Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sad Affleck

izzatuw

On 3/26/2016 at 9:37 AM, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Affleck is definitely my favorite Batman.

I agree. I never liked Ben Affleck to play Bats. But Wow! He fights better than Christian Bale. Worst one? Nothing can be worst than George Clooney. 170M in the box office easter sunday. 

Affleck's in the middle of a divorce from what I heard. He's having a rough time in his life, and a movie bombing through no fault of his own is probably depressing for him. I haven't seen the film myself because I expected it to be bad, but according to those who have seen it his performance was solid. Good actors can't save a movie from bad producers, unfortunately.

6 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I agree. I never liked Ben Affleck to play Bats. But Wow! He fights better than Christian Bale. Worst one? Nothing can be worst than George Clooney. 170M in the box office easter sunday. 

I don't get why everybody was freaking out about him being cast as Batman. He's an actor. Actors act. Give him a chance before you start polishing your pitchforks. Ironic thing is: he was the best part of the movie. WW was great too, but she didn't have enough screen time.

I liked the movie overall. 

Ben Affleck did the whole batman thing well. The action scenes were excellent and I liked the general direction the film is going. 

I also got hints of Injustice (the comic) from the film, which added brownie points. 

The only things I didn't like was the portrayal of Lex Luthor and Superman in general. 

Lex in general felt way too unstable, and had a touch too much of Jesse Eisenburg or whatever his name is about him. 

The whole Superman thing in general I don't like. I could go into a lot pf detail, but in general, I dislike Superman Ex Machina. 

I'm not a massive comic book guy, but I got most of the references, and I can see why the movie wouldn't make as much sense without them. 

All in all, I liked it, and would give it a 6.5/10

Edited by Sixty5
Premature post-ulation, it happens to all of us