Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

21 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

God I @(*()$ hate the nameless king. Any other boss was a piece of cake (though I haven't gotten to the prince and the soul of cinder. I doubt that they are as annoying though.)

I think the only real issue is that it's a two stage boss. I beat him cause i summoned a player to help speed up the first part and as insurance for the second part. I found rolling INTO his attacks and to the left put me pretty close to him to where i can get off a single 2 handed attack and repeat. Also the soul of cinders wasn't too difficult, but you have to switch your play style on the fly since the boss does just that. I'm currently doing anything i missed during the play though before i go to second playthrough. I might respec, might not, not too entirely sure of what i'm gonna rock out with in the next play through. maybe up my intelligence so i can go moonlight greatsword.

Just now, Skycook3y said:

God I @(*()$ hate the nameless king. Any other boss was a piece of cake (though I haven't gotten to the prince and the soul of cinder. I doubt that they are as annoying though.)

Oh yes... I've tried to beat him 3 times, but the bastard is just too fast on his last stage and i can't dodge his attacks for S#&$.

I'm terrible at dodging attacks that enemies charge for 5 seconds, i'm much better with instant ones, but this bastard either charges for too long, or lunges right at you leaving no time to react. I had to summon a sunbro to deal with the bastard. I'm afraid to think how he's going to be like on NG+...

And about Twin Princes... They are actually can be quiet anoying for... reasons. Took me about 4-5 painfull attempts, and i beat them with no flask left (and it was maxed 15 charges +10!).

The most annoying part is that to get to them after death you have to use 2 elevators that also work as loading screens rendering map and stuff, micro-freezing the game time to time.

Actually scrap that, i just realized i could've use another bonfire to reduce this to only 1 elevator. URGH, why am i so stupid?!

Also: Farron Greatsword is the most badass weapon in the game, i absolutely love it.

53 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

Also: Farron Greatsword is the most badass weapon in the game, i absolutely love it.

Meh, I prefer the wolf knight one. Also dancer swords are cool but they feel really slow and their animations take way too long

17 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Meh, I prefer the wolf knight one. Also dancer swords are cool but they feel really slow and their animations take way too long

I'm conflicted between Drakeblood greatsword or the Black Knight sword. Both look awesome and have good stats, but idk...

So yesterday i finished the game. Got "Lord Of Hollows" ending, by pure random...

I didn't mean it... *PTSD flashbacks of the "wedding"*

Welp at least i got the most $&*^ish ending right away. It can only get better from now... "The Betrayal" is next on my list, and then i'll actually save the world for good and will do it again and again from then and on.

And now some topics to discuss!

First of all: the last boss was absolutely awesome. A total badass. Just like us! Kicked my &#! a couple of times before i got gud and won. On side: do you guys think trying to parry the boss is worth it or not? I'm trying to do it, but parry windows are just so @(*()$ short. 

So with that said - which bosses you guys liked to fight the most? Those that werent too hard or too easy but just right.

For me: The last boss of the game as well as Twin Princes, Consumed King, Champion Gyndur, and Dragonslayer Armour are my favorite ones so far. All of them kicked my &#! a few times before i kicked them back. Solo (which is important). It's just that moment as you try hard and you start to realize that "I CAN DO IT IF I'LL TRY HARDER". And then you win. Awesome feeling.

And then there are A******s like Pontiaff S., Dancer of Boreal Volley and Nameless King. I had to summon sunbros in order to beat them.

Of all 3 of them the last one is the one that is actually just HARD. One battle-hardened bastard.

Other 2 are not that hard but it's just... All enemies of Boreal Volley have the same trait of completely screwing my PC over leading to impossible to play framerates. I don't know why. The moon is too shiny i guess, and locations are filled with destroyable props. In fights with both Pontiaff and the Dancer i had to deal with both S#&$ty FPS (15-20) AND terrible camera angles from lock-on. You could feel my selfconfidence leaving through the window as i was noticing a terrifying trait of me wasting 50% of my Flasks while boss still had >60% HP. So i just decided to not git gud and just call someone with better PC to help my sorry undead butt. Even though those victories were cheese - i still felt VERY good about them. Because there is nothing like anihilating a boss that you literally hate at this point in jolly cooperation.

And then there are Abyss Watchers. The ones who gave me my favorite weapon in the game.

I made a terrible mistake when fighting them (him?) for the first time. I summoned someone. The first stage was won in like 10-15 seconds.

And now the scariest part: my summon completely anihilated the second stage while i was watching the cutscene. All this build-up just to see that boss is at 0 health already...

HOW THE FUDGE DID THAT HAPPEND?! DID HE SKIPPED THE CUTSCENE AND PROCCEDED TO FIGHT WHILE I WAS STILL WATCHING?! WH- HOW?! THAT IS BULLS#&$!

It was terrible. Now, on my 2nd playthrough i promise to beat the Watchers by myself, compltely alone.

And it's still going to be a genuine experience because the fight was cheesed so much that i literally can't remember a single attack pattern of the boss. I just... Wasn't there. I hope this boss will be as good as i hyped myself for him to be. Since, you know... I use the same fighting style as they are. Which is badass.

Edited by Artek94

Just now, Naftal said:

I don't really count Abyss Watchers to be a real boss. It's easier than the two Darkwraiths outside of the boss room.

But at least they got style. There are 2 types of bosses that i consider "good": the ones that gave me a good fight and the ones who looked cool in the process. Like Yhorm the Giant.

Edited by Artek94

1 minute ago, Artek94 said:

But at least they got style. There are 2 types of bosses that i consider "good": the ones that gave me a good fight and the ones who looked cool while doing so. Like Yhorm the Giant.

Yeah but Abyss Watchers didn't give a good fight.

Yhorm was nice the first time I did him, when I didn't know about Stormruler. The second time around I used the sword and the fight was stupid easy. I have no idea why they included the sword, the fight was fine without it. One sword makes it too easy fight and they allow every player to use one...

Just now, Naftal said:

Yeah but Abyss Watchers didn't give a good fight.

Yhorm was nice the first time I did him, when I didn't know about Stormruler. The second time around I used the sword and the fight was stupid easy. I have no idea why they included the sword, the fight was fine without it. One sword makes it too easy fight and they allow every player to use one...

They look cool while trying at least. After all they are basically like you - just undead warriors.

And Yhorm fight was stupid.. The Yhorm is a fine character but the fact that you have to traid weapon you like for something that is literally "hold the button, then hit once, repeat" was a stupid idea. Very stupid. It's both breaks the player's character and makes fight very anti-climatic. Like... WHY?!

Edited by Artek94

2 minutes ago, Artek94 said:

They look cool while trying at least. After all they are basically like you - just undead warriors.

And Yhorm fight was stupid.. The Yhorm is a fine character but the fact that you have to traid weapon you lime for something that is literally "hold the button, then hit once, repeat" was a stupid idea. Very stupid. It's both breaks the player's character and makes fight very anti-climatic. Like... WHY?!

I heard they added the sword mechanic to the fight just before release, because beta testers couldn't handle the boss. They made a normal boss with normal boss difficulty into something that could've just been cinematic seeing how easy it was.

EDIT: Maybe they could've put the mechanic in but not include the sword in the boss room. This way you'd need either Siegward to help in the fight or loot the sword from him earlier, if you really need that kind of help.

Edited by Naftal

Just now, Naftal said:

I heard they added the sword mechanic to the fight just before release, because beta testers couldn't handle the boss. They made a normal boss with normal boss difficulty into something that could've just been cinematic seeing how easy it was.

Reduce HP of the boss by 50%, problem solved! Fighting him is cool, it's just he takes no damage from you. Why adding such a stupid mechanic?!

2 hours ago, Artek94 said:

So yesterday i finished the game. Got "Lord Of Hollows" ending, by pure random...

I didn't mean it... *PTSD flashbacks of the "wedding"*

Welp at least i got the most $&*^ish ending right away. It can only get better from now... "The Betrayal" is next on my list, and then i'll actually save the world for good and will do it again and again from then and on.

And now some topics to discuss!

First of all: the last boss was absolutely awesome. A total badass. Just like us! Kicked my &#! a couple of times before i got gud and won. On side: do you guys think trying to parry the boss is worth it or not? I'm trying to do it, but parry windows are just so @(*()$ short. 

So with that said - which bosses you guys liked to fight the most? Those that werent too hard or too easy but just right.

For me: The last boss of the game as well as Twin Princes, Consumed King, Champion Gyndur, and Dragonslayer Armour are my favorite ones so far. All of them kicked my &#! a few times before i kicked them back. Solo (which is important). It's just that moment as you try hard and you start to realize that "I CAN DO IT IF I'LL TRY HARDER". And then you win. Awesome feeling.

And then there are A******s like Pontiaff S., Dancer of Boreal Volley and Nameless King. I had to summon sunbros in order to beat them.

Of all 3 of them the last one is the one that is actually just HARD. One battle-hardened bastard.

Other 2 are not that hard but it's just... All enemies of Boreal Volley have the same trait of completely screwing my PC over leading to impossible to play framerates. I don't know why. The moon is too shiny i guess, and locations are filled with destroyable props. In fights with both Pontiaff and the Dancer i had to deal with both S#&$ty FPS (15-20) AND terrible camera angles from lock-on. You could feel my selfconfidence leaving through the window as i was noticing a terrifying trait of me wasting 50% of my Flasks while boss still had >60% HP. So i just decided to not git gud and just call someone with better PC to help my sorry undead butt. Even though those victories were cheese - i still felt VERY good about them. Because there is nothing like anihilating a boss that you literally hate at this point in jolly cooperation.

And then there are Abyss Watchers. The ones who gave me my favorite weapon in the game.

I made a terrible mistake when fighting them (him?) for the first time. I summoned someone. The first stage was won in like 10-15 seconds.

And now the scariest part: my summon completely anihilated the second stage while i was watching the cutscene. All this build-up just to see that boss is at 0 health already...

HOW THE FUDGE DID THAT HAPPEND?! DID HE SKIPPED THE CUTSCENE AND PROCCEDED TO FIGHT WHILE I WAS STILL WATCHING?! WH- HOW?! THAT IS BULLS#&$!

It was terrible. Now, on my 2nd playthrough i promise to beat the Watchers by myself, compltely alone.

And it's still going to be a genuine experience because the fight was cheesed so much that i literally can't remember a single attack pattern of the boss. I just... Wasn't there. I hope this boss will be as good as i hyped myself for him to be. Since, you know... I use the same fighting style as they are. Which is badass.

For me i beat the final boss on my second try. the first try was immediately after i beat the twin princes, and my dumb behind didn't heal at a bonfire. so i only got to the second skill set he uses. my second try i witnessed all his and when i thought it was over, boom second phase. I cannot wait for from to pull a lady maria for the dark souls 3 dlc and give us a boss that tops any other in the game.

7 minutes ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

Ah, a ring that Yuria sells lets phantoms appear as hosts, or hosts appearing as white phantoms.

It's the phantom one. There are only rings that let you look like a human while hollow, and a ring that lets you appear as a white phantom (for when you're a mad phantom and wanna screw with hosts)

Btw, how's your fasion souls looking? I'm currently in NG+ rocking the faraam helm, wolf knight torso, morne leggings and havel gauntlets while using the MLGS and wolf knight greatshield.

1 minute ago, LordOfScrugging said:

It's the phantom one. There are only rings that let you look like a human while hollow, and a ring that lets you appear as a white phantom (for when you're a mad phantom and wanna screw with hosts)

Btw, how's your fasion souls looking? I'm currently in NG+ rocking the faraam helm, wolf knight torso, morne leggings and havel gauntlets while using the MLGS and wolf knight greatshield.

SL 188 and dying from cancer farming concord kepts. Meanwhile, I met count firekeeper.

t31W3CU.jpg

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord