Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You know what really grinds my gears (for no good reason)?

(PSN)Shade0217

14 minutes ago, magusat999 said:

Yeah I keep seeing people say that, people who don't know what they are talking about and just parrot what they have heard elsewhere with no consideration of the rest of the lore whatsoever. DE never said "throw everything out, here is the new lore". They introduced some new things - but never said it means the rest of the story is invalid. but people with flawed deductive reasoning keep jumping to that conclusion. We don't know what DE is going to do in the future, but we do know they never rejected the early lore. We will see what develops but for now we cannot assume that parts of the story suddenly do not exist.

There is actually video of Hayden Tenno. It isn't a "mystery" as much as it is something DE needs to tie up. That "Hayden Tenno hasn't been around long" argument is full of holes. For one, it STILL admits that there WAS a Hayden Tenno, dead or not. Second, it tells us what I said earlier - that "Tenno" comes from Hayden's name, and they didn't call everyone after him a "Tenno" for nothing. Third, if Hayden "doesn't matter" why do they call the "space ninja" "Tenno", after his last name. Sound pretty significant to me. DE has never came out and said there was absolutely no link between Dark Sector and Warframe, they said the canon is not absolute - which simply means Warframe draws from Dark Sector, but they don't want to be restricted by it.  Having actual footage should go well beyond "pretty sure" - its not a guess, its a fact.

Reveal hidden contents

From what I recall, haden happened in the long distant past when the technocyte virus just happened. then comes the orokin times and they build warriors using the same virus. the first was excalibur, who was "modeled" after hayden tenno, and given that as a title. as more warriors were made, they were also labeled tenno as they used the same style of construction

6 minutes ago, friendofvampires said:

From what I recall, haden happened in the long distant past when the technocyte virus just happened. then comes the orokin times and they build warriors using the same virus. the first was excalibur, who was "modeled" after hayden tenno, and given that as a title. as more warriors were made, they were also labeled tenno as they used the same style of construction

nope. the ship was called ten-0. get it?

Edit: I am talking about the ship with the children, that failed at a void-jump attempt and got stuck in the void, mutating the children.

Edit2: This info is in the ember prime codex.

Edited by Megakruemel

2 hours ago, magusat999 said:

DE has never came out and said there was absolutely no link between Dark Sector and Warframe, they said the canon is not absolute - which simply means Warframe draws from Dark Sector, but they don't want to be restricted by it.  

Actually, DE said a few times in devstreams that Warframe is a SPIRITUAL successor to Dark Sector. Not a literal one. The universes between the two games are, at this present time, NOT connected by any canon source.

2 hours ago, friendofvampires said:

Look at time point 6:00 in the video and tell me if Excalibur was "modeled" after Hayden. That's why I posted the video, so people can get it straight.

when I see "Tennos", I immediately think of a cereal box with Excalibur on it, because it sounds like a breakfast cereal.

also, I believe the plural is actually Tennogen, as one of the Grineer asks "are there any Tennogen on this ship"?. he must have been using the plural, otherwise he would have said "Is there a Tenno on this ship"?

that's my best guess anyway, and Tennogen sounds cooler IMO.

22 hours ago, Genoscythe said:

No comma needed there.

Heil grammar!

what have I done

22 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Someone said this...

Hide contents

QWytFGX.png

I wanted to buy it so i contacted him! Unfortunately i didn't get a response :(

(i mean who wouldn't want to buy such a rare part that probably exists only once?)

but hey, someone wanted to sell hitler's soul once on trade chat.

too bad I didn't have any platinum.

imgur is being a pain to embed so just have a link

3 minutes ago, (XB1)xDarkzgul said:

You're*

I had to do it

HA! I got nazi'd! Well done!

On a different note, I am okay if this thread goes on to rant about other things besides the plural of Tenno, (like the market stuff. I've got some stories too) so long as it all stays in good humor and taste.

22 hours ago, Megakruemel said:

nope. the ship was called ten-0. get it?

Edit: I am talking about the ship with the children, that failed at a void-jump attempt and got stuck in the void, mutating the children.

Edit2: This info is in the ember prime codex.

Yes, the Zariman  Ten-0, I know that. However, between Ten-0 and Hayden Tenno I'd have to say the latter seems more like the source of, you know "Tenno"

2 hours ago, friendofvampires said:

Yes, the Zariman  Ten-0, I know that. However, between Ten-0 and Hayden Tenno I'd have to say the latter seems more like the source of, you know "Tenno"

Yes but DE already confirmed that there is no connection between Dark Sector and Warframe in one of their devstreames when they discussed the excalibur proto-skin. Even the skins are more on the side of easter eggs, which are supposed to remind players about Dark Sector and give a bit of a nostalgic feeling. I mean sure, if you say DE came up with the "Tenno"-name when looking back at Dark Sector and saw it as inspiration, sure. But the name of the Tenno lore-wise comes from the ship.