Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making trading easier

Teadude

Instead of holding an Auction House which could potentially destroy Warframe economy and ruin my chance to scam the lucky sucker (huehuehue), DE could implement a seperate chat for WTS, WTB and WTT peoples.

I believe that would be a great improvement to the current trade chat. I also think a tracker(?) or infograph that shows the average price of certain items, a more reliable pricecheck although I can see it being altered by players mass selling items on high prices, so I wouldn't suggest that, just a side thought.

Any suggestions and/or ideas appreciated!

also is this the right section. not new here but i havn't logged in a long while

Edited by Teadude
typo

2 minutes ago, Meliorism said:

Well there is already a thread with 7 pages of comments on the front page

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/615676-auction-house/

With different ideas. I would suggest my idea within the comments section of his/her's topic but i'm afraid it'll get lost in there, and so I decided to post a topic stating my idea, which clearly disapproves of the idea of an AH, and rather, suggests an implementation of seperate trade chats for selling, buying, trading.

20 minutes ago, Teadude said:

I also think a tracker(?) or infograph that shows the average price of certain items, a more reliable pricecheck although I can see it being altered by players mass selling items on high prices

Same for ppl like me givving plats to friends that gives me some comons mods to be able to trade :D

Separates chats should have been made since a long time already, i don't know what they are waiting for to be honest. And we should be able to check our inventory in our Dojo without having to start a trade or return in our liset.

Else as you said the trading system is fine and we don't need an AH.

In my personal opinion i wouldn't like this. Just because as it is there's 5 tabs as it is and it's kind of a pain switching between them, adding 3 more would make it even worse. Another reason i disagree is because sometimes i just read trade chat just to keep up with prices and the odd time i'll see wtb/wts/wtt on something i either have but never thought about selling/trading etc and same goes for buying sometimes i see something i need but it's either a decent deal or it's something that hasn't occurred to me that i should buy. Not to mention that would be 3 new tabs i could accidentally advertise in the wrong tab and get kicked from lol then have to restart my game. Plus if they added these tabs to chat i could honestly see people not happy with recruitment chat and wanting a "hosting tab" and a "looking for tab" as well. What's i've stated above is hardly any reason not to consider it, however i am happy with how trading chat is right now. No need to change it in my opinion

7 minutes ago, Teadude said:

With different ideas. I would suggest my idea within the comments section of his/her's topic but i'm afraid it'll get lost in there, and so I decided to post a topic stating my idea, which clearly disapproves of the idea of an AH, and rather, suggests an implementation of seperate trade chats for selling, buying, trading.

Well I guess I braindeadly (?) skimmed through your post after reading auction. Sorry. I'd like to see it implemented and I'm sure I saw your suggestion in the other thread by somebody else but can't find it

6 minutes ago, (PS4)drahkel said:

In my personal opinion i wouldn't like this. Just because as it is there's 5 tabs as it is and it's kind of a pain switching between them, adding 3 more would make it even worse. Another reason i disagree is because sometimes i just read trade chat just to keep up with prices and the odd time i'll see wtb/wts/wtt on something i either have but never thought about selling/trading etc and same goes for buying sometimes i see something i need but it's either a decent deal or it's something that hasn't occurred to me that i should buy. Not to mention that would be 3 new tabs i could accidentally advertise in the wrong tab and get kicked from lol then have to restart my game. Plus if they added these tabs to chat i could honestly see people not happy with recruitment chat and wanting a "hosting tab" and a "looking for tab" as well. What's i've stated above is hardly any reason not to consider it, however i am happy with how trading chat is right now. No need to change it in my opinion

I see that having seperate trade chats could be very annoying to the player indeed. Do you think having a ctrl-f feature to easily find a common interest in sales/trades a good idea? 

In fact I already love the current trading system after I adopted. I think it's fine as it is right now lolol always fun to buy cheaply and overcharge. Welcome to Free Market!

7 minutes ago, Teadude said:

having a ctrl-f feature

^^^^^^^^

And this will solve my last complaint :D what a nice idea! I don't think we need more separate tabs though.

Edited by Coo_DA

3 minutes ago, Teadude said:

I see that having seperate trade chats could be very annoying to the player indeed. Do you think having a ctrl-f feature to easily find a common interest in sales/trades a good idea? 

Well i'm a console gamer so i wouldn't have a ctrl-f feature :p but i mean if they added this to just pc but not consoles then i'd be happy lol not sure how they'd make something like that for consoles, but your idea could possibly work

I think maybe just a new feature could be implemented, no need for a new chat

Just gonna throw an example out : When someone wants to search for "Saryn Prime" Parts they can perhaps type :platinum: Saryn Prime :platinum: and the trade will specially highlight the keyword "Saryn Prime" 

Edited by YasaiTsume

19 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Auction house will never come, DE purposely has left it crude and simple to dissuade bots from ruining the rather stable economy

*wags finger*

OP said nothing about wanting an auction house and suggested something different =P

That said, I quite like the idea for the seperate WTS/WTB/WTT tabs for trading. Anyone who thinks theres too many tabs to switch through already maybe has not yet discovered they can turn off tabs they do not use? Anyways, the ctrl-F feature would also be a good possible upgrade to trade chat so one could find a specific item for sale at least. Perhaps instead of the seperate tabs there could instead be a sort of combination of these ideas into a chat filter that you could check "Filter for:" with a box you entered WTS- WTT- WTB so only the people posting WTS or WTB or WTT would have their messages appear in your chat screen? Or further you could have the option to only see messages from people posting the word "Boltor" or "Saryn" etc.?

Edited by giantconch

Coinciding to your idea of the infograph for avg prices, I think that maybe a terminal in Maroo's Bazaar with a list of how much platinum is usually traded for an item would be a good idea, and it would make Maroo's Bazaar worth visiting, rather than just hanging around in trading while in your empty dojo...

A new trade chat IMO is unnecessary- I like being able to watch the WTS posts at the same time as WTB. No one is EVER going to use the WTT section you proposed. And barely anyone will ever go to the WTS section- making it hard to find buyers unless you go to WTB-

Point is- this wouldn't work out well. I see how you're thinking this would work, but it just wouldn't. WTB/WTS aren't separate things. They're the same thing and without both the system falls apart. Trading should not "be easier". It's already easy- people just don't want to have to work for it at all, and that's never going to happen. Anything that would make that possible is going to kill the economy- which in turn again makes it not possible.

7 minutes ago, (XB1)SgtFunBun said:

Coinciding to your idea of the infograph for avg prices, I think that maybe a terminal in Maroo's Bazaar with a list of how much platinum is usually traded for an item would be a good idea, and it would make Maroo's Bazaar worth visiting, rather than just hanging around in trading while in your empty dojo...

I'm usually in my ship :P eh, that would be cool i suppose, but my problem with that would be i would have to load the rely just so i can monitor the average price, and may or may not want to trade something. Seems like quite the hassle tbh

Just now, (PS4)drahkel said:

I'm usually in my ship :P eh, that would be cool i suppose, but my problem with that would be i would have to load the rely just so i can monitor the average price, and may or may not want to trade something. Seems like quite the hassle tbh

OOH, orr, they could make that last hologram thingy (to the right of the syndicates) show that list too, but that ALSO defeats the purpose of going to Maroo's Bazaar XD

Just now, (XB1)SgtFunBun said:

OOH, orr, they could make that last hologram thingy (to the right of the syndicates) show that list too, but that ALSO defeats the purpose of going to Maroo's Bazaar XD

Haha true that. I never go to Maroo's bazaar though. Went there once when that update came was all like dafuqs this and left to never return lol

has anyone tried suggesting something like Runescape's "Grand Exchange" or is that the auction house idea that everyone hates?

You deposit your item into the exchange and set the price you want to get for it (EX:depositing a Loki Prime Helm and setting the price for 15P) and then the buyer puts in an item request and deposits the price they wish to pay for it (EX: Requested Loki Prime Helm and puts 20P into the exchange). The trade is (sometimes) instantly completed, both players go back to the "Grand Exchange" to pickup their respective items, and in this case the buyer gets back some plat.

don't know how this would work for trading items, but its an idea

Edited by (PS4)Elctrcstel

Turn Maroos Bazaar into an actual damn Bazaar where we can make a fire and forget stall, put in 10 pieces of merch, add a price and then just go do whatever. They have 2 hours of sell time and then the proceeds and unsold stuff come back to you in your mail.

You could only have one bazaar spot.

Optional: Make trade only possible at a Maroos Bazaar and add one to each relay so we don't have to go through multiple loading screens into another persons Dojo, do one trade and get more loading screens.

Or make trading through mail and chat possible.

This Dojo business is burdensome and annoying.

Or just make a damn AH.

I'll support anything that's fire and forget because I can't be arsed to sit and watch the chat scroll by.

Edited by Ziegrif