Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Sabotage Caches- am I missing some secret place?

Foefaller

Question

So, recently, two of the last four void sabotage missions that I've gone on, I've failed to find the last cache, which is very frustrating since finding it gives me another roll on prime parts. This is kinda disturbing me, because I thought I knew all the secret rooms and nooks and crannies that the caches could be found, and in both cases I spent an hour going through the entire map tile by tile with a fine tooth comb (i.e. a companion with Animal Instinct) to no avail. While the random generation of these maps make it hard for others to help me where I went wrong, there are two things that I noticed that were in common with both missions:

The first one is that both had the room seen in the picture here: http://imgur.com/nx72Lpg , with the spinning Event Horizon knockoff the Orokin were big fans of in the middle, and a second level that hugged the side of the room this picture was taken from and the wall to my left that had a second set of doors on top of the ones on the ground level. I noticed this room because it's not a room I see very often. I'm thinking it's possible that there is a hidden room or door that I keep missing, one that leads to a room far enough away that my Animal Instinct wasn't picking up the cache or any other containers. Does anyone know of one, or is it's only unique feature outside of the spinning thing is that two of the four sides have a door on both levels?

Second is less "I'm at fault" and more "Is the map gen at fault?" Both of these maps had hallways, sometimes two tiles long, that ended before getting to a treasure room or one of those dead end rooms that you always see all around the Void. This struck me as fairly odd, because outside of those two times, I can't recall ever running into a red door on any tile that only had two possible exits (I've of course ran into several in rooms where there are three or more exits) Am I just being paranoid, or is there some logic to this?

Finally, two other questions I feel like I now have to ask as my cache finding skills seems to fail me:

1.) All Void caches always are in the Void itself, and are never found in whatever tileset that you warp to for the boss, right?

2.) Assuming #2 is correct, will aborting the mission before killing the boss still consume my key, or am I safe to start over the next time I spend an hour combing the map and still coming up a cache short?

Oh, and both of these times it was T2 Sabotage, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can give.

13 answers to this question

Awright, first I'll start by stating I have had problems in the past finding the caches, but have never had an instance where all the caches have not spawned. That said...

There are several strange-ish hiding places for caches. There is a square semi-treasure room, with a death orb elevated on a platform that starts up when you enter the room. Sometimes a cache is placed in that room.

There is a timed parkour room, the one where you enter and it has the 3 laser plates that lead to a gap you need to jump. Sometimes there is a cache in that room (not hidden behind the closing doors though)

There is a hallway room, with two doors low down, and an elevator on one end. Wall climb onto the top platform, sometimes there is a cache there. Also in this room, in the elevator shaft, there is a ledge you can get to, and a secret room up there that sometimes has caches.

Void caches are always in the Void and not the mini-boss locations.

Did these places have the elevator room that you can drop down without calling it up? There's the small room in the shaft which I'm guessing you know about, but in the large open area with all the electricity arcing you can climb up to the right (facing away from the elevator) and there's sometimes one there. It's high enough that Animal Instinct isn't going to notice it and is easy to forget to check.

Edit: Can also be found in the parkour treasure rooms.

Edited by Maicael

The devs are pretty creative when it comes to placing secret paths in rooms, some of them are out of range of animal instinct so if you're learning the locations i'd suggest to stack loot detector/thief's wit with it.

Learning the locations is the hardest part and is more or less guaranteed to be frustrating but it gets super easy once you know what to look for.

Just keep looking. It is very easy to miss something. If you keep having trouble you're always welcome to inv me along.

1. Yes

2. Yes

42 minutes ago, Foefaller said:

The most important advice:

Until you find out all possible places to search make sure you bring as much Loot radar as you can: Thief's Wit (warframe mod), Loot Detector (Aura), Animal Instinct (Companion Nightmare Mod). Although it gives you a very big range horizontally, vertical radar is very limited, so make sure you bullet jump or scale every room walls. (Horizontally you'll have a radar worth of 102m, nothing can escape you unless you haven't gone up or down enough.)

Personal advice, bring an Ignis, it will help speed up breaking regular containers so you can figure faster which marked container might actually be a cache.

When you start memorizing the places you can leave them at home again x) and go back to only use Animal Instinct in the companion.

You can also see YouTube / wikia guides of where to find them.

You're also free to hit me up if you find me online, I'm very used to find them anywhere, both Void, new Ship sabotage, Hive and SeaLab.

Edited by Manyc

22 hours ago, Foefaller said:

So, recently, two of the last four void sabotage missions that I've gone on, I've failed to find the last cache, which is very frustrating since finding it gives me another roll on prime parts. This is kinda disturbing me, because I thought I knew all the secret rooms and nooks and crannies that the caches could be found, and in both cases I spent an hour going through the entire map tile by tile with a fine tooth comb (i.e. a companion with Animal Instinct) to no avail. While the random generation of these maps make it hard for others to help me where I went wrong, there are two things that I noticed that were in common with both missions:

The first one is that both had the room seen in the picture here: http://imgur.com/nx72Lpg , with the spinning Event Horizon knockoff the Orokin were big fans of in the middle, and a second level that hugged the side of the room this picture was taken from and the wall to my left that had a second set of doors on top of the ones on the ground level. I noticed this room because it's not a room I see very often. I'm thinking it's possible that there is a hidden room or door that I keep missing, one that leads to a room far enough away that my Animal Instinct wasn't picking up the cache or any other containers. Does anyone know of one, or is it's only unique feature outside of the spinning thing is that two of the four sides have a door on both levels?

Second is less "I'm at fault" and more "Is the map gen at fault?" Both of these maps had hallways, sometimes two tiles long, that ended before getting to a treasure room or one of those dead end rooms that you always see all around the Void. This struck me as fairly odd, because outside of those two times, I can't recall ever running into a red door on any tile that only had two possible exits (I've of course ran into several in rooms where there are three or more exits) Am I just being paranoid, or is there some logic to this?

Finally, two other questions I feel like I now have to ask as my cache finding skills seems to fail me:

1.) All Void caches always are in the Void itself, and are never found in whatever tileset that you warp to for the boss, right?

2.) Assuming #2 is correct, will aborting the mission before killing the boss still consume my key, or am I safe to start over the next time I spend an hour combing the map and still coming up a cache short?

Oh, and both of these times it was T2 Sabotage, if that helps.

Thanks for any help you can give.

http://imgur.com/a/Iwttz I tried to find all the locations I believe I'm missing only one hope this helps 

also for 1- caches only spawn in the void 2- you can abort whenever you want w/o using the key until you kill both sisters after that the key will be used 

I didn't fully read everything since there's a lot w/o a tl:dr I just get the gist of it 

Edited by SolaireTheSunWalker

if you find that's hard...just do the normal sabotage 2.0 runs....the places where caches are hidden can be mind blowing....but don't worry, cos ur mind won't be blown by the places, it will be blown from not finding those freaking caches even if u look 10 times! 

anyway, the caches in void are rather easy to find and remember, if you take someone who really knows their places and then he teaches you you'll find them easily. as for your descriptions, I'm not very good at remembering rooms, so I can't help you sadly, though the room you posted in the OP doesn't have any secrets   

if you post more picture of tilesets it'll be even more helpful 

9 minutes ago, giantconch said:

Awright, first I'll start by stating I have had problems in the past finding the caches, but have never had an instance where all the caches have not spawned. That said...

There are several strange-ish hiding places for caches. There is a square semi-treasure room, with a death orb elevated on a platform that starts up when you enter the room. Sometimes a cache is placed in that room.

There is a timed parkour room, the one where you enter and it has the 3 laser plates that lead to a gap you need to jump. Sometimes there is a cache in that room (not hidden behind the closing doors though)

There is a hallway room, with two doors low down, and an elevator on one end. Wall climb onto the top platform, sometimes there is a cache there. Also in this room, in the elevator shaft, there is a ledge you can get to, and a secret room up there that sometimes has caches.

9 minutes ago, Maicael said:

Void caches are always in the Void and not the mini-boss locations.

Did these places have the elevator room that you can drop down without calling it up? There's the small room in the shaft which I'm guessing you know about, but in the large open area with all the electricity arcing you can climb up to the right (facing away from the elevator) and there's sometimes one there. It's high enough that Animal Instinct isn't going to notice it and is easy to forget to check.

Edit: Can also be found in the parkour treasure rooms.

Had the elevator room you both are talking about in the first mission, but not the second. Checked the hidden room in the elevator shaft, but I didn't know there was another possible cache place above my head in the hallway itself. If that room in the pic has no secrets, i'm willing to bet that the second spot was where the last cache was at for that mission.

Didn't have any of the timed rooms in either map though. Did have a couple in each with the tunnels on either side you're suppose to wall run up into to get to the second level, but while I did find at least one cache in those rooms, checking both the top and bottom of those rooms didn't yield the final cache.

Do you know any more rooms other than the electric hallway that have cache locations too high for Animal Instinct to pick up? I guess I'm going to have to keep an eye towards the ceiling in the meantime :)

47 minutes ago, Maicael said:

There's the small room in the shaft

....I'm an idiot.  Thank you, that's been killing me.  I always see the loot on radar climbing the wall up to the loot room in the rafters behind the open grate, but I never thought to climb the inside of the shaft.  

Just now, weirdee said:

It bears repeating, but the GIANT GLOWY TOOB room has a second floor.

I don't think that one does. The one that I know it has a "second" floor (just 4 holes in the wall with a container each) is on the cross room, it has 4 pillars surrounding the spinning orb of energy generation... or whatever that thing is.

That said, I have not seen that room since I came back and I have not played in over a year so they might have changed the room he linked.

25 minutes ago, Manyc said:

The most important advice:

Until you find out all possible places to search make sure you bring as much Loot radar as you can: Thief's Wit (warframe mod), Loot Detector (Aura), Animal Instinct (Companion Nightmare Mod). Although it gives you a very big range horizontally, vertical radar is very limited, so make sure you bullet jump or scale every room walls. (Horizontally you'll have a radar worth of 102m, nothing can escape you unless you haven't gone up or down enough.)

Personal advice, bring an Ignis, it will help speed up breaking regular containers so you can figure faster which marked container might actually be a cache.

When you start memorizing the places you can leave them at home again x) and go back to only use Animal Instinct in the companion.

You can also see YouTube / wikia guides of where to find them.

You're also free to hit me up if you find me online, I'm very used to find them anywhere, both Void, new Ship sabotage, Hive and SeaLab.

Just checked a couple of the videos, and saw a couple of caches locations I didn't know of, two of which were in rooms I know where in the last void mission, both fairly common mobile defense tiles that I'd always thought were secret-less. One of which (the massive square room with three normal exits, one of which at the end of a short hallway and another in a trench behind where the mobile defense terminal normally spawns) was definitely high enough that Animal Instinct wouldn't have normally picked it up.

For finding them I think it's easier to listen for their sound than to try to visually spot each location. Many of the areas you can simply run by if you're listening without paying attention to anything visually other than enemies, even loot radar.