Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gas weapon for Saryn?

-BM-Mitz

Question

I'm testing the damaging abilities of Spores and I need a weapon to mod for gas to spread and buff the damage.

So far I've tested a Metal Auger Ignis and a Concealed Explosives Hikou. Both do well but I'm not really sure if there are other decent alternatives to try.

16 answers to this question

Gas Concealed Hikou P. + Gasulor. It's an excellent combo. Hikou for spreading tons of spores then simulor for later in the game. Also when building your gasulor swap out SC for Argon Scope. Split Chamber is a wasted slot for simulor

Edited by rawr1254

13 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Gas Lanka should do the job, it might not be very reliable, but redcrit headshot Gas proc makes Spores melt everything.

I also wanted to try Torid for a long time, but there is never enough prebuilt formas.

Torid's nice but this does sound interesting indeed :D I'll give it a shot, may be fun

The Torid is an extremely slow weapon, in every sense of the word. The projectile is slow, reload time is slow, and dealing damage is slow unless you stack multiple 'grenades' on one target. Personally, I think it's impractical outside of Defense/Mobile Defense missions.

That being said, if you Forma the balls out of it and slap on a Reload Speed mod (maybe Terminal Velocity too), it will apply procs consistently and deal significant amounts of damage.

45 minutes ago, rawr1254 said:

Gas Concealed Hikou P. + Gasulor. It's an excellent combo. Hikou for spreading tons of spores then simulor for later in the game. Also when building your gasulor swap out SC for Argon Scope. Split Chamber is a wasted slot for simulor

SC isn't a wasted slot -- that was fixed recently -- and Simulor doesn't autoheadshot like Tonkor used to, so there isn't a huge point in using Argon Scope. On top of that, Simulor isn't really a critbased weapon, as the multiplier is only 2.0x at base. It can be done, sure, but it's not the best use of a weapon's modslots in this case.

As for Hikou P, using concealed explosives on it isn't as smart as you think it is in this case. CE does blast damage.

I'm not saying the weapons can't be modded to work well for saryn, I'm just saying that the specific mods you've listed aren't the best idea.

Edited by cittran

1 minute ago, cittran said:

SC isn't a wasted slot -- that was fixed recently -- and Simulor doesn't autoheadshot like Tonkor used to, so there isn't a huge point. On top of that, Simulor isn't really a critbased weapon, as the multiplier is only 2.0x at base. It can be done, sure, but it's not the best use of a weapon's modslots in this case.

As for Hikou P, using concealed explosives on it isn't as smart as you think it is in this case. CE does blast damage.

I'm not saying the weapons can't be modded to work well for saryn, I'm just saying that the specific mods you've listed aren't the best idea.

You seem to have never used anything you commented on.

noob-funny-poster-picture1.jpg