The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows too dependant on DNA Stabilizers

(XBOX)RAG is NAROK

So honestly I was very disappointed when I got my Kubrow. You put so much work into it only to realize that you literally have to log on every day just to keep it alive. I know DNA stabilizers aren't too expensive but honestly why bother when I could just stick with a sentinel that requires less work and won't die on me if something happens and I can't log onto to Warframe for a week. Honestly, it just seems like too much maintenance to me.

And yes, if you are wondering I did have a Kubrow and yes, I petted it and yes, it did log onto warframe 1 day to discover its dead body in the back of my ship.

Now rather then be a total jerk and complain I am willing to offer a solution to this problem. Instead of making it that the Kubrows health goes down everyday just make it so that you only need the use DNA stablizers when it dies in combat. That way as a result we can walk away from the game and come back a week later with us only having to worry about keeping the Kubrow loyal.

Please do this DE. Give me a reason to use this Kubrow egg that is currently sitting on a pillar, rotating around and doing absolutely nothing.

P.S. To those of you who are going to post comments complaining about how the Kubrow is better I honestly don't care.

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that there's a way to make the whole kubrow maintenance mumbo jumbo a whole lot easier. The bad news is that this is the Incubator Upgrade Segment, which was a bit of a band-aid fix to this problem. 

It's bad news because since they made a band-aid solution for it, they likely won't change the mechanics to be less punishing. 

I just hope Kavats don't have the same mechanics. I like my Kubrow and I would use it more often if it wasn't dor the DNA Stabilizers. It is a pointless mechanic. It would be much better if we had a variety of buffs to choose to feed our Kubrows.

8 minutes ago, helghastgunner said:

Well... They did give us the upgrade segment so they no longer die (they go into the freezer) and you can already revive them during missions so... 

This is actually the first time I heard about the freezer thing. How does that work? Still doesn't make my life any easier though now that I think of it. :/

1 minute ago, Genitive said:

I just hope Kavats don't have the same mechanics. I like my Kubrow and I would use it more often if it wasn't dor the DNA Stabilizers. It is a pointless mechanic. It would be much better if we had a variety of buffs to choose to feed our Kubrows.

I agree with you 100% and with a Primed Continuity (which I hope to get soon) it will go up to 155%. :)

7 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

Well, I have good news and bad news. The good news is that there's a way to make the whole kubrow maintenance mumbo jumbo a whole lot easier. The bad news is that this is the Incubator Upgrade Segment, which was a bit of a band-aid fix to this problem. 

It's bad news because since they made a band-aid solution for it, they likely won't change the mechanics to be less punishing. 

Yeah, well nobody likes band-aids because you eventually have to rip them off. Hopefully DE will realize this and will just heal the wound for us instead of giving us a band-aid for it.

i'll parrot the answer to this thread again - there is an upgrade you can apply to your Incubator so that it's impossible for your Doge to die on your Ship.

not to mention that even without that upgrade, it takes a Kubrow exactly 20 days(you could call it 19 depending on timing) from full 'stability' to die in your Ship.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)RAG is NAROK said:

This is actually the first time I heard about the freezer thing. How does that work? Still doesn't make my life any easier though now that I think of it.

halves the stability reduction rate(so you can ignore it for an entire month!), and when it reaches critical levels, it will automatically be put in Cryo. Research it in a Clan Dojo, Tenno Lab.
this isn't a band-aid - it's a solution for those that only play games on very rare occasions. 

Edited by taiiat

Kubrows are meant to be huge money sink for more established players who have more credits than things to spend.  It is designed to be very expensive to breed and maintain kubrows. Would you believe it that DNA stabilizer used to be even more expensive than now? Yes, it's no fun/fair for new players, but that's the way things are at the moment.  Luckily, kubrow isn't essential part of the game and in some ways sentinels are still more useful than most kubrow breeds so you as a new player don't need to immediately get and maintain these silly dogs.  I really don't understand why How of Kubrow is available so early in game to new players when they should be focusing on getting Carrier sentinel.

Like others have said already, you should upgrade your incubator segment when you can so health degradation is only 5% per day instead of 10% and you dog will go automatically into the freezer when it's close to dying.  For now, just put your kubrow in the freezer so its health won't degrade any further and do something else.

5 minutes ago, xiaodenden said:

Kubrows are meant to be huge money sink for more established players who have more credits than things to spend.

too bad that's never been even close to true (except for the cost of the Power Cores) - because the upkeep cost to maintain a Kubrow's Health was originally ~7500Cr per day, and now is 3125Cr per day.

new Players definitely shouldn't be able to access the Doge Quest so early though.

new Players should not be making a Carrier as soon as possible - they'll end up like other people that never learned how to play Warframe and complain about problems that aren't actually there. like complaining about Ammo, Energy... Et Cetera.
especially without any Mods to speak of - wasting 90%+ of the Ammo on the ground is not going to help Excalinewb.

30 minutes ago, taiiat said:

new Players should not be making a Carrier as soon as possible - they'll end up like other people that never learned how to play Warframe and complain about problems that aren't actually there. like complaining about Ammo, Energy... Et Cetera.

especially without any Mods to speak of - wasting 90%+ of the Ammo on the ground is not going to help Excalinewb.

For the record I am not a new player. As for my carrier (which is prime by the way) I earned it through hard work and I put 2 forma into it. Please don't be so hasty to judge next time (maybe you didn't mean to but it sure did come across that way). 

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

too bad that's never been even close to true (except for the cost of the Power Cores) - because the upkeep cost to maintain a Kubrow's Health was originally ~7500Cr per day, and now is 3125Cr per day.

new Players definitely shouldn't be able to access the Doge Quest so early though.

I agree about newer players.. Somewhat

I think for what we do get.. They definitely aren't worth the level of resources(two of the breeds imo are fine.. The rest... Well at least space mom has a feast whenever I send her dogs) 

Whoa whoa whoa, hold on there how's a robot that picks stuff up for you gonna turn you into a whinny and problematic player?  That's a a HUGE generalization there. 

Edited by helghastgunner

Thematically and mechanically, I think Kubrows should be thus:

Each day unattended (not taken on any mission), your Kubrow's Loyalty should drop 10%, since you aren't 'taking care' of it by bringing your trusty companion into battle with you.

Each bleedout in combat if anything, should reduce its Health value by 5%, and dying without being revived should be a total of 10%. 

Rushing their defrosting shouldn't cost plat (I know upgraded incubator doesn't) since it makes no sense. Instead, regular Incubator should have a 5% Health damage penalty for rushing, with the 10k credits cost that the upgraded incubator has. The upgraded model would still have the 10k credits, but wouldn't have the Health damage, since it has a better defrost cycle or whatnot.

Making them a credit sink is stupid. We already have plenty of credit sinks in trades, mod upgrades, restore pads and spectres.