Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash Rework (Straw poll)

AKKILLA

Just now, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Damage is worse than cc BTW so ash isn't as much as a problem

Ash isnt "a problem" balance wise, his ultimate is just really bad game design.

And damage is only worse thann cc when it doesnt oneshot, and ash can oneshot for a loooong time.

This is not a thread about meta-frames being too good at what they do, this is about ash needing changes.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Also I do want ash's p42w play style to go away, but take this into account. Ash is not alone on this. Trinity Loki Nova Mirage Excalibur Valkyr Wukong Nyx and more are all p42w frames, and that's not something only unique to ash. At this point all that really matters is effectiveness, and fun and interactivity is the secondary goal to fixing ash.

5 minutes ago, CrudShuzKong said:

those frames do seem a lot like p42w frames, but none of them is in the way that ash is. Blind mirage does no damage, and relies on weapon fire to clear out all the enemies she ccs, trinity makes you unkillable, but doesnt deal with enemies either, loki the same(not saying these frames are in any way balanced, but you get the idea).

Ash 4 button makes you invincible AND clears a room completely (unless super high level content where his damage is no longer enough, there he just loses all his purpose).

Exalted Blade and Hysteria isnt Press 4 to win, You press 4 to activate then from there how you play is your choice but the obvious meta function thats efficient is spam E to send out Exalted Slash waves or E to Claw down enemies Hysteria style as well as E to Primal Fury Staff to your chin.

Idk bout yall but when i use these stance ulti's i use all my abilities while in them, Hysteria I love using Prolonged Paralysis spam to CC and drag enemies at My feet then turn into a Blender.

Exalted Blade I love using Radial Blind then Slash dash to get in close. I sometimes find myself spamming slash dash to feel like im doing a kinda Exalted Bladestorm xD I use javelin when i get surrounded, so i dont just spam E, but I usually play excal and play a Blind Swordsmen and a Blind spam with Vaykor Marelok cuz of the blasts :)

Primal Fury is like to stay in Defy and I spam iron jab and rush in for slide attacks, cloud walker i pop when i want to get a finisher or avoid a knockdown, etc.

Just My way of playing i think different. 

When I Ash I run him with 3 different Loadouts but they are somewhat roughly the same, its all about whats most efficient for Ash, which is everything.

Shuriken, Smoke Screen, Teleport and Bladestorm.

I want Ashs entire to kit fall in place the correct way.

SHURIKEN

*Scale off Melee Mods

*DoT procs Mark enemies for Death and allow you to Teleport with no energy cost

*Visual update (optional)

SMOKE SCREEN

*Casting leaves up a Smoke Cloud AoE

*Enemies in AoE are choked and stunned open to Finisher kills

*Enemies in clouds AoE are Marked for Death and open for Free Teleport

TELEPORT

*Synergy with Shuriken+Smoke Screen Death Marks opening free teleports

*Mid Range Teleport Dash (Free-Aimed)

*Eliminate useless Teleport animation, add smoke bomb to enemies You Target Teleport for guaranteed Finisher kills

BLADESTORM

*Stance/Channel Toggle Drain Ultimate

*Scale off Melee Mods

*Synergy with Shuriken Smoke Screen Teleport

*Allow Stealth Kill Affinity Bonus on Stealth Kills in Bladestorm

Thats just to break it down in a quick summary of Ashs rework

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

Also I do want ash's p42w play style to go away, but take this into account. Ash is not alone on this. Trinity Loki Nova Mirage Excalibur Valkyr Wukong Nyx and more are all p42w frames, and that's not something only unique to ash. At this point all that really matters is effectiveness, and fun and interactivity is the secondary goal to fixing ash.

Valkyr isn't press 4 to win, it's the builds that make it press 4 to win. Same as for the rest of the frames.

Ash barely needs any kind of modding to be overpowered.

Valkyr requires lots of modding and interactivity.

Nyx's absorb isn't good sometimes.

I am a big Ash fan, and I have many issues with people suggesting changes to Bladestorm and the intended Bladestorm change suggested by DE. For one, BS (for better or worse) is his signature ability and the thing that puts him in the map, nothing else. Now before any of you go and decide to lecture me on how to use Ash just know that I have had all of his augments for long time; I have done smoke shadow duration builds. I have seeking fury for an all around melee build. I was using rising storm long before body count even existed. I have 20 arcane trickeries on my ash. I have done almost every build in the book for him. 

Now my main issue is that the only thing being looked at is Bladestorm. With 50,000 kills under my Mesa's belt I was a big supporter for changing Peacemaker, I thought it was a mess and needed adjusting. After the intended change I now realize it was a mistake, it was nothing more then a nerf to make people shut up about  "AFK Mesa." I say nerf not because she can't nuke the map, not because she can't go AFK. It's a nerf because she got ZERO quality of life changes. Every single person was fine with the aim function intagrated to peacemaker, me include. However, all we asked for in return was free roaming while on the ability, we got none of that.

Instead she still gets rooted in place, she got a brutal 3.75 energy cost per second at max possible effeciancy while Excal can get to .63 and Ember to around .75 yet they get free roam and can nuke the place. She literally got zero buffs or changes to help her be a better warframe. Now you never see Mesa anywhere, she is an after thought while you can find excal's swinging away on almost every map, embers running rampant on exterminates. Hell I still run into plenty of Saryns and frosts.

It worries me because DE has said nothing about fixing any of his abilities. Why no free roam for teleport? Why can't I cast smoke screen on the go? making BS a toggle ability is fine if he gets some love on other abilities but DE has said nothing on it. It will be nothing more then a DPS nerf since you won't be able to do negative duration builds since all toggle-able abilities need duration and high effeciancy. 

Bladestorm DOES need changes but so does Ash himself. I DONT want a Bladestorm rework, I want an Ash rework. Until DE can promise me this I am 100% against a change to it because I am sure it's not going to be a DPS increase but a "shut up about press 4 to win already" patch to Ash, which would basically remove the only reason people use him for right now. Or do you honestly think people are all of a sudden going to be asking for your "smoke shadow ash" for their squads when they could just use Loki to begin with or click on the Naramon tree... Or LF Teleport Ash... Lmao

Edited by S0V3REiGN

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

My point still stands that he isn't even close to the worst of the bunch

But this aside this rework is pretty good

I still disagree, I would rather make a tortino's pizza and pressing 4 with a wireless controller, with a weak build. And his damage is quite high if you use the proper builds.

The rework is a little, ehh....Gassy. I'm not particular fan the suggested exactly, it seems to run on a mark system and blade storm seems to retain the ability to focus farm.

(Ash at his current state)Its just too easy to use, and too easy to abuse.

Edited by Magnulast
Adding clarification.

14 hours ago, AKKILLA said:

Thats exactly what (DE) Steve wanted and alot of guys didnt want it.

Basically what I have been calling it Ninja Rumblers, I prefer to do the Bladestorming, thats why I promote a Stance Bladestorm, as most troll it to be an Exalted ability, this idea has been around before Wukong was released with Primal Fury yet ppl are complaining about Stance Ultimates and not needing any more and DE slap us with Primal Fury.

Iirc Ash was our 1st warframe with a built in weapon in his ability, and he is a melee frame so i see a Stance Bladestorm to be the Best rework for his ulti and adding utility to his kit will work Ash wonders and make him a wanted Frame in teams instead of keeping him a Bladestorm bot, he needs to be not only an assassin but a team mate. 

Provide CC with smoke screen and cloak allies, a protector and assassin, Ninjas serve more then just the role of assassins, they are spies that gather intel, sabotage, rescue, capture, etc. Ash shouldnt just fill the damage dealer role.

Doing what you are talking about without making a Excal/Valkyr clone is really hard. At that point might just take bladestorm out and add something new. Like NINJA TIME. Aoe freeze/radial blind/Cloak thingy. Idk. Shuriken is a joke. Tele is blah. Smokescreen is laughable. BladeStorm is what makes Ash what it is.

Energy drain ult that uses own unique assassin melee. 1 and 3 ability can be used without draining energy.

Teleport revamp so that it flows better for quick succession in movement from one enemy to the next. 

Can make a combo where going smokescreen and then teleport on a target will remove invisible but give a huge damage multiplier.

This is honestly what should be done if DE wants to make it more interactive. A very mobile melee frame to make ash more fun and less 4 let everything die while you watch a movie on your 2nd monitor.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozone1249953 said:

What would you suggest?

Bladestorm to be more interactive, however, not like the exalted blades. if anything, Bladestorm should be a toggled drain charge ability. I want it to be more interactive beforehand, where you can target multiple enemies.

There is a standalone drain, and then a stackable drain.

5-Base eng drain

.5Drain added for each enemy targeted by bladestorm.

Likewise to peacemaker, you have to hold down melee.

However, this idea is quite bad, due to the unbalance of drain...so someone adjust it to be as hard draining as peacemaker, I'm not allowing a ash to mark 100 enemies.

Also, remove enemy invulnerability when marked and being hit, if a ash player can't kill him, let the other people do.

There will also be a passive drain on the ability if it lasts too long, so they can't rely on ash bladestorm 24/7.

If all enimies are not killed within 10 seconds, there will be a passive drain on the ability, hence being 3 Drain that CANNOT be modded for.

Keep in mind, this is a bladestorm rework.

I don't think all of ash's kit needs a rework, similar to how valkyr rework was.

10 minutes ago, GSDAkatsuki said:

Energy drain ult that uses own unique assassin melee. 1 and 3 ability can be used without draining energy.

Teleport revamp so that it flows better for quick succession in movement from one enemy to the next. 

Can make a combo where going smokescreen and then teleport on a target will remove invisible but give a huge damage multiplier.

This is honestly what should be done if DE wants to make it more interactive. A very mobile melee frame to make ash more fun and less 4 let everything die while you watch a movie on your 2nd monitor.

If Im correct You are giving My idea credit? I cant tell but it sounds like You are mentioning what My idea offers?

7 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

Bladestorm to be more interactive, however, not like the exalted blades. if anything, Bladestorm should be a toggled drain charge ability. I want it to be more interactive beforehand, where you can target multiple enemies.

5-Base eng drain

However, this idea is quite bad, due to the unbalance of drain...so someone adjust it to be as hard draining as peacemaker, I'm not allowing a ash to mark 100 enemies.

Also, remove enemy invulnerability when marked and being hit, if a ash player can't kill him, let the other people do.

There will also be a passive drain on the ability if it lasts too long, so they can't rely on ash bladestorm 24/7.

If all enimies are not killed within 10 seconds, there will be a passive drain on the ability, hence being 3 Drain that CANNOT be modded for.

I don't think all of ash's kit needs a rework, similar to how valkyr rework was.

No matter how You sugar coat it dog You are still mentioning My idea Bladestorm

I notice noone likes that Name Exalted abilities but thats just a troll name for it, just sounds funny but in the End it is a Stance Toggle Drain Ultimate and it fits Ashs Bladestorm PERFECTLY tbh. I have imagined in My head millions of Bladestorm concepts even Shadows of Mordor gave me an idea and it was Shadow Strike Chain, which is kinda cool but not exact. Shadow Strike is basically like Teleporting and doing a Finisher kill manually to every enemy one by one which is horribly slow and I dont ask for that.

Now in Shadows of Mordor theres a special called Storm of Urfael which is basically Bladestorm, You are in a drain state where all your attacks are finisher kills and cant be touched. Thats a Bladestorm a Fast melee onslaught of assassinations

You just mentioned it yourself You want a Toggle Drain Bladestorm and that is exactly what I offer. A stance that is interactive and allows You to use all Your abilities in Bladestorm

17 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

If Im correct You are giving My idea credit? I cant tell but it sounds like You are mentioning what My idea offers?

I notice noone likes that Name Exalted abilities but thats just a troll name for it, just sounds funny but in the End it is a Stance Toggle Drain Ultimate and it fits Ashs Bladestorm PERFECTLY tbh. I have imagined in My head millions of Bladestorm concepts even Shadows of Mordor gave me an idea and it was Shadow Strike Chain, which is kinda cool but not exact. Shadow Strike is basically like Teleporting and doing a Finisher kill manually to every enemy one by one which is horribly slow and I dont ask for that.

Now in Shadows of Mordor theres a special called Storm of Urfael which is basically Bladestorm, You are in a drain state where all your attacks are finisher kills and cant be touched. Thats a Bladestorm a Fast melee onslaught of assassinations

You just mentioned it yourself You want a Toggle Drain Bladestorm and that is exactly what I offer. A stance that is interactive and allows You to use all Your abilities in Bladestorm

Probably, didn't go through thread

55 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

5-Base eng drain

From reading that you are more focused on making Bladestorm not overpowered then actually making Ash useful at.... well..... anything..... What exactly is left in Ash's kit if all he can do is kill lets say 30 enemies before his energy hits the deck? Not only are his other 3 abilities mediocre at best, but leaving him bone dry of energy means he can't even use them.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

Just now, S0V3REiGN said:

From reading that you are more focused on making Bladestorm not overpowered then actually making Ash useful at well. anything. What exactly is left in Ash's kit if all he can do is kill lets say 30 enemies before his energy hits the deck? Not only are his other 3 abilities mediocre at best, leaving him bone dry of energy means he can't even use them.

So your insisting that efficiency builds should be able to constantly spam it in order to make up for the other abilties? 

Holding melee is another thing though, forgot to mention that you need to hold it down to stay in bladestorm...

1 minute ago, S0V3REiGN said:

From reading that you are more focused on making Bladestorm not overpowered then actually making Ash useful at.... well..... anything..... What exactly is left in Ash's kit if all he can do is kill lets say 30 enemies before his energy hits the deck? Not only are his other 3 abilities mediocre at best, leaving him bone dry of energy means he can't even use them.

Conclusions conclusions.

I did mention the abilities casted in Bladestorm like shuriken smoke screen and teleport are cheap and the teleports are free in conjunction with shuriken and smoke screen Death Marks. Each subsequent cast is cheaper cost. I would maybe rework that killing enemies puts the drain at a halt but im tryna balance  between OP and UP because of ppl like yourself want it OP to an extent and others want it balanced to an extent.

We must take into account that we dont want players in Bladestorm forever, but while in Bladestorm You gain a Fast paced Rampage adrenaline, i would say all parkour capabilities are enhanced by a percent but i dont want to put numbers as i dont know whats fair we leave that too DE

The idea is to manually do what we do now but better and with more freedom and interactivity

Just now, Magnulast said:

So your insisting that efficiency builds should be able to constantly spam it in order to make up for the other abilties? 

Holding melee is another thing though, forgot to mention that you need to hold it down to stay in bladestorm...

Considering you said " I don't think all of ash's kit needs a rework " then I say yes or are you seriously telling me that teleport, Shuriken, and smoke screen are actually useful to a team?

5 minutes ago, Magnulast said:

your insisting that efficiency builds should be able to constantly spam it in order to make up for the other abilties? 

No we dont want that, atleast i dont want a Bladestorm were you hold down melee, thats not interactive at all, pressing E is more interactive that sounds like a Bladestorm Peacemaker mix. Bladestorm isnt a Pistol its a melee weapon not properly implemented by DE

54 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

Did I intend to sugar coat your idea? no.

Did I read your big idea? no.

Did I read your summary? yes.

Don't insist that ALL toggle drain is YOUR idea, I just read your ideas, and almost NOTHING is sugarcoated from your ideas.

You insisted a exalted blade type combo.

I insisted a hold to stay in idea with multiple stages of draining.

----However------

The idea intention wasn't typed,......the intention was bladestorm to be noticeable.

So you can't just press EEEEEEEEEEE or Hold without regard to the drain.

Edited by Magnulast
added useless info.

1 minute ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Considering you said " I don't think all of ash's kit needs a rework " then I say yes or are you seriously telling me that teleport, Shuriken, and smoke screen are actually useful to a team?

Did You check My Ash Thread that offers a full rework?

I basically state everything there, in my interpretation although i did collab with Koga (PS4)Gr13V4NC3 DragonBlack and a few others the thread is my interpretation of all the combined concepts.

I do want shuriken scaling of melee mods

Smoke Screen AoE choke Cloud

Teleport free-aim and synergy teleport with Death Marks as I mentioned, but these ideas all boil down to Ashs Bladestorm becuase they all do these functions in the Bladestorm concept I have in mind.

25 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

Did You check My Ash Thread that offers a full rework?

I basically state everything there, in my interpretation although i did collab with Koga (PS4)Gr13V4NC3 DragonBlack and a few others the thread is my interpretation of all the combined concepts.

I do want shuriken scaling of melee mods

Smoke Screen AoE choke Cloud

Teleport free-aim and synergy teleport with Death Marks as I mentioned, but these ideas all boil down to Ashs Bladestorm becuase they all do these functions in the Bladestorm concept I have in mind.

I have seen a lot of the Ash thread reworks including your thread but never comment on any of them, mostly because I think all the bases get covered so I give no input. There are many dedicated ash fans here which make me glad (I actually ran into Koga in Draco one time, rocking his Ash). I posted in this thread because like i said on my first post I am against a Bladestorm rework, I want an Ash rework if anything is to happen to him. I always think back of Ninja Gaiden with his ultimates too which would be cool if they integrate something like that. I hope DE don't screw over Ash, the idea that Steve pitched a while back wanted to make me jump out of the window. I hope the delay on the rework is because they are thinking of better ways to make justice to bladestorm.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

1 hour ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I have seen a lot of the Ash thread reworks including your thread but never comment on any of them, mostly because I think all the bases get covered so I give no input. There are many dedicated ash fans here which make me glad (I actually ran into Koga in Draco one time, rocking his Ash). I posted in this thread because like i said on my first post I am against a Bladestorm rework, I want an Ash rework if anything is to happen to him. I always think back of Ninja Gaiden with his ultimates too which would be cool if they integrate something like that. I hope DE don't screw over Ash, the idea that Steve pitched a while back wanted to make me jump out of the window. I hope the delay on the rework is because they are thinking of better ways to make justice to bladestorm.

Thats exactly what I thought.

I figure DEs are scared to disappoint us, at least for the time being the can pan out the camera view, scale it off melee, add a cancel via toggle 4, update the animations, and lastly to enjoy sitting and watching this short Ninja Cinematic, GORE GORE GORE!!!

Yes I mean dismemberment, enemies should be sliced to bits as a result of Bladestorm. Just an aesthetic visual and personal taste. I like visual eye candy and currently idk why Bladestorm doesnt offer that, i always thought it would but for a strange reason enemies are not sliced to bits by Bladestorm.

PeeYoHA.jpg?1

Instead enemies are smacked and flop over lol Idk or understand the logic of lots of mechanics to Bladestorm because they skipped alot of logic.

22 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

I figure DEs are scared to disappoint us, at least for the time being the can pan out the camera view, scale it off melee, add a cancel via toggle 4, update the animations, and lastly to enjoy sitting and watching this short Ninja Cinematic, GORE GORE GORE!!!

Yes I mean dismemberment, enemies should be sliced to bits as a result of Bladestorm. Just an aesthetic visual and personal taste. I like visual eye candy and currently idk why Bladestorm doesnt offer that, i always thought it would but for a strange reason enemies are not sliced to bits by Bladestorm.

PeeYoHA.jpg?1

Instead enemies are smacked and flop over lol Idk or understand the logic of lots of mechanics to Bladestorm because they skipped alot of logic.

Unfortunetly, the current gore system has been... outdated, and not been applied to newer enemies... that takes time, and effort, to model, code, and implement. It's unlikely that the gore system will make a return, since the consoles have a hard enough time with processing the game, at times. things have to be made with them in mind too, not just PC.

30 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

PeeYoHA.jpg?1

Well, logically and historically speaking, assassins are more concerned with ensuring the death of their target(s).  Most assassinations on record are rather bland, but effective.  It's much faster to stab someone and attempt an escape rather than spend time needlessly dismembering your target.  Escape was a major priority for the vast majority of non-religious assassins, assuming that their assassination was not welcome, such as with many coups.  Now, that's not to say the kills can't have gore, but gore shouldn't be the point.  Killing by decapitation or eviseration is one thing, needless hacking apart of limbs is another.

41 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

All I hope is that the abusers do not continue to abuse the game using cheap builds, like saryn press 4 to win.

6 minutes ago, Xarathos_The_Judge said:

Well, logically and historically speaking, assassins are more concerned with ensuring the death of their target(s).  Most assassinations on record are rather bland, but effective.  It's much faster to stab someone and attempt an escape rather than spend time needlessly dismembering your target.  Escape was a major priority for the vast majority of non-religious assassins, assuming that their assassination was not welcome, such as with many coups.  Now, that's not to say the kills can't have gore, but gore shouldn't be the point.  Killing by decapitation or eviseration is one thing, needless hacking apart of limbs is another.

Im not talking Real Life Ninjas here Im talking Video Game Aesthetics lol

If You see Ninja Gaidens Ultimate Technique all enemies killed are dismembered and sliced apart, its more of a visual eye candy gore effect.

Exalted Blade Hysteria Primal Fury heck even most slash type weapons slice enemies apart. I dont see why Ashs Bladestorm wouldnt.

Even the damage out put should implement what it deals which is Finisher/Slash. Finisher ignores shield and armor, slash cuts and slices things to bits.

Just a visual eye candy im sure if we had this in current bladestorm along with better cam and animation Bladestorm would be more pleasant to sit around and watch.

Why do people like Ninja Gaidens Ultimate Technique? Its the same thing as Bladestorm, you cast it and watch it happen. People like Ryu Hayabusa's Ulti because its Fast and fluid with fantastic animations and is full of gore. 

Gore Eye Candy makes any cut scene pleasant to watch imo

39 minutes ago, AKKILLA said:

Im not talking Real Life Ninjas here Im talking Video Game Aesthetics lol

If You see Ninja Gaidens Ultimate Technique all enemies killed are dismembered and sliced apart, its more of a visual eye candy gore effect.

Exalted Blade Hysteria Primal Fury heck even most slash type weapons slice enemies apart. I dont see why Ashs Bladestorm wouldnt.

Even the damage out put should implement what it deals which is Finisher/Slash. Finisher ignores shield and armor, slash cuts and slices things to bits.

Just a visual eye candy im sure if we had this in current bladestorm along with better cam and animation Bladestorm would be more pleasant to sit around and watch.

Why do people like Ninja Gaidens Ultimate Technique? Its the same thing as Bladestorm, you cast it and watch it happen. People like Ryu Hayabusa's Ulti because its Fast and fluid with fantastic animations and is full of gore. 

Gore Eye Candy makes any cut scene pleasant to watch imo

You said "they skipped alot[sic] of logic".  To refute your point, I pointed out how your suggestion was logically unsound.  As far as the gore and graphics end go, it seems that point has already been pointed out to you.  As for that Ninja Gaiden thing you posted, I found it kind of boring.  Of course I prefer function over form though.  If I was into "flashy" skills, I'd main an Excalibur, with a focus on Exalted Blade spam.

1 hour ago, Xarathos_The_Judge said:

You said "they skipped alot[sic] of logic".  To refute your point, I pointed out how your suggestion was logically unsound.  As far as the gore and graphics end go, it seems that point has already been pointed out to you.  As for that Ninja Gaiden thing you posted, I found it kind of boring.  Of course I prefer function over form though.  If I was into "flashy" skills, I'd main an Excalibur, with a focus on Exalted Blade spam.

Im sure we all have different taste, but if You think Ninja Gaidens Ultimate Technique not better visually then Bladestorms then idk what to say. Bladestorm and Ryu's UT are very similar in every sense, i assume you saying that was boring also says You think Bladestorm is boring?

Lets be honest Bladestorm looks way worse, something may get the job done but it should be also appealing, not just terrible aesthetically. This visual isnt fully as important as the functionality and function wise we already know Bladestorm offers only a waiting period.

I wouldnt mind if they updated its visuals (animation+Camera angle) then add a Toggle to end the madness of High level endless Bladestorms would currently make a world a difference dont You think?