Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I love this game but there's one thing

ObscureName

4 hours ago, ObscureName said:

Hello! I started this game about a week ago and have loved every bit of this game however, there's one thing that bugs me and I hope some people can relate. I believe there are better ways to do the whole trading thing on the relays. I believe it would be better if there were an auction house type thing rather than having players walk around looking up and hoping they see something they want. This is just something I find annoying, thanks for reading!

Frictionless sale and purchase would be a wonderful thing for this game. Regulation would be required, on things like the number of trades, potentially max amount of plat, no stacks of items etc etc. but it's been made to work before and there is literally nothing unique about Warframe in that context. Stratego89's wall-o-text can be boiled down to "Yes it can work assuming you regulate properly. Everything else is my bias showing"

As a console player who is tired of typing out "WTT Vaykor Marelok for Sanctioned/Secura Secondary" due to the clunky interface and the constant movement of the chat, I would love a simpler trading experience. 

Maybe a trading board that showed what the player is willing to trade for an item, but still has to chat with the player to set up the trade. This would prevent non interactive trades, and prices/items are still negotiable. In my example above, I would put up the Vaykor Marelok as what I was trading, and then I could either ask for a specific weapon or put up a list of items that I am looking for, depending on how the interface is designed. If the player wishes to have platinum on either side, it would just say platinum and the price would have to be asked about in the personal chat.

This would make it a little easier for buyers and sellers to find each other, but still keep the idea of free market in the game.

6 hours ago, TeaBegging said:

Reason why I won't support things like auction houses is:

1. Easier selling makes everything less worth. No competition left. Because face it everybody will have to sell lower to compete.
2. Earning Plat with little effort and being offline while doing so can make the entire market oversaturated.
3. Auction houses will take plat fees, in most cases this one will do to.
4. Requires no patientce or effort to actually gain platinum.

I do agree with the trade chat been a clunky way to buy sell things. The Trade chat should be divided in 2 Alternate chats. one for buying other for selling.
I would tell that warframe market is a great place to buy and sell aswell. Don't know why WF themselfs didn't come up with this idea but oh well.

Worth less...aka worth what it should be worth. Less price gouging.  Auction House(s) would take non-refundable credit fees. 

I'm totally for auction houses if you had to buy a pass outside of plat to trade in it. Honestly everything in warframe is overpriced anyways so don't kid yourself when you think lower prices are bad, people.

Edited by BlueQuail

auction house with the possibillity for tracing people off that they have a chance to spam you with: "things have to be cheaper then its offered by you" would be my first wish

this game is going boring in that direction, it is simply too much

looks like there are organized value killers or people are simply plain stupid =))))))

i would be pleased people get real, them which move platinum into warframe have a job or simply the possibillity for

i think its better not to start pissing off the people which play with real money for pulling all the plat into warframe, because this are the first signs and steps when a game starts going down

im allready on the edge about this harrasment and im for shure not alone

this will also be one of my last postings about because i dont wanna get spammed with peoples plain stupidity about healthy values ^^)

a auction-house would be great, trade-chat is too sick those days and im not really interested to get strange messages there

things are going really strange, a "house-cleaning" or new ways for trading with style and respect has to be created

all that "sweet friendly words" which carry only agressive jelousy are a killer for this game

finally we have one big problem which cant be balanced by value-guides about frames, weapons or kubrows or whatever or this "sale-forums", things are too cheap or too expensive, absolutely imbalanced ...

Edited by Guest

15 hours ago, Lanieu said:

Worth less...aka worth what it should be worth. Less price gouging.  Auction House(s) would take non-refundable credit fees. 

There are plently off fair traders, if you choose to buy from those price gouging players then its your own mistake to do so. It's a free market be patient and keep advertising you'll find a buyer/seller. 

1 minute ago, TeaBegging said:

There are plently off fair traders, if you choose to buy from those price gouging players then its your own mistake to do so. It's a free market be patient and keep advertising you'll find a buyer/seller. 

I don't buy from price gougers. An AH would keep them in check.

Just now, Lanieu said:

I don't buy from price gougers. An AH would keep them in check.

there is no reason for auction houses, competition would be to high and market would be oversattured. The market right now gives a chance to all players. It's just a clunky way to advertise in chat. That should be improved, Auction house wouldn't be great on warframe. Seen how people manipluted on other games with auction houses. And that will be here aswell. 

Alright, I've seen way too much "No AH! No AH! No AH!" thrown left and right to even try to defend an AH system, so how about an alternative solution?

How about giving the players a possibility to set up a shop at the Bazaar and go AFK, basically turning you into a vendor? You could open up a menu, enter your items and the prices you ask for them, set a descriptive name for your shop and then go AFK and later (say, overnight) come back and see if anyone's purchased your items. Buyers could walk around the Bazaar browsing various player-made shops. This way players could set their own prices still as well. Yes, undercutting would potentially be possible, but picking a strategic location can sometimes even allow you to overprice your items. I speak from experience. A similar system has been used in various MMORPGs such as Trickster (R.I.P.) and Perfect World (the game did many things wrong, but at least it had a decent trading system. Yay, catshops!) It'd be a sort of immersive (imagine taking a stroll around a Relay/Bazaar to see all kinds of Tenno trying to sell your stuff) and it'd even reward skill (pricing, strategic placing of the shop.)

This system would make it a little bit easier to sell anything and not make you tear your hair out trying to sell anything in the neverending sea of "WTS WTS WTS WTS" spam and ridiculous offers. It'd also be more newbie friendly and reduce the risk of getting scammed. The system would also be less vulnerable to a single person buying out everything and thus controlling the market compared to an AH.

Of course, it'd make selling easier, which in turn would probably reduce the prices. Which the forum-dwelling Corpus seem to dread above all else. But, c'mon, this archaic system has to improve somehow. The current system is absolutely unacceptable to have in a modern game.

Edited by Vaykor

On 30/03/2016 at 0:00 PM, p3z1 said:

Trade chat helps, too bad it floods easily with WTS and WTB posts.

Those posts aren't bad, it's the ones which have everything and but the kitchen sink in their paragraph.

It completely drowns out others, especially when they're selling junk which XYZ is already trying to fob off.

Edited by Naith

17 minutes ago, Vaykor said:

Alright, I've seen way too much "No AH! No AH! No AH!" thrown left and right to even try to defend an AH system, so how about an alternative solution?

How about giving the players a possibility to set up a shop at the Bazaar and go AFK, basically turning you into a vendor? You could open up a menu, enter your items and the prices you ask for them, set a descriptive name for your shop and then go AFK and later (say, overnight) come back and see if anyone's purchased your items. Buyers could walk around the Bazaar browsing various player-made shops. This way players could set their own prices still as well. Yes, undercutting would potentially be possible, but picking a strategic location can sometimes even allow you to overprice your items. I speak from experience. A similar system has been used in various MMORPGs such as Trickster (R.I.P.) and Perfect World (the game did many things wrong, but at least it had a decent trading system. Yay, catshops!) It'd be a sort of immersive (imagine taking a stroll around a Relay/Bazaar to see all kinds of Tenno trying to sell your stuff) and it'd even reward skill (pricing, strategic placing of the shop.)

This system would make it a little bit easier to sell anything and not make you tear your hair out trying to sell anything in the neverending sea of "WTS WTS WTS WTS" spam and ridiculous offers. It'd also be more newbie friendly and reduce the risk of getting scammed. The system would also be less vulnerable to a single person buying out everything and thus controlling the market compared to an AH.

Of course, it'd make selling easier, which in turn would probably reduce the prices. Which the forum-dwelling Corpus seem to dread above all else. But, c'mon, this archaic system has to improve somehow. The current system is absolutely unacceptable to have in a modern game.

There is alternative, You still can set up vendors at Maroo bazaar. But you'll have to be active. However that place isn't attracted by players because it has more cons then pro's. Such as the 10% Tax fee, Low amounts off people. etc, 

There is another alternative, called warframe market. You can put buy sell offers, and can still aviod the trading chat by doing so. This will have less trafic on the main trading chat. 

I would suggest that DE would split the trading chat, in to subcatagories. Dividing it by BUY and SELL. And maybe giving that a subcatagory aswell, such as Special  weapons, Prime Sets, etc.

On 3/30/2016 at 1:52 PM, Senpai-Pie said:

Okay, I used the wrong term. Sorry about that.

I'm genuinely trying to understand right now, what's so special about Warframe when it comes to the market? So many other games that are grindfests have auction houses and people are able to sell things just fine. Yet here, everyone says how the market will fall apart. Why does it work for other games yet for Warframe it would be bad?

This game has alot issues with RNG, having that said. People get parts that they won't need. And while plently people play this game and try to farm those parts. They get LOADS off unwanted stuff. Now imagine AH was put people could sell stuff Offline, Congratz 1000000 same parts are been sold how are you going to compete ? It's common sense.

10 hours ago, TeaBegging said:

This game has alot issues with RNG, having that said. People get parts that they won't need. And while plently people play this game and try to farm those parts. They get LOADS off unwanted stuff. Now imagine AH was put people could sell stuff Offline, Congratz 1000000 same parts are been sold how are you going to compete ? It's common sense.

Look through the second page. Someone already explained in depth.

1 hour ago, TeaBegging said:

Not everything is worthy of being put onto the Auction House. You don't need to sell everything. You can save it for Baro or whatever....A visible supply and demand on an Auction House screen will help you figure out if you should put up a Paris Limb when there are 50 other limbs up for sale.  Now if you get a Saryn part, you can either sell it on the AH or try your luck in trade chat since those are in higher demand.  Both can still exist at once as well as whatever Maro's Bazaar offers now/later.  The Auction House will keep the prices of those parts in check.

Say people start postings at 100p. Well then you got the 99ers, 98plat, 97plat, and people won't go as low as 20p for it so it will balance itself out.  It's like the Trading in Steam for cards...stuff sells rapidly if you know what to sell and to not get too greedy or overextend yourself by hoping your 90th listing of a Burston part will sell.

2 hours ago, TeaBegging said:

there is no reason for auction houses, competition would be to high and market would be oversattured. The market right now gives a chance to all players. It's just a clunky way to advertise in chat. That should be improved, Auction house wouldn't be great on warframe. Seen how people manipluted on other games with auction houses. And that will be here aswell. 

See my above comment ^

Edited by Lanieu

What if the Auction House that DE can implement in Warframe functions the same way as the real life Auction House.

What I mean is people put up an item into a board or list and if anyone is interested they would put their bid on it and once the time limit is over the item would get sold to the highest bidder. 

Sadly while I do suggest this as an option I would still prefer that there isn't an Auction House in Warframe, since I think that I prefer the player interactions from trading over the automated trade systems that Auction houses have.

And for those who truly hate the Trading in this game, I suggest you guys use the Warframe Marketplace if you haven't already as I find it the best alternative for those who want Items listed with price tags and Player Interaction (You have to pm the sellers or buyer and meet them ingame to still)

On 3/30/2016 at 4:43 AM, Stratego89 said:

Things wouldn't become affordable- they'd drop to 0. Everyone has tons of spare parts of most stuff- most people have tons of spare parts of the rest of the stuff that's not as common. There's a continuously growing number of sellers with an INFINITE source of stock- and a continuously shrinking number of buyers.

So your argument against an auction house literally boils down to the fact that the current trading system is so horrid that outside of a scant few no one bothers to use it. 

For the record I could care less either way, when I want plat I buy it.  I just saw that statement and had a good laugh over it.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

So your argument against an auction house literally boils down to the fact that the current trading system is so horrid that outside of a scant few no one bothers to use it. 

For the record I could care less either way, when I want plat I buy it.  I just saw that statement and had a good laugh over it.

Have you seen other auction houses? Other games like Final Fantasy 14 and DCUO have a lot of people exploit the auction houses with bots and so forth.

1 minute ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Have you seen other auction houses? Other games like Final Fantasy 14 and DCUO have a lot of people exploit the auction houses with bots and so forth.

And in a game like MTGO the economy only functions because bots exist to facilitate trade.  People have turned it into a lucrative business model.

I'll repeat that I could care less.  I'll adapt to what ever trading system is in place.

Just now, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

And in a game like MTGO the economy only functions because bots exist to facilitate trade.  People have turned it into a lucrative business model.

I'll repeat that I could care less.  I'll adapt to what ever trading system is in place.

Wonder what would it would look like without bots? Without Bots the trade equals the supply divided by the demand. 

High Supply low demand = cheap

Low supply High demand = Expensive

Bots = farming everything for you = inflated prices for everything 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)UltraKardas said:

Bots = farming everything for you = inflated prices for everything 

You are looking at one side of the equation while Stratego89 (whom I originally quoted) is seeing it as basically the opposite.  FWIW, I think he's right.  Having bots facilitate trading in warframe absolutely floods the market with supply that right now is locked away in accounts of players unwilling to trade.  Like me. 

Take mods for example, I keep 10x spare copies of any rare mod.  Beyond that I transmute it without a second thought.  Even mods a lot of other newer players need and that serious traders try to sell for 5-15 plat.  I just can't be bothered to try and trade them.  Give me a bot to sell them to and I'd jump on the opportunity.  Suddenly all my extra mods become part of the supply.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

You are looking at one side of the equation while Stratego89 (whom I originally quoted) is seeing it as basically the opposite.  FWIW, I think he's right.  Having bots facilitate trading in warframe absolutely floods the market with supply that right now is locked away in accounts of players unwilling to trade.  Like me. 

Take mods for example, I keep 10x spare copies of any rare mod.  Beyond that I transmute it without a second thought.  Even mods a lot of other newer players need and that serious traders try to sell for 5-15 plat.  I just can't be bothered to try and trade them.  Give me a bot to sell them to and I'd jump on the opportunity.  Suddenly all my extra mods become part of the supply.

And then what happens is when somebody like you or stratego put your stuff on the market, And bots will instantly buy if its a good enough deal while bots sell everything else for an inflated price. 

Take Piercing Caliber for example. You sell it for 400 plat and a bot will instantly buy it then sell it on the market for 2000 plat. Any person who wants to buy it will have to cough up 2000 plat for it or find somebody with a lower price. 

You pretend like people won't abuse the system. Market manipulation is a constant thing in auction house games. 

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

No- that is not what I said at all. The number of sellers and supply is infinitely increasing because getting ANY and I mean ANY item that you can trade is easy and not all that time consuming- and the number of items in the game and sellers for those items increases MUCH faster than we get new players who actually need them. Supply and demand is painfully skewed in favor of supply and that breaks economies if suddenly everyone is able to just put something up on board and sell it at any time of the day to anyone in the world. We'd run out of buyers nearly instantly and the economy would die. Use your common sense and economics 101- if you can manage that.