Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

noob requests help

Shadowmystic

Question

i have been playing for almost a month and i am liking the game, but i am really bad with my frame (volt) based on what i have seen from other players. so i looked up some frames i thought i might like better (didn't like the volt builds i was seeing), and came up with Ember and her fire quake build. it looks like a really good CC/DMG build from what i can tell. so here's my prob, being new i have nearly none of the mods i need for the build or the credits to level them in a somewhat timely fashion, and i cant manage to stay alive long enough in solo missions to get them. group missions have yet to work out cause everyone seems to want to complain about how bad i am with my frame and ignore the fact that i'm new. i'm not complaining, just pointing out my experiences so far.

the solution i came up with is 1 i might need to get into a clan even though i am fairly anti social. and 2 i need to ask for help from the experts, you guys.

so i have built and am leveling ember currently, and i have a total of 2 of the mods i need. streamline and stretch.  

any advice on where to go from here?

18 answers to this question

You might want to farm for those mods first. While you're at it, improve your skill and if you find some other stuff that you can trade for plats, it's additional bonus to get the mods you need. 

I really think that you should join a clan. Look for someone friendly and open to new players.

From the experience in my clan, experienced players are actually quite happy to bring you in missions, or to give you directly certain mods. If you need basic things like Redirection or Serration, I would expect that a teammate would be ready to give you one for free.

I'd definitely help you find your mods, but I'd need to know what mods you need first, of course. I'd suggest taking a few journeys into Orokin Vaults to gather corrupted mods, many of which are probably necessary for your typical builds. The rest are probably just drops from a lot of different enemies. Take your time exploring the start chart and finding them, but you can also farm for them. (But I don't advise you deliberately turn a game into a chore, since it takes away the fun).

Oh, and I mainly use volt, for pretty much any circumstance. He's my favorite frame, but he definitely requires a bit of care to use or he can go down in a fight pretty fast. (He's all about positioning, really. In my opinion, he really helps you get parkour and positioning down pat, which can make other warframes much easier to play and more effctive).

1 sorry you had to deal with the jerks in your games unfortunately you get that with public groups sometimes I have been playing for 2 years or so now and will still occasionally get someone like that (I don't always follow the meta nor do I tend to power spam, which seems to offend some people) 

2 I am not totally familiar with mods nessisary for a firequake build but the wiki is a great resource but depending on the mods they maybe beyond your reach except for groups or trade 

3 feel free to friend request me in game and I can help you with some missions or mods if I have them, or questions 

4 you don't have to be social to be in a clan there are several that are aimed toward solo players. Even my own clan while semi social, it not a requirement, the only real requirements are be active and don't be a jerk lol 

1 hour ago, Shadowmystic said:

sorry, my comp froze up on me, my current loadout is as follows,

Volt, streamline rank 4, redirection rank 5steel fiber rank 4, flow rank 4, vitality rank 6, stretch rank 5, equilibrium rank 2, heavy impact rank 1. 

Boltor, cryo rounds rank 2, serration rank 5, hellfire rank 3, piercing hit rank 3, infected clip rank 2, rupture rank 2, warp mag rank 5, speed trigger rank 1.

Dex Dakra, shocking touch rank 2, melee prowess rank 2, pressure point rank 5, vicious frost rank 3, north wind rank 2, fury rank 5, fever strike rank 3, molten impact rank 1. 

i rarely use a secondary, i forget its there. the ember build i am trying for is 

i'm not sure how to add friends yet though i will figure that out and send some friend requests. thank you guys for the advise so far, i hope this helps you guys understand my build better as well as what i am looking for so far in ember. believe me if farming ash didnt require being a god i would go for him, so i will use ember to farm ash prime. =)

From the looks of your volt set up its less the frame and more the rank and choice of mods same for your Boltor, Volt is a decent Frame, his ult is a bit meh but that will,be changed in a coming rework that is currently a wip. Looks like you should be adding power str and duration, do you have a potato on volt yet?

4 minutes ago, Shadowmystic said:

i do have a potato on volt but i also have all my best mods on it. so far. 

yep definitely a modding issue then, intensify and continuity or constitution for power str and duration, i would drop heavy impact, equilibrium, steel fiber (volts base armor is nil so its not very useful and add power str and duration   

Best thing you can do is to find friendly clan and to ask your experienced clanmates to give you common essential mods (like streamline, flow, intensify, continuity .... )

Hell even random strangers will often give you this but you need a clan anyway so join one.

Then you need corrupted mods, these actually sell nicely and ppl will generally be reluctant to give them for free but no matter, you should earn and farm your own ones, you will need them and extras can always be sold on market for solid plat (more popular ones go for 20-40p easily), sell them and get potatoes.

Now you need proper build. Even with basic mods and non fully upgraded corrupted (aim to achieve 7/10 on more useful mods. Then slowly level most important ones) your battle efficiency will be reasonably good. Like 70% of full build.

Now all you need is skill - play, learn, watch YT vids on basic tips and various guides. Gl.

Edited by ThorienKELL

sorry, my comp froze up on me, my current loadout is as follows,

Volt, streamline rank 4, redirection rank 5steel fiber rank 4, flow rank 4, vitality rank 6, stretch rank 5, equilibrium rank 2, heavy impact rank 1. 

Boltor, cryo rounds rank 2, serration rank 5, hellfire rank 3, piercing hit rank 3, infected clip rank 2, rupture rank 2, warp mag rank 5, speed trigger rank 1.

Dex Dakra, shocking touch rank 2, melee prowess rank 2, pressure point rank 5, vicious frost rank 3, north wind rank 2, fury rank 5, fever strike rank 3, molten impact rank 1. 

i rarely use a secondary, i forget its there. the ember build i am trying for is 

i'm not sure how to add friends yet though i will figure that out and send some friend requests. thank you guys for the advise so far, i hope this helps you guys understand my build better as well as what i am looking for so far in ember. believe me if farming ash didnt require being a god i would go for him, so i will use ember to farm ash prime. =)

On 8/4/2016 at 1:32 PM, Shadowmystic said:

i have been playing for almost a month and i am liking the game, but i am really bad with my frame (volt) based on what i have seen from other players. so i looked up some frames i thought i might like better (didn't like the volt builds i was seeing), and came up with Ember and her fire quake build. it looks like a really good CC/DMG build from what i can tell. so here's my prob, being new i have nearly none of the mods i need for the build or the credits to level them in a somewhat timely fashion, and i cant manage to stay alive long enough in solo missions to get them. group missions have yet to work out cause everyone seems to want to complain about how bad i am with my frame and ignore the fact that i'm new. i'm not complaining, just pointing out my experiences so far.

the solution i came up with is 1 i might need to get into a clan even though i am fairly anti social. and 2 i need to ask for help from the experts, you guys.

so i have built and am leveling ember currently, and i have a total of 2 of the mods i need. streamline and stretch.  

any advice on where to go from here?

wait, so you've been playing for a month and already killed sargas ruk like 4 times?! Wow, I'm very impressed!! Good job!