The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Starmap 3.0 Fears

Naruchico

1 hour ago, VoidNomade said:

My only fear will be that void rewards RNG is bundled with void maps RNG

so we get RNG madness

We´ll see

My hope is that "Void Alerts" will happen quite often and have fixed rewards, but it would cause everyone to possess the same prime gear...

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

My hope is that "Void Alerts" will happen quite often and have fixed rewards, but it would cause everyone to possess the same prime gear...

Everyone would have the same primes at some point regardless.

22 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

If you fear the grind- you're playing the wrong game.

I fear not the grind.... But the inability to grind. Its why i like playing rpgs, i actually enjoy grinding.

With what we have now, we need to keep not only boss nodes, but spy missions of all 3 difficulties, Hive missions, new sabotage and methods of gaining keys of all 4 tiers.

This doesn't even include Archwing, where there's already a limited number of game modes and nodes.

Anyway, are the nodes still connected? Because if not, how are new players going to progress the starchart? I don't mean by players helping other players, i mean LITERALLY progressing from 1 node to another.

3 minutes ago, 321agemo said:

I fear not the grind.... But the inability to grind. Its why i like playing rpgs, i actually enjoy grinding.

With what we have now, we need to keep not only boss nodes, but spy missions of all 3 difficulties, Hive missions, new sabotage and methods of gaining keys of all 4 tiers.

This doesn't even include Archwing, where there's already a limited number of game modes and nodes.

Anyway, are the nodes still connected? Because if not, how are new players going to progress the starchart? I don't mean by players helping other players, i mean LITERALLY progressing from 1 node to another.

From what I've seen in the devstream, it's going to be a bit more of a linear progression.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

From what I've seen in the devstream, it's going to be a bit more of a linear progression.

And what if the node is greyed out? How will a new person, who's currently clearing the starchart, move to the next node? Will it skip?

5 minutes ago, Sh4dowWalker96 said:

There aren't enough words for how horrible that would be. Just starting out and having to wait to progress mission-wise in a skill-based shooter? Might as well DC and play another game.

No, I think all nodes will be playable and that the mission type will rotate, but the number of nodes is significantly lower though. And there seemed to be nodes that were not part of the direct progression and that might be the special nodes that wouldn't be available at all times.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

No, I think all nodes will be playable and that the mission type will rotate, but the number of nodes is significantly lower though. And there seemed to be nodes that were not part of the direct progression and that might be the special nodes that wouldn't be available at all times.

I'm hoping so. My other comment was in response to Fatpig, I'm not all too worried about it, myself. If they start suffering, they'll fix it.

Edited by Sh4dowWalker96
Punctuation

47 minutes ago, Sh4dowWalker96 said:

I'm hoping so. My other comment was in response to Fatpig, I'm not all too worried about it, myself. If they start suffering, they'll fix it.

It seems like a welcome concept all around, honestly. I just wish there was a bit more clarification when it came to Void, however. What I'm believing to understand right now is that our Keys and regular Void runs will not be affected, yet specific Void "rips" or "tears" will pop up on planets, giving us certain objectives while giving us possibly specific rewards and entirely different tile-sets with a bit of an Orokin feel to them.

3 hours ago, 321agemo said:

And what if the node is greyed out? How will a new person, who's currently clearing the starchart, move to the next node? Will it skip?

They said on the devstream that the backbone of the progression path would be fixed, along with (some?) bosses.

9 hours ago, (PS4)Francis_Boudreau said:

Fixed rewards nononono :O

What are you doing if a new prime comes out and you don´t have the chance to grind them but you would need to farm them like vauban? That would be really horrible. :D

On 2016-04-02 at 5:26 AM, VoidNomade said:

Fixed rewards nononono :O

What are you doing if a new prime comes out and you don´t have the chance to grind them but you would need to farm them like vauban? That would be really horrible. :D

Yeah, but I was saying that only if Void becomes an alert only kind of mission that we can't actually farm anymore.

The best way to not have any issues with the new star chart is 100% the current one. If you have any time in this game already and you are choosing to not complete the chart it is all on you for what ever road block that may arise in the new chart. You have plenty of time to get this done.

I believe there are 257 nodes so if the new chart is say even 30 days away (which I believe it is not) a new player could get it all done with only 8 missions a day for the 30 day time line.

EDIT: I understand things like arch wing and quests can slow this process but the point is clearing the current chart is not that hard or time consuming to do....

Edited by (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE

On 1.4.2016 at 11:40 PM, VoidNomade said:

My only fear will be that void rewards RNG is bundled with void maps RNG

so we get RNG madness

We´ll see

Yes, currently it's key > void mission > RNG reward. Farming keys has RNG and it and what rewards you get at the end has RNG too. Yet stuff is still farmable.

Worst case scenario would be:

Keeping keys and void rewards the way they are with all the RNG. Yet making the chance to actually access parts fo the Void RNG alert based like let's say getting Vauban. That would make farming impossible and turn getting prime stuff into a nightmare.

I mean I know people that had to play for months before they finally got all the Vauban parts.

12 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

Yes, currently it's key > void mission > RNG reward. Farming keys has RNG and it and what rewards you get at the end has RNG too. Yet stuff is still farmable.

Worst case scenario would be:

Keeping keys and void rewards the way they are with all the RNG. Yet making the chance to actually access parts fo the Void RNG alert based like let's say getting Vauban. That would make farming impossible and turn getting prime stuff into a nightmare.

I mean I know people that had to play for months before they finally got all the Vauban parts.

Something like this would be more or less my worst fear, and it worries me more that DE haven't explicitly indicated this won't happen.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

Steve just said in the last stream that this is actually how it is not going to be

I heard him mention some details about the main starchart, but I didn't catch those sorts of specifics regarding void stuff. I'll go watch it again; maybe I just didn't hear it.

Edit: I went back and watched the relevant sections of the last stream, and I didn't hear anything like what you mentioned. It still sounds like Steve wants to have parts of the Void open up alert-style in different locations, which sounds too much like "only Soma Prime parts today, sorry!"

Edited by notlamprey

2 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

Steve just said in the last stream that this is actually how it is not going to be

You have an actual quote for that? Because I do not remember hearing anything really explaining how void stuff will be obtained in the new start chart.

8 minutes ago, ----Fenrir---- said:

You have an actual quote for that? Because I do not remember hearing anything really explaining how void stuff will be obtained in the new start chart.

While I don't have an exact Quote from Steve himself, I specifically remember him stating that Void Keys and their respective rewards (and ways to obtain them) would not change at all. However, Void Tears would be found on each specific planet, offering new tilesets.

Knowing how this appears to work, I'm willing to bet these "rewards" from these Void Tears will be fixed for each Planet, and will just be a way for players to enter and get a taste of the Void for free, if you will, with not much farming involved. If it's still RNG based while in these Void Tears, then I'm not sure how that's exactly going to work.

Just now, (XB1)Graysmog said:

While I don't have an exact Quote from Steve himself, I specifically remember him stating that Void Keys and their respective rewards (and ways to obtain them) would not change at all. However, Void Tears would be found on each specific planet, offering new tilesets.

Knowing how this appears to work, I'm willing to bet these "rewards" from these Void Tears will be fixed for each Planet, and will just be a way for players to enter and get a taste of the Void for free, if you will, with not much farming involved. If it's still RNG based while in these Void Tears, then I'm not sure how that's exactly going to work.

That still does not contradict my "worse case scenario". Those Void Tears could still be a very irregular thing that does not happen very often leaving people only the option to stare at the UI and wait for them to pop up like it's currently with getting Vauban.

Just now, ----Fenrir---- said:

That still does not contradict my "worse case scenario". Those Void Tears could still be a very irregular thing that does not happen very often leaving people only the option to stare at the UI and wait for them to pop up like it's currently with getting Vauban.

Which is honestly quite worrying, especially for players who can't constantly play Warframe. I remember when I missed out on Vauban's systems twice since I was playing on and off for about two hours for a whole week, as work was killing my free time. It ... wasn't exactly fun for me when I figured that out.

However, due to Steve's concern over what everyone is discussing, I'm willing to bet that he'll come up with some way to make the Void Tears less RNG based, in some way. I mean, who knows, maybe completing all the Nodes on a planet could permanently unlock a "Void Tear" near the planet. Maybe even having you just play any node on the planet would have a % chance to spawn the Void Tear, with no node being better than the other in terms of the percentage.

I'm honestly starting to think Void Tear alerts and Vauban Alerts should last for a full 24 hours, as the Gift of the Lotus events do.