Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee Build

(XBOX)sombra main lol

Question

I don't know how to start these.

I need a a few builds for Banshee because i'm horrible at builds.  I need a build for sound quake, for when i'm dcking around with friends in a T1 defense and i need to clear the room, a build for silence, and a build for sonar, which is technically the same as sound quake since it uses power strength, duration, and range.  I also need to know how many forma it will take on the build, since i just recently made and maxed out my banshee. 

ty :///

Edited by (XB1)heyimjordan13
turned a censored word into #&&$^*(Q@)(#&(@#$

10 answers to this question

So these are my two main builds for Banshee, they are a bit unorthodox, but I came up with them slowly as I got to know her kit better and I think they ended up feeling very comfortable for me to play with. I have 3 forma, but you could probably get away with only two.

The first one is centered around Sonar and spreading it all over the map with Resonance. It is tailored with a team scenario in mind, as it can be hard to use in solo because of how the increased range affects silence (but you can use it in solo if you plan on sniping or just running around a lot):

Aura: Any you feel comfortable with, I use Rifle Amp a lot with this build, or Corrosive Projection when in an organized party.
Exilus: Handspring is a must.
Blind Rage -- Intensify -- Stretch -- Constitution
Primed Continuity -- Streamline -- Resonance -- Vitality

As you can see, it sacrifices a bit of efficency in favor of duration and strenght. It's strenght is not maxed out for the simple reason that 1060%+ is more than enough damage bonus on Sonar for most of the game's content, and it would be overkill and not recommended to reduce duration for it unless you're going to fight really high level enemies. In that case, just slot the other strenght mods where you can. 
If you don't have Zenurik focus or for whatever reason you'd rather have a bigger energy pool, go ahead and throw in a Primed Flow instead of Constitution, tho that's not really necessary as Banshee is not a energy-hungry frame, specially with so much duration.

Now this build, is pure art. I love it to bits and I use it the vast majority of the time just because of how flexible it feels. It focuses on buffing melee play and close range engagements in general, it works smoothly for both solo and teamplay, but some people feel... uncomfortable with a Banshee not focused entirely on Sonar so just make sure to explain it beforehand to avoid hostility (personal experience).

Aura: Same as above, but for this build I pretty much always run Steel Charge, unless Corrosive projection is absolutely needed.
Exilus: Rush (don't worry, Handspring is still in here)
Transient Fortitude -- Handspring -- Resonance -- Fleeting Expertise
Primed Continuity -- Stretch -- Savage Silence -- Narrow Minded

Lower duration than the one above, but a lot more efficiency creates a build that will rarely get your energy reserves low.
The lower strenght here is for a simple reason: Sonar won't be the main source of damage, but rather a buff for regular melee attacks. Any tougher units you'll want to use Savage Silence's finishers to kill. And let's be honest here, 800% damage from sonar is still amazing + 400% stealth bonus from Savage Silence + 700% on finishers is more than enough.
I recommend not using a fully ranked Narrow Minded, I use one that's 2 from max simply because I feel 91% range is the perfect sweetspot for Silence. It's long enough to stun most enemies right as you enter their shooting range but still short enough to allow you to get to them and pull off 2~3 chained finishers before the stun wears off, depending on weapon choice.
So. No Vitality. After playing around a lot with this build, I feel like Rush gives me more survivability than Vitality ever could. It allows me to run and dodge enemies enemies much faster, keep them stunned easier with Silence and get to them in time to pull off those finishers. Besides, Vitality doesn't matter at higher levels where you are going to get killed in one shot regardless, so I'd rather have a easier time avoiding that damage completely than attempting to mitigate it slightly.
Transient Foritude is only here until we get Primed Intensify. If you feel the urge to have more power strenght, go ahead and swap this for a Blind Rage, but I wouldn't recommend it.
Yes, i'm running Resonance here too, because I like to use Sonar to keep regular melee attacks effective for a longer time and if you use the right weapon, you'll spread it all over the bad guys.
Last considerations on this build: Not all melee weapons will synergize well with this, tho all of them are effective with it. I recommend using those that have fast finisher animations, longer range and good base damage while having combos that can hit Sonar often enough. The longer reach will allow you to choose when you want to do a regular attack or trigger a finisher by getting a tad bit closer. A few good choices would be the Lesion or Orthos Prime, Mios and the Atterax (whips do have a slower finisher, so be aware of that).
And another thing: don't stop. Keep running and dodging and rolling and bulet jumping everywhere. You don't want to fight enemies that are not stunned by Silence, so get in, do a couple finishers or a melee combo, get out, stun them again and redo. Hit and run tactics are a must.
Of course, all of this doesn't mean you'll be only using melee, close range shooting is also effective, and since enemies will be stunned most of the time, hitting sonar weakspots is fairly easy. 

Edit: Sorry for the wall of text   ^-^

Edit 2: Okay, so about Sound Quake. It can be useful, and a great way to keep a large area of enemies stunlocked. But honestly, I rarely build for that as it's so situational, and I don't want to share a makeshift build so I'm gonna have to let you do that one on your own.

Edited by AntifaHooligan

Sonar_zpstyouezap.png

This is primarily a Sonar build. It can also work for Silence depending on what you're trying to use Silence for, but the low efficiency and lack of Flow really make this build ill-suited for Sound Quake. You can burst it, but it'll cost far too much to use Sound Quake for prolonged periods of time.

For a Sound Quake build, you can replace Resonance for Flow. Then you can replace either Blind Rage or Intensify for Fleeting Expertise.

If you want more range, feel free to replace Narrow Minded for Vitality, or if you have Flow on you can use a R4 Quick Thinking instead (R4 if using the build pictured, if using lesser ranked mods a maxed QT is possible). This build is a zero forma build, and all the suggestions I gave are applicable without formaing. Better builds with fewer negatives will of course require forma.

EDIT: It's also entirely possible to switch out Intensify for Streamline if you don't mind the decrease in strength.

Edited by calmchaos

Personally, imo:

Swap out Steel Charge for Rifle Amp. Banshee's a marksman and increased base damage on your primary will only make sonar better (unless you don't use rifles much).

I would totally go on your suggestion and take Streamline over Intensify, especially if you don't take Flow. Banshee's energy costs are fairly high.

If you're okay with using a Forma and an Exilus Adapter, put some knockdown recovery into the Exilus slot. Banshee is frail, and if she gets knocked down, she's probably going to die.

I think there are three quite different main build families for Banshee, using the relevant Corrupted mods:-

1) Sonar build - Max or High Power Strength, Max or High Duration, decent Range, dump Efficiency.  Team-friendly build, EV Trin probably necessary in the team. Resonance augment a requirement.

2) Silence build - High Duration, High Efficiency, decent Power Strength, dump Range.  Solo build, partly primary, partly melee focussed.  Savage Silence the required augment.

3) Soundquake build - Max Range, Max Efficiency, dump Power Strength.  Team friendly, pure CC over a massive area.

(When I say "dump", I only mean that relatively, you still want a bit of the dumped stat if you can squeeze it in.)

General purpose build would be the 2) type of build, except blend in enough Power Strength and Range to make Sonar useful, and use Resonance instead of Savage Silence.

The Sonic Boom augment is great if you can squeeze it in there too, but you do need some Range to make Sonic Boom useful.

Edited by Omnimorph

Try a melee build including naramons shadow step, stretch, duration, strength, max efficiency and the auguments for sonic boom and sonar.

Essencially works like a sonar build but you use silence to close in to get naramon going. You're able to destroy armor when you're invisible and in melee range then. Absolutely devasting. Use a slash+viral on a status+crit melee weapon and enemy scaling feels nonexisting. Whatever you fight.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

I'm also looking for a nice build for banshee but... after looking at your builds I've a simple question :

How do you even survive ?

I tried doing a lvl 60-80 survival and got downed by every single bullet :D

The build I posted is a pure damage buff-oriented build, ie a glass cannon. Unless you take out something for Flow+QT or Vitality like I suggested under the picture, you have to rely on either killing all the enemies before they kill you or having a support team member like Frost, Trinity, Vauban, etc. It shouldn't change too much if you switch out the Intensify & Continuity for Flow & QT which would let you survive much better so long as you don't run out of energy.

Silence's cc should keep you protected well enough to survive until you kill all the enemies around you though. Especially since Sonar makes you one-shot pretty much every enemy.

1 hour ago, calmchaos said:

The build I posted is a pure damage buff-oriented build, ie a glass cannon. Unless you take out something for Flow+QT or Vitality like I suggested under the picture, you have to rely on either killing all the enemies before they kill you or having a support team member like Frost, Trinity, Vauban, etc. It shouldn't change too much if you switch out the Intensify & Continuity for Flow & QT which would let you survive much better so long as you don't run out of energy.

Silence's cc should keep you protected well enough to survive until you kill all the enemies around you though. Especially since Sonar makes you one-shot pretty much every enemy.

That's what I thought... you can't play banshee unless with a bless.

Sad frame

8 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

That's what I thought... you can't play banshee unless with a bless.

Sad frame

What? There are few frames that aren't squishy past lv80+, and I've done just fine with that Banshee build (not the Flow+QT variant) without even having a Trinity in the party. Regardless of what frame you're using, if you can't survive without blessing then you're doing it wrong.