The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pirates vs. Ninjas

Psychotoxin

1 hour ago, ElGuirrix said:

They look cool, but half their story definitely isn't.

Also ninjas actually wore dark blue instead of black because it is harder to spot at night.

1 hour ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Captain Sparrow

But he is CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE HIM (in a platonic way)?!

4 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

dog%20snickering.jpg

Art of deception. The body was my molt. My stuff is booby trapped and suddenly explodes and covers you in ketchup! Ninja gets the last laugh!

You messed with an enemy beyond you!! *a fleet bombards your house and hideouts*

2 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Also ninjas actually wore dark blue instead of black because it is harder to spot at night.

But he is CAPTAIN JACK SPARROW. HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE HIM (in a platonic way)?!

Black is a stereotype for edgy

If she doesn't, then it's heresy

First of all you @(*()$ Saints Row fan, I love you, don't hide it.

Now I don't want anyone to be brain washed by the media or anything. Ninja is simply an assassin or a hitman. They are as capable of any other hitman you will find in any other countries. 

Now if you want to see them fight, and who wins, you will have to look at how the battle is engaged and where it took place. If it's on the ground and the the pirate don't expect himself to be targeted, the ninja always have the advantage of stealth and attack at the golden opportunity. 

If you are looking at Saints Row like they are engaging in a war, then it's a war. I will bet on the side which more actual combat experience. Keep in mind although ninjas do receive combat training but that is something always avoid like any other hitman. It's nothing like shown on TV where they hide hundreds of shirikens waiting to throw at you or supersonic speed slashes. Be realistic, do not fantasize the word ninja, they are like any other assassins, they wait they go in for a easy kill and disappear.  

Now if they are on a ship in the middle of the ocean, even with equal amount of people fighting each other, I would bet on the pirate simply due to they know better how to fight on ship and balance themselves well on the ocean. 

Edited by Guest

Big red letters incoming!

I AM REFERRING TO THE FICTIONAL SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT, BECAUSE THE HISTORICAL NINJAS AND PIRATES WERE QUITE SIMILAR IN WAYS, AND AGAIN LET'S NOT FORGET THE MORALLY DEPLORABLE ACTS COMMITED BY BOTH PARTIES.

SO YEAH, STICKIN' TO FICTION

Edited by Psychotoxin
Forgot the 'red' part...

2 hours ago, ElGuirrix said:

Y'heard her boys?! She hates us! Let's show'em what we're made of!

For Mompracem! (reference to the book Sandokan)

*a horde of Malaysia's fiercest pirates burn down your town*

Btw pirates all the way

Inspired by this guy ^^^^^^^

*rallies all the ninjas and sistematically cuts down all the pirate captains*

Our towns have done nothing to you, you filth!

7 minutes ago, Valteria. said:

snip-

It's meant to be a battleground fight, none can expect it to be equal or even since both side's way of engaging differ completely.

On a campal fight in open warfare, the pirates hold the advantage by firepower, bombardments, etc, and being prepared for military-like fight, since that is how they lived.

Whereas ninjas, to get an advantage, must have their own terrain advantage since assassination under fire is harder to achieve since there's no easy kill or significant one with sheer numbers.

Whoever is in their territory wins. Simple as that.

4 minutes ago, Psychotoxin said:

I AM REFERRING TO THE FICTIONAL SIDE OF THE ARGUMENT, BECAUSE THE HISTORICAL NINJAS AND PIRATES WERE QUITE SIMILAR IN WAYS, AND AGAIN LET'S NOT FORGET THE MORALLY DEPLORABLE ACTS COMMITED BY BOTH PARTIES.

Doesn't matter. They get exaggerated but difference between assassination and heavy firepower doesn't change. You can be flashy but an exaggerated bomb will kill you regardless.

1 minute ago, Psychotoxin said:

Inspired by this guy ^^^^^^^

*rallies all the ninjas and sistematically cuts down all the pirate captains*

Our towns have done nothing to you, you filth!

You began a war! You get war!!

To hell with all you!! Attack from sea!! Raze them to ashes!!

*heavy bombardment, explosions, canon fire and sink any attempt to get close*

2 minutes ago, Psychotoxin said:

You want fiction? So you want Drama and BS superpowers and anime style.

Then it depends on who has a stronger plot armor

Ninja : A ninja supersonic dash on the pirate's ship and waltz with super sonic slashes, before any pirates can even touch him.

Pirates : After the ninja cut the pirate a thousand times, the pirate finally grabs the ninja's hand, "gotcharrr, you hit like arrr little girl. Let me show you how a pirate land a cut landlober." Then the pirate will one hit the ninja like a boss. 

It's pointless tho if you are looking at fiction, fictions are nothing but plot armor, always. No exceptions.

1 minute ago, ElGuirrix said:

Doesn't matter. They get exaggerated but difference between assassination and heavy firepower doesn't change. You can be flashy but an exaggerated bomb will kill you regardless.

Well quite a lot of fictional ninjas can take down whole armies soo... i'm failing to see your point...

7 minutes ago, BlackerGames said:

Pirates = CC
Ninjas = single target burst DPS

Pirates all day every day

Soo

Pirate=shotgun

Ninja=burst rifle

?

6 minutes ago, Valteria. said:

You want fiction? So you want Drama and BS superpowers and anime style.

Then it depends on who has a stronger plot armor

Ninja : A ninja supersonic dash on the pirate's ship and waltz with super sonic slashes, before any pirates can even touch him.

Pirates : After the ninja cut the pirate a thousand times, the pirate finally grabs the ninja's hand, "gotcharrr, you hit like arrr little girl. Let me show you how a pirate land a cut landlober." Then the pirate will one hit the ninja like a boss. 

It's pointless tho if you are looking at fiction, fictions are nothing but plot armor, always. No exceptions.

Wow... y'know if i wanted gritty realism in my life i'd go snort a pulverized modern fps cd...

Fiction provides the chance to forget the mundane. At least for a while.

9 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

You began a war! You get war!!

To hell with all you!! Attack from sea!! Raze them to ashes!!

*heavy bombardment, explosions, canon fire and sink any attempt to get close*

*all the villages are decoys, with no one in them*

*disguises as a pirate, and kills everyone on your ship*

Pitiful excuses for a human being. All of you!

Just now, Psychotoxin said:

Well quite a lot of fictional ninjas can take down whole armies soo... i'm failing to see your point...

Fictional pirates are usually so strong they can take down hundreds of foes single handedly. There can't be a winner because both fictional ninjas and pirates are exaggeratedly OP

Just now, Psychotoxin said:

Soo

Pirate=shotgun

Ninja=burst rifle

?

Pirates - pillaging villages, and destroying goverment ships. Large scale, rum driven destruction, for the purpose of riches.

Ninjas - taking out 1 enemy at the time in a boring way, to deafeat some lousy enemy clan lord.

Excuse me, but, pirates.

1 minute ago, Psychotoxin said:

Soo

Pirate=shotgun

Ninja=burst rifle

?

Wow... y'know if i wanted gritty realism in my life i'd go snort a pulverized modern fps cd...

Fiction provides the chance to forget the mundane. At least for a while.

True but it's hard to have a decent nNinja V Pirate discussion is you don't lay down some boundries.  Fiction; anything goes and everyone wins.  Realism; better debate because we aren't dealing with abilities like...Naruto... 

As to ninja's that can take down entire armies; http://www.lfg.co/npc/tale/20-17/

Pirates that can go underwater to decimate a small fleet.  

4 minutes ago, Psychotoxin said:

*all the villages are decoys, with no one in them*

*disguises as a pirate, and kills everyone on your ship*

Pitiful excuses for a human being. All of you!

*once you kill one the alarm is set and the whole ship crushes you with me as the captain that for plot reasons seems immortal*

*burns down all forests and agriculture, effectively rendering all your people resourceless*