Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to build Braton Prime?

Ifeno

Question

What are your personal / recommended builds?  I see a lot of discussion about 90 Elementals vs 60/60 Elementals as well as Proc vs Crit but can't really make heads or tails of which is better.  Any and all input and advice is appreciated!

7 answers to this question

Focus on status and maybe punch through. Ammo mutation is useful too since it has a very low max ammo pool for a primary (375). And forget about crits because a weapon with 10% base crit chance it not what you use for crit builds. The Braton Prime has a very high status chance considering the high fire rate it has and that's pretty much what you should build for.

Serration, Split chamber, Heavy Caliber, 2 90% elementals, 2 60% elementals, last slot should go to a "Bane of" mod or when doing void a Shred is a good option

Spoiler

Although most people use shred i prefer speed trigger, eats ammo like crazy unless you burst fire. Also I have recently aded acouple more forma to switch out the 60% elementals for 90% elementals.

FWIW, I use:

Serration, Split Chamber (duh)
Shred, Heavy Caliber (some dislike the accuracy loss, maybe use Rifle Ammo Mutation instead)
Stormbringer, Malignant Force (150% Corrosive)
Hellfire, Thermite Rounds (150% Heat, yay symmetry)

Viral + Radiation also works very nicely with that proc chance,
as does Toxin + Magnetic (or again Radiation for funzies lol) against Corpus.

28 minutes ago, SpryCrow said:

My build, elemental may switch to your preference.

mXq5xvM.jpg

Constant status proc for all day.

That's nearly my build, though I run fire and corrosive and put 120% slash mod in there. For a reck-all infested build 

you basically need to focus on status

Base damage all the way.

I've played around with the new mods, but...they simply don't work that well on this weapon. It's all about HC and 90% elements. The gun's RoF is high enough that excessive status chance isn't really necessary; around 50% is enough to strip armor and do what needs to be done.

My own BratonP is quite old and had 5 forma already in before the buffs. I put in a sixth afterward, but the gun has two legacy dash polarities which limits options. Nevertheless, the build works quite well: basically the usual base damage mods, shred, HC, one 90% elemental combo, then either another 90%/60% combo or VA and a 60/60 mod. This leaves the gun around 50% status and 21k dps (with VA, which is how I prefer it).

It works and works well, though VA requires a fair degree of trigger discipline.