Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The alarms have attracted a Bursa. The alarms have attracted a Bursa. The alarms have attracted a bloody Bursa.

Lance_Lionroar

So, the tittle is spammy, sorry for that, it was a shot at portraying how this goes down. This is basically a rant, I don't care about the Bursas themselves or if people find them easy/hard to kill. It's about their spawns. I heard they fixed something to do with their spawns recently, but that is definitely not what I'm seeing. If your Corpus Spy or Sabotage turns into Exterminate, and you're playing Solo or with just another guy with loadouts that don't have the best damn DPS against Bursas, you're in for hell. This is literally what goes down every time: Try to kill one Bursa, just as it's about to die, Lotus announces another bloody Bursa spawning. And the cycle goes on. Literally forever. I'm not killing them faster than they can spawn. Who thought this was a good idea? Maybe set a max number of 10 Bursa spawns per mission or something (just a random idea). This has been rather infuriating, ruining a mission and forcing me to abort because I'm just stuck in an endless mission and/or I completely ran out of ammo.

Just needed to vent.

Edited by Lance_Lionroar
Typo.

Ive found some missions cannot be done, or done well solo. Also you just simpy have to have certain frames, weapons or mods to run them effectively. I usually run missions that bursas can spawn in with my nyx. Kinda fun to mind control them and unleash their fury on their corpus overlords.

Just now, 321agemo said:

Bursa spawns are linked to alert state though. Hack the console to lower the state and bursa should stop spawning.

That's what I thought at first. Maybe I just kept running into a bug or something, because not having the alarm going sure didn't stop them.

1 minute ago, 321agemo said:

Bursa spawns are linked to alert state though. Hack the console to lower the state and bursa should stop spawning.

It would seem that the case of having multiple Bursa's spawning in during a single alert phase. I know I had my share of two per alarm at the very least before it gets reset.

Bursas literally just got nerfed and still people complain.

Yeesh.

From the patch notes:

Bursa Changes and Fixes

• Reduced the turn rate of Bursas so that they are slightly easier to flank.

• Fixed an error that caused Bursas to constantly spawn regardless of alarm status in a Mission.

• Bursa weapon damage has been reduced.

• Bursa overall health and armor has been reduced.

• Bursa front-facing damage reduction has been reduced.

Future patch note:

The Corpus faction is now known as the Bursaries. All units will represent their faction proudly with the "Bursary" prefix except the mascots overlords currently known as the various Bursas. The humanoid Corpus directors have been executed and fed to the various Bursas.

Following feedback from players regarding the difficulty of Bursas, a new game mechanic is in place. In accordance to the lore, players now have an option to fighting the Bursas. By donating 10% of their credits or 100k credits whichever greater, to the Bursary faction, Bursas will not spawn for the entirety of the mission. This does not nullify the Zanuka hit contract.

Edited by Currilicious

1 minute ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Yeesh.

From the patch notes:

Bursa Changes and Fixes

• Fixed an error that caused Bursas to constantly spawn regardless of alarm status in a Mission.

RIP one and only challenging enemy in the game.

Yeesh.

From the patch notes:

Bursa Changes and Fixes

I literally read those patch notes right before launching the game this morning and playing the mission that sent me here to rant. Like I said in my OP, I did not experience this change, maybe I got a bugged mission.

3 minutes ago, Valsako said:

RIP one and only challenging enemy in the game.

Yep, because despite what people say here, the Warframe playerbase doesn't want a challenge. If they did they wouldn't b**** up a storm and scream "NERF!" every time anything remotely difficult comes along. Remember, if it can actually kill you then it is OP.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

Yep, because despite what people say here, the Warframe playerbase doesn't want a challenge. If they did they wouldn't b**** up a storm and scream "NERF!" every time anything remotely difficult comes along.

Well, some of them do. I mean, I exist. You exist. Clearly someone has to want it. The problem is the ones who complain are heard well over those who praise it.

1 minute ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

You prefer your challenge being an endless spawn of the same enemy (that isn't hard to kill at all) rather than an actually hard to kill enemy that spawns once?

Yes, because then at least when the enemy that gets spawned again and again gets nerfed because of people crying over its power, I'll still acknowledge its existence. If there's an enemy that only spawns maybe once per mission and is really tough, it'll get nerfed because people complain and then its existence will just be half forgotten.

See: Manics.

2 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Yep, because despite what people say here, the Warframe playerbase doesn't want a challenge. If they did they wouldn't b**** up a storm and scream "NERF!" every time anything remotely difficult comes along. Remember, if it can actually kill you then it is OP.

I think the mindset is, if it's challenging and I overcome it, fun times. If it's challenging and whoops my &#!, no fun. On a more serious note, refer to my other post. I don't see how endless and unreasonable spawning is challenging, surely we can find more proper ways of implementing challenge, like, I don't know, fun enemies. I never called for a nerf before or even now by the way.

3 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

I literally read those patch notes right before launching the game this morning and playing the mission that sent me here to rant. Like I said in my OP, I did not experience this change, maybe I got a bugged mission.

Question, were the alarms on the whole time? If so, there is your problem. Stun or CC the Bursa, if you can't do either then just run to another room, jam a cipher into the alarm terminal real quick, and Ta-Da! Bursa spawns stopped.

Question, were the alarms on the whole time? If so, there is your problem. Stun or CC the Bursa, if you can't do either then just run to another room, jam a cipher into the alarm terminal real quick, and Ta-Da! Bursa spawns stopped.

I know how it works, and I believe I disabled them seeing as how the spawns were going crazy. It didn't stop them.

5 minutes ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

I think the mindset is, if it's challenging and I overcome it, fun times. If it's challenging and whoops my &#!, no fun. On a more serious note, refer to my other post. I don't see how endless and unreasonable spawning is challenging, surely we can find more proper ways of implementing challenge, like, I don't know, fun enemies. I never called for a nerf before or even now by the way.

Nope. The general mindset is "I want to get shiny things easy, and I want to level up easy, and if something is tougher than cannon fodder it should be nerfed." If that wasn't the case then things like Draco wouldn't exist, nor would Manics/Bursas/Anythingdeadly be getting nerfed all the time. I mean, there are those of us who don't think that way, but we aren't the ones the game seems to be changing to please.

Anyways, I didn't mean to derail your topic with this. Just expressing my own frustration with things.

Edited by Silvus-Sol

1 minute ago, Lance_Lionroar said:

So basically, if it can actually kill you, there is a problem.

There are more proper ways implement challenge. But I hardly see the point when the community will just complain about anything hard until it gets nerfed, thus rendering the effort pointless. Sentients were supposed to be the most feared force in space, but they're a literal joke. Juggernauts were supposed to be this terrible thing we should panic at the very thought of but they're a pushover and only one spawns per mission. Even Stalker, the guy we're all supposed to be terrified of, got nerfed.

So while it's not the best challenge ever, it's the only taste of a challenge we'll ever get in this game in the foreseeable future, and it's already on its way out.

9 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

There is a huge differece between challanging and annoying overpowered enemy.

Before the nerf lvl 30 bursa could kill chroma (one of the tankiest warframe) in one hit because of a huge DoT it applies on you. Now they are rather good.

But! Spawnrates are still broken. You can't disable alarm while bursa is near you - it will just stomp you away from console. If you try to kill it beforehand - another will spawn. If you manage to hack alarm, some boxhead will reactivate it while you deal with bursa.

They also have no restrictions in spawn that enemy with a huge cc capabilities should have. Once you have several bursas at once it's done - you can abort mission, you can't kill them before another spawns.

5 minutes ago, Repligon said:

Before the nerf lvl 30 bursa could kill chroma (one of the tankiest warframe) in one hit because of a huge DoT it applies on you. Now they are rather good.

But! Spawnrates are still broken. You can't disable alarm while bursa is near you - it will just stomp you away from console. If you try to kill it beforehand - another will spawn. If you manage to hack alarm, some boxhead will reactivate it while you deal with bursa.

They also have no restrictions in spawn that enemy with a huge cc capabilities should have. Once you have several bursas at once it's done - you can abort mission, you can't kill them before another spawns.

The thing about the high damage the Bursas dealt before is... Any frame could survive them if you just dodged. That thing all frames can do. Learn their attack patterns and learn to avoid them. You don't have to face-tank everything.

Edited by Valsako

1 minute ago, Repligon said:

This is said every single time, about any enemy that can stand up to the player. It was said (and still is) about Nullifiers, Ancients, Manics, Bursas, etc.

Like I said, if it can actually kill you it is OP.

6 minutes ago, Valsako said:

The thing about the high damage the Bursa's dealt before is... Any frame could survive them if you just dodged. That thing all frames can do. Learn their attack patterns and learn to avoid them. You don't have to face-tank everything.

So you think that enemy that doesn't give you a right for mistake is a good design? Isolator moa has a scattergun that is really hard to doge. It fires it without telegraphing, and it can fire backwards. No way you could deal with it before nerf without some kind of invincibility or spamming consumables.

Edited by Repligon

Abilities like Blade Storm, Bullet Attractor, Maim, Devour etc are among the main warframe abilities that work in taking them out. I think the fact that DE addressed the bursa spawn rate and speed of turning makes them easier to take out is for the better. Cry "be a better player" or "nerf nerf nerf!" doesn't change the mechanics. Bursas are a challenging addition and make you want to avoid alarms, but making them reasonable to fight doesn't incite the "oh no not again" groan.