Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Annual call to bring back some Kodo drums again!

Omnimorph

Prompted by a thread in General, I'm reminded that, while I love all the music they've added, I really miss the kodo drums. 

I wouldn't want them all the time, like the game used to have, I do appreciate the variety we have now.  But I think they should be in a bit more than they are, I very rarely hear the drum theme these days, and I miss it dearly.  It was a central cultural reference point that really nailed the "space ninjas" gestalt (reminiscent of Kurosawa, etc.) and it's one of the things that hooked me on the game.  I know the game's drifted from the "space ninjas" idea a bit too, but it would be nice to keep some of that element in as an anchoring reference point.

Plus, the drums were always the most kinetic and exciting music for missions.

Again, not asking for all drums all the time, just bring the drums into rotation a bit more.

Edited by Omnimorph

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry. I agree, it would be nice to have some of the old tunes back in the game. Not just the drums, but also the almost ethereal song that played in the starchart. Maybe have Keith and the sound guys touch them up a bit before they are added again. Bur yes, those are such iconic songs for this game, they should see a revival (although I've noticed that the drums have been added to the extended cut of the Second Dream theme).

Edited by Bibliothekar