Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rumor about Starchar 3.0

Luther848

Question

12 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Luther848 said:

Worrying; I hope that a way to find older frames will be introduced. 

They have a way.

It's called taking them out of rotation to bring back every few months instead of using them to replace single orokin cells and keys on rotation C.

It was referenced when they first announced vaulting that it was an interim measure until they can implement a better mitigation method for part-spam. They haven't really talked about it too much since then.

Based on the thread title, I was really looking forward to discussion of the newly redone StarChar system providing us the ability to trade characters with the cloud.

I never heard such rumors and I watch every devstream and try to keep myself informed about the game, don't know where you got that from, I hope not from region/clan chat.

My opinion is that it won't happen, they make proffit whenever they release vaulted content.

35 minutes ago, egregiousRac said:

It was referenced when they first announced vaulting that it was an interim measure until they can implement a better mitigation method for part-spam. They haven't really talked about it too much since then.

Reveal hidden contents

Based on the thread title, I was really looking forward to discussion of the newly redone StarChar system providing us the ability to trade characters with the cloud.

That was not said by DE, what DE said was that the items that were vaulted could come back at later points. Basically, like what has already happened with Frost Prime's Prime set and its opening the vault mini-access.

5 minutes ago, Urlan said:

That was not said by DE, what DE said was that the items that were vaulted could come back at later points. Basically, like what has already happened with Frost Prime's Prime set and its opening the vault mini-access.

If you go back to the time when vaulting began, it was just after the announcement of SC3.0. When outlining the changes coming with SC3.0, one of the core elements was changing the void (or exploding, as they termed it) to reduce the bloat and spread it across more tilesets and mission types. Very soon after that, they announced vaulting as an interim measure.

They have not said that vaulted stuff will be reintroduced, but it was extremely heavily implied.

1 hour ago, Luther848 said:

Worrying; I hope that a way to find older frames will be introduced. 

If they _wanted_ to have the old prime frames return they would simply make tower 1-3 interception, so don't get your hopes high.

When the vaulting was first announced, they didn't connect the vaulting to coming back with the Starchart 3.0; unfortunately, they are mostly unrelated except for the void node cluster itself going away. You can watch the first Devstream mentioning the issue if you need. The concept of the vaulted primes coming back from the starchart rework was just from the players. A wishful hope and nothing more.

1 hour ago, BrokenBullet said:
Don't really know if Vaulted Primes are coming back either, but the new starchart looks great!

Oh god, I hope not. I can feel my retinas burning already. First the forums, now this. It's like DE is intentionally trying to blind me.