Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Souls 3 discussion thread

TheErebus.

1 hour ago, Derinkavat said:

He is easy. Just that his track makes me want to listen to it more rather than fighting the actual boss. Same goes for Nameless King and Pontiff.

My favourite tracks were the ones during Soul Of Cinders, Abyss-Watchers and Champion Grundyr's battles. The music is Bloodborne level of good, which is awesome.

I recently found out that Alva Armor is back!

My favorite armor ever is back! I had a whole Dark Souls 2 playthrough where i was cosplaying Alva with a Partizan spear combined with that red flower shield (sad that it didn't came back...). Somehow i got addicted to this setup, partizan simply looked very legit with Alva's.

Sadly i probably will leave Alva's set in storage until next playthrough, for now i shall continue my Lancer cosplay.

Jeez, i missed so many NPC invaders during my first playthrough... That's because i played most of it unkindled due to a lot of deaths and rare embers. Now that i die very rarely due exclusively to my own stupidity and that i have like 50 embers, i can be kindled all the time and finally fight all the awesome NPC invaders that i missed and get their sweet gear for my collection.

Though i have to leave it noted that they drastically changed Alva's image in DkS3... In DkS2 he was said to be some kind of traveling hero and his armor was the only thing that we had and knew about him. Now not only his armor is back, they also shown his weapon of choice - Murakumo (it even has a lore piece about him) and for some reasons he's called "Seeker of Spurned. As if a headhunter? Or to help them? AND WHY HE INVADES US IN THE FIRST PLACE?! I'd like to believe because he simply went hollow and gone insane, but still... From barely known about "hero" to someone who tries to make you panic-roll from a cliff. That was quiet the jump of character development... S#&$ty translation from japanese original could also be a reason for this.

6 hours ago, Artek94 said:

-one snip to rule them all-

Well it is said that Alva gave up his knighthood but found purpose through Witch Zullie who once tried to stop him. I doubt he went hollow as it  was never said that he himself was affected by the undead curse.

Okay, LordOfScrugging. You and SkyCook3y are making fun of my progress. I cleared the Lord of Cinder and I'm at the catacombs now. Died only once so not bad and it was a really fun boss. 

JTXjFxd.jpg

The catacombs is very frightening. Then I wasn't expecting it, I was invaded and I kept running while fighting enemies. The invader killed me but that was exciting. 

What in heaven's name is this? Its crazy! 

iavKBw9.jpg

1 minute ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Okay, LordOfScrugging. You and SkyCook3y are making fun of my progress. I cleared the Lord of Cinder and I'm at the catacombs now. Died only once so not bad and it was a really fun boss. 

JTXjFxd.jpg

The catacombs is very frightening. Then I wasn't expecting it, I was invaded and I kept running while fighting enemies. The invader killed me but that was exciting. 

What in heaven's name is this? Its crazy! 

iavKBw9.jpg

that's a ball of corpses. little hint, kill the skeletons with funny hats.

9 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

that's a ball of corpses. little hint, kill the skeletons with funny hats.

I did! When I ran inside the area, that's the first skeleton you encounter. I tried attacking the skeleton ball, and it pushed me off the ledge. I really like the enemies in Dark Souls and Bloodborne. They are never boring to me. 

Just now, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I did! When I ran inside the area, that's the first skeleton you encounter. I tried attacking the skeleton ball, and it pushed me off the ledge. I really like the enemies in Dark Souls and Bloodborne. They are never boring to me. 

the skeletons with the funny hats are the ones that control the ball, you can't attack them directly, but when you kill the skeleton controlling them, wait for them to crash into a wall and they break apart.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

-seven snips to the dwarves in their halls made of stones-

FANMADE_Twilight_Clapping.gif

I remember going through the catacombs again on ng+. Some moundmaker invaded me and didn't even have the courtesy to go by the duel rules. I emerged victorious though with my dragonslayer swordspear.

3 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Killing someone with a swordspear or the pony gif I stole from twilight053 on the wikia

I don't think the swordspear would pass as cute? So its the dwarves comment and the pony. 

Its funny I passed the invader in the hallway, it took several seconds before he turned around and gave chase. Caught me totally unprepared. Got sandwiched between two enemies and the invader and that was it. That's what I noticed in DS3, nobody uses gestures. 

1 minute ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

I don't think the swordspear would pass as cute? So its the dwarves comment and the pony. 

Its funny I passed the invader in the hallway, it took several seconds before he turned around and gave chase. Caught me totally unprepared. Got sandwiched between two enemies and the invader and that was it. That's what I noticed in DS3, nobody uses gestures. 

are you sure it was a player or npc invader? most invaders i've come across do gesture

Depends, I always use gestures when I invade. Though I've started to just lay out my red soap stone after Pontiff. Something I do have a problem with however is the lack of honor when I am invaded. Healing in a 1v1 is something that annoys me a lot. Even worse when it's a 2v1 and they heal. Absolutely dishonorable.

2 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

are you sure it was a player or npc invader? most invaders i've come across do gesture

Oh he gestured after he killed me. Did the kneeling outstretched arms. "Thank you for the easy kill"! Forgot to use the seed maybe it would even things out. 

2 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Depends, I always use gestures when I invade. Though I've started to just lay out my red soap stone after Pontiff. Something I do have a problem with however is the lack of honor when I am invaded. Healing in a 1v1 is something that annoys me a lot. Even worse when it's a 2v1 and they heal. Absolutely dishonorable.

I do too. Problem I encounter when I invade is having 3 or 4 opponents. Its not fun. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

Oh he gestured after he killed me. Did the kneeling outstretched arms. "Thank you for the easy kill"! Forgot to use the seed maybe it would even things out. 

I do too. Problem I encounter when I invade is having 3 or 4 opponents. Its not fun. 

Are they white/orange/blue phantoms or reds and purples? Because the latter might be a fight club

7 minutes ago, Skycook3y said:

Are they white/orange/blue phantoms or reds and purples? Because the latter might be a fight club

Sometimes its the reds and purples.

2 hours ago, residente said:

Anyone knows if Poise is going to be fixed? 

1flqrnn.png

Also praise the sun

I like this! Nice screenshot and impressive bars.

Sometimes its the reds and purples.

If there are just reds/purples fighting each other and the host sitting around it's a fight club.

3 hours ago, residente said:

Anyone knows if Poise is going to be fixed? 

1flqrnn.png

Also praise the sun

Most likely no...

People think it was intentional, since it's turned off exclusively fot players, but not for monsters.

They basically "turned the game into Bloodborne"

The only reason to wear heavy armor now is to get that sweet damage reduction... Which does not even work correctly.

3 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

2dBwUsV.png

2 hours ago, Artek94 said:

Most likely no...

People think it was intentional, since it's turned off exclusively fot players, but not for monsters.

They basically "turned the game into Bloodborne"

The only reason to wear heavy armor now is to get that sweet damage reduction... Which does not even work correctly.

If it's intentional why did they bother with the +2 Wolf Ring...? Makes no f sense and makes me mad.

6 hours ago, (PS4)makrisbrik said:

In the catacombs right? Was he holding a giant ultra greatsword that was just a slab of rock? if so that's an NPC. they don't gesture. if he kills you you get the gesture he does. actual player invaders do have the decency of gesturing before fighting as a sign of respect.