while I don't mind the 'new' Peacemaker mechanic,  I find that the reduced targetting scope didn't solve the actual targetting problem, while now letting you get blind-side-melee-gibbed if you don't 360 your mouse; and consider it too expensive for the damage output besides.

But Shatter Shield is amazing (though I dislike buff rotations), as is Shooting Gallery. When it's on you...

Edit

All that said, I believe those were the 3rd and 4th time I've used Mesa since the PM change. Even for high level Corpus endess sorties, I usually just stick with Zephyr.

And considering that I used Mesa (melee-only with Candy Cane ^^ ) pretty much exclusively for around a month at some point between her release and that change...

Edited by Chroia

1 hour ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

I beg to differ, it was basically dynasty warriors upgrade yourself edition from the start.

And nullifiers are one of the worst additions to the game. They are never fun to kill. Developers have been making the game worse as of late. The only improvement was added particle effects. That's all that got better. 

Nullifiers add a degree of difficulty to endless power spamming, as you suddenly can't just instantly kill them with a power. Even at high levels, a nullifier is actually rather weak inside the bubble, so they aren't that hard to kill.

3 hours ago, SoulHunter2008 said:

The corpus havent made good enough tech to nullify our Arcane Enhancements Ability Augments Focus passives or Coompanion precepts tho...

Sortie Spy level 50-60

gm90w0k.jpg?1

mA35oSz.jpg?1

QYZIJfF.jpg?1

I can still be the God of Stealth/Invisibility :D

I usually play mesa along with other warframes and never have any issues with her abilities, at least not too much.

Shooting gallery should be for you AND a teammate and peacemaker is not that bad at this moment as some people think, there are other fourth abilities who are completely worse.

Ballistic battery is a extremely good ability to finish bosses, never have any issues with shatter shield, 95% DR is enough for most situations, mesa is not suppose to be a tank and this ability offers the perfect defensive capability for mesa.

Also, if peacemaker will scale with secondary mods, is a completely must to keep the ability stationary, if not Artemis bow would be inferior or even melee based abilities, we already have to deal with range weapons like tonkor or synoid simulor killing everything before we get into melee range, it also goes against the gameplay concept of mesa.

Here is my current build (enemy radar to help tracking enemies in peacemaker):

Edited by Rhaenxys

Bit late to the party, buuuut...

7d704b5c9f.jpg

And build (all-purpose)

Spoiler

ed6752580e.jpg

As for my opinion on her abilities:
1. Ballistic Battery: Niche use, usually activate and forget I have it though. Unless I know there's a boss or something like C. Vor coming up.
Visually not really good-looking too. Pretty much the old Rhino Iron Skin problem. Obscures your color palette, doesn't color all parts of the body (attachments not being affected is one thing, but her head isn't either. Looks off.) . The augment isn't worth it currently.
A suggestion could be that it instead amps up an entire magazine (ofc lower boost per shot if a mag is bigger). Put stress on hitting the boosted shot(s) and not compulsively reload or you lose the buff? It might make the augment worth it too for status weapons.

2. Shooting Gallery: Far more useful than heaps of people give it credit for. The fact that it jumps around however is... Iffy at best. Wish it could be somewhat alike to Rhino's Roar. Allies that're in range when it's activated, get it too. As for the augment, tbh it's already quite fine. Not great, but that's partially just because the ability itself is so... Random if not solo.

3. Shatter Shield: Her best ability, hands down. And her augment only improves upon it. And for the record, it makes her out-tank Rhino by a long shot.

4. Peacemaker: It's a turret ability in a game where mobility is a cornerstone to the gameplay. Seems... Strange and not too useful. Giving it the same mechanics as exalted weapons (so mobility and scaling) is tbh the best change this could get. As for the conclave augment, make it halve the effects of moving on the targeting circle? Let it zoom back out if standing still? Many things to still have it improve upon. There are tons of suggestions out there for Peacemaker, and it isn't like what I'm saying is new.

In my honest opinion, Azamagon nailed it with his suggestion.

That's just my 2 cents.

Edited by Frost0513

10 hours ago, AKKILLA said:

The corpus havent made good enough tech to nullify our Arcane Enhancements Ability Augments Focus passives or Coompanion precepts tho...

Sortie Spy level 50-60

Reveal hidden contents

gm90w0k.jpg?1

mA35oSz.jpg?1

QYZIJfF.jpg?1

I can still be the God of Stealth/Invisibility :D

Focus makes sense. It's activated distantly, by Operator inside the ship. Many kilometres away from nullifiers. 

Mesa would be at least ok if every peacemaker shot resulted in blinding flash like exploding mirage prism, except not going through walls. In that case mesa would at least prevent enemies in 360 radius from attacking, except nullifiers.That would compensate bad damage and no 360 on nuke. And being rooted in place - as long as you shooting enemies stay blind. Blind duration could be 3 seconds after each shot.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Lord_Gremlin said:

Focus makes sense. It's activated distantly, by Operator inside the ship. Many kilometres away from nullifiers. 

Mesa would be at least ok if every peacemaker shot resulted in blinding flash like exploding mirage prism, except not going through walls. In that case mesa would at least prevent enemies in 360 radius from attacking, except nullifiers.That would compensate bad damage and no 360 on nuke. And being rooted in place - as long as you shooting enemies stay blind. Blind duration could be 3 seconds after each shot.

Thats why I want to promote PM being similar to Artemis Bow.

-Allow full movement (Run+Parkour) etc..

-Scale off secondary mods

-drain per shot or drain lesser energy then now

-allow mesa to use her other abilities with in PM

This allows You Full Interaction and while in Peacemaker i will be running a Muzzle Flash spam build for CC, theres Your blind You wanted, along with guns jamming thats a great idea to add to Mesa. Synergy

5 hours ago, Frost0513 said:

Bit late to the party, buuuut...

7d704b5c9f.jpg

And build (all-purpose)

Reveal hidden contents

ed6752580e.jpg

As for my opinion on her abilities:
1. Ballistic Battery: Niche use, usually activate and forget I have it though. Unless I know there's a boss or something like C. Vor coming up.
Visually not really good-looking too. Pretty much the old Rhino Iron Skin problem. Obscures your color palette, doesn't color all parts of the body (attachments not being affected is one thing, but her head isn't either. Looks off.) . The augment isn't worth it currently.
A suggestion could be that it instead amps up an entire magazine (ofc lower boost per shot if a mag is bigger). Put stress on hitting the boosted shot(s) and not compulsively reload or you lose the buff? It might make the augment worth it too for status weapons.

2. Shooting Gallery: Far more useful than heaps of people give it credit for. The fact that it jumps around however is... Iffy at best. Wish it could be somewhat alike to Rhino's Roar. Allies that're in range when it's activated, get it too. As for the augment, tbh it's already quite fine. Not great, but that's partially just because the ability itself is so... Random if not solo.

3. Shatter Shield: Her best ability, hands down. And her augment only improves upon it. And for the record, it makes her out-tank Rhino by a long shot.

4. Peacemaker: It's a turret ability in a game where mobility is a cornerstone to the gameplay. Seems... Strange and not too useful. Giving it the same mechanics as exalted weapons (so mobility and scaling) is tbh the best change this could get. As for the conclave augment, make it halve the effects of moving on the targeting circle? Let it zoom back out if standing still? Many things to still have it improve upon. There are tons of suggestions out there for Peacemaker, and it isn't like what I'm saying is new.

In my honest opinion, Azamagon nailed it with his suggestion.

That's just my 2 cents.

I love shootng gallery soo count Me in the Rare Mesa players who play other then PM.

BTW Muzzle Flash is what makes me Love Mesa. I just go negative duration maxed range and efficiency and I spam 2. It lasts for a second and then when it lassos it blinds enemies in range which imo is awesome and gives Mesa nice CC. I like that idea of it affecting allies with in a radius tho