Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing hysteria to high damage resistance wouldn't be that bad for Valkyr

torint_man

Let me explain why. She has the highest armor in the game, AND an ability that increases her armor that can be kept forever with its augment. Also, hysteria has innate life steal. These three things on top of a high damage resistance, let's say 90-95%, would still make her, for all practical purposes, just as immortal. Still not convinced? Here's some hard numbers.

200% power strength warcry+steel fiber gives an armor of 1860. Per the armor formula, 1860/2160=86.11% damage resistance. Her EHP with a max vitality is 740/(1-.8611)=5328 EHP. Adding on the low end proposed damage resistance of 90% for hysteria, we have an EHP of 53280, which is on par with an ice chroma without arcanes. Couple that huge EHP with innate lifesteal, and you have yourself a frame that is just as immortal as she always was, just no longer literally. 

I think such a change would make both crowds happy. those who believe literal immortality is degenerate to gameplay, and those who like her as is. 

I couldn't care less at this point. Let the kids have theyr invulnerability while i beat them in therms of mortality, dps and group utility on a non-hysteria build... 

1 hour ago, Gelkor said:

Yeah, it would just make her more OP because she would never ever have to leave Hysteria ever because of Rage.

It's not like you can't use rage on her wo hysteria ya know...

90% is effectively invincibility even if you don't bother to attack and use the lifesteal. It takes 10x as much damage to kill you. Just not gonna happen.

Now you could tell me that the numbers can be tweaked until you find the perfect number, but what even is that? To determine the right number you have to answer: What exactly is the goal? Is she supposed to be able to die during Hysteria? Under which circumstances? For what purpose?

Edited by Inmemoratus

I saw some post/ thread somewhere a while ago for a hysteria change. Something like, start out with say 90% max damage resistance, and slowly lose it over time if damage is not done. A few kills in a short time frame grants a short invincibility period/ buff. I liked the idea because it encouraged the valkyr to not be permanent god-mode standing around, but rewarding enough to be just as effective and have team play in mind.

Have range mods affect Hysteria's aura inversely, increased range will reduce it, and reduced range will increase it. Have it have a similar effect to Nyx's Absorb in how after a certain amount of damage taken, she looses energy, something along the lines of, when she takes 1k damage she looses 1 energy. At max efficiency (this effect not being affected by duration efficiency) she would loose 1 energy for 4k damage (numbers could use tweaking). 

While in Hysteria she currently only takes 7.5% of the damage done to her to her counter. Change it too 20% but have it be affected inversely with power mods. 200% power strength and she takes 10% damage done to her for her counter. Damage done calculation should remain as is, this would cause armor to still increase her tankyness even during Hysteria. 

Or have the damage she takes during Hysteria slowly increase its drain, the longer you are in it the more damage you take and so the drain increases, however as such so does her damage. Maybe make it so kills in Hysteria also reduce a small % of all damage taken to reduce some of the drain effect cause by damage to maintain prolonged Hysteria use possible for people who still want to Hysteria 24/7. However the damage would also go down. 

Boom a somewhat balanced Hysteria without outright removal of her invulnerability (but drastically reduced possible duration) of course if enemies drop energy orbs like being in an orgy of 50 hooker drops calories, then you would still never leave hysteria. Maybe increase her default starting energy pool to 125 or 150 to offset this nerf/balance/buff/whatever you want it to be.

How about, we Leave old Valkyr alone? I mean,every warframe is overpowered If played one way or another. Why is Valkyr's energy based immortality that can be turned off by many kinds of enemies.

I mean,every Warframe has some kind of trump card, and It makes up for her lack of CC that has a long term effect or her lack of massive aoe damage skills.

Look at It like this, Rhino has a super armor and stomp that more or less makes enemies unable to do anything.

Loki (when moded) and Nyx have a Aoe enemies kill self button.

Ashe has a move that more or less turns all enemies in a area into just dead. And a teleport and invis.

Mesa even after her nerf, She can make enemie's guns jam and a Armor all her own.

And Frost He has aoe freeze and bubble that makes him downright untouchable which can be spammed. 

And that is just to name  a few of this massive roaster.

Which,is why I do not understand why people want her "fixed" so badly. I mean years ago everyone wanted Valkyr to go away because she was considered useless,now that she cam preform everyone wants her to get nerfed. I'm starting to get the feeling people just don't like Valkyr and want her to be removed from the game. Because It seems Valkyr is the Meg of warframe.