Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

16->17 Mastery Test Is Impossible

Ateist666

so I already failed mastery quest for MR17 like 10 times, tried it with diferent frames and diferent tactics

problems

1st on every video on youtube they start with 20-25 secs and when I get ingame it starts from 10 secs

2nd orbs spawn when I'm 3 sec before fail

3rd orbs spawn on distances which isn't possible to reach at that time

I use mods for speed on frames but still doesn't help

best I did was like 15 enemies left with ember

I'm not seeing how you get 10 secs when I'm seeing 18 even from the most recent of videos.

Remember that you can bullet jump to cross pits and having a primary that can mow down a horde is useful if you find that running around as Ember isn't really working for you. So why not take things down from range?

9 hours ago, BlackCoMerc said:

Still wondering who thought test taking would in any way make a game more enjoyable...

Not supossed to make it enjoyable, just supossed to be there to test your skills, making sure that if you are gonna raise your mr you better know how to play

Also don't forget, this is warframe we are speaking off, a pc game with mobile game grinds

1 hour ago, Datcoolguy said:

Not supossed to make it enjoyable, just supossed to be there to test your skills, making sure that if you are gonna raise your mr you better know how to play

Also don't forget, this is warframe we are speaking off, a pc game with mobile game grinds

It's part of a game, in which we're suppose to enjoy and have fun.  Yes it IS supposed to be enjoyable.  Not easy, but fun.  Challenging, not frustrating.  Key difference.

i do agree that time is an issue here.

try limited yourself on the amount of enemies killed and use a 5 second rule to remind yourself to go for the extra time no matter what.

try to be fast by gaining the extra time, but take it slow on the amount of enemies you kill.

also, try to multitask; kill enemies while heading toward the time orbs for a quicker win.

thats the best i can do to help, but yeah, time is definitely an issue here.

5 hours ago, Ateist666 said:

so today I started it again it started from 18 secs, killed 28/30 and then I failed cause I lost time

Kill the enemies as an afterthought, your main goal should be locating and melee striking the next orb.  Especially since it requires some decent parkouring to reach half the time. 

I just redid that test just to be sure, and btw the rank 21 test is the exact same with extra floors to move through, so its very essential to know how to jump from one floor to the next through the breaks in the levels, rather than taking the ramps. 

Using ember or Equinox helps with the enemies, but the enemies are actually inconsequential, use ignis or simulor or any spray and pray weapon.  Even sonicor or staticor would work.  Your goal is to get the orbs and ramp up your time as much as possible and kill the enemies as you go.  Don't focus on killing the enemies as the main goal.

In case you aren't aware (though being MR16, you should know by now), go to a relay in Sanctuary you can practice these tests as many times as you like before actually attempting them for real.  If this is what you did, nevermind, but if you failed 10x in a row in the actual test thats 10 days wasted you could have practiced 10x in one day before trying the actual test.

Edited by Xekrin
why did I say goal so many times?

On 09.04.2016 at 4:07 PM, Ateist666 said:

so I already failed mastery quest for MR17 like 10 times, tried it with diferent frames and diferent tactics

problems

1st on every video on youtube they start with 20-25 secs and when I get ingame it starts from 10 secs

2nd orbs spawn when I'm 3 sec before fail

3rd orbs spawn on distances which isn't possible to reach at that time

I use mods for speed on frames but still doesn't help

best I did was like 15 enemies left with ember

Ember with range. Don't even bother killing enemies with your weapons, just go after the orbs as soon as possible. Failed test for 21 mr in Simaris' because I was trying to do it in a legit way too. But that's about it.

dude that was easy are you talking about the one where you have to kill enemies before time runs out and theres orbs you have to melee to get more time

i did that with nezha ack and brunt and a staticor 

also NO its not impossible there are plenty of  rank 18+ players to prove that much

Edited by hazerddex

20 hours ago, _krotchy said:

PLZ DE deal button on the next rank > buy rank 100pl

they're meant to test your skill, not test how rich you are, new players wouldn't be able to rank up at all because they don't know how trading works and might now want to waste there's earnings on a game they just started and not sure if they would even enjoy. Are you really that lazy and going to waste so much plat on ranking up?

Edited by iamDDips

On 4/13/2016 at 3:18 PM, iamDDips said:

they're meant to test your skill, not test how rich you are, new players wouldn't be able to rank up at all because they don't know how trading works and might now want to waste there's earnings on a game they just started and not sure if they would even enjoy. Are you really that lazy and going to waste so much plat on ranking up?

this test is more luck than skill so lets not complain. also it is not lazy, some people dont like being tested to rank up at all especially when the "test" is mostly luck. on top of that, you can practice this test for eight weeks straight and then when you go to qualify have every orb spawn on the opposite end of the course, have ancients spawn behind you and instantly pull you off an edge, which is really cool considering the 24 hour lockout after a failed test. also DE puts everything else up for sale why draw the line at fake &#! luck based mastery tests considering every rank past 12 is absolutely meaningless.

23 minutes ago, Exoskela said:

this test is more luck than skill so lets not complain. also it is not lazy, some people dont like being tested to rank up at all especially when the "test" is mostly luck. on top of that, you can practice this test for eight weeks straight and then when you go to qualify have every orb spawn on the opposite end of the course, have ancients spawn behind you and instantly pull you off an edge, which is really cool considering the 24 hour lockout after a failed test. also DE puts everything else up for sale why draw the line at fake &#! luck based mastery tests considering every rank past 12 is absolutely meaningless.

Luck? Heh. Those tests are easier than some regular (not void, not sortie) missions. On top of that, you have all eternity to practice in the relay and figure out how to complete them without even a chance of a failure. 

• 3 months later...

The reason that I failed this test a few times, is that the orb spawning is completely random. If the first orb spawns at the opposite end of the course, instead of somewhere nearby, you're kinda screwed.

Like the others have said, killing is an afterthought. Scramble for the orbs first.

Starting time has been a known bug issue for some time now. Took me about 8 tries and largely due to the starting time. Ember works well for the mission, but you can also use syndicate weapons as a boost. Take Rak Ballistica for it as well. If you can get the proc off you'll get the movement speed bonus.

Look at the video on the wiki page. If that guy (or lady) can do it with MK-1 gear, Exaclibur, no abilities and 5 secconds to spare, Then you should be ashamed of yourself for failing with a World on Fire Ember.

Also as this tenno said.

On 11.04.2016 г. at 3:40 PM, Yzjdriel said:

Uhhh........

There's this thing called the Redeemer.

/post

If you are having trouble reaching the spheres, Redeemer is your friend. Keep in mind, it will take about 1,5 secconds to to use the charge attack and you also have to be on the ground.