Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does no one do 4 rounds of Draco anymore?

JMP3

Question

Recently, it's become harder and harder to find a squad that will stay past 2 rounds on Draco.  This kinda bugs me since it slows down whatever I'm ranking up.  An unranked weapon usually takes me around 3 4-person squad, 4 round Draco runs.  Additionally, Draco is where I get the bulk of my Focus, since it's really hard to get much in other missions.  I get a good....5x more focus from those boosters that drop (transference modules?) on Draco than any other mission.  Also, cores.  I use a lot of them since I'm funneling resources into maxing Primed mods.  Actively farming for cores on Triton or Hieracon takes a while, but Draco's fast and will drop 5 R5s on Wave 3 about, say, 66% of the time?   Kinda bugs me that not many people are willing to stay past Round 2 anymore, and I'm wondering what's going on.

11 answers to this question

if you have 3 weapons (plus sentinel) a 2 slow 1 fast should be enough. most of the ppl I see just come to lvl 1 or 2 weapons, some only warframes (leechers) or cap their syndicate standing, only a few come for focus. I once met a guy who had focus lenses on all weapons plus the warframe, for maximum focus gain. he only stays for 4 rounds (or two 2 round runs) to max 

^ What he said. Bring less weapons and level up one thing at a time while bringing 1 good weapon. It should only take 2 rounds this way. If you want to boost it even more, do a Raid, find rare caches for the Affinity booster, then do your levelling.

Edited by Zilchy

Well thats because those ppl are usually leveling weapons. If you been gaining all the possible affinity. Its possible to rank it to 20 (Thats if you brung your weapon to Draco Unranked) without a affinity booster. With a affinity booster. You can fully rank your weapon (unranked to 20) within 1 round. No point in staying past 2 unless your leveling a frame.

tip: bring only one weapon

when you gain affinity and have lets say r30 frame + r0 primary + r30 secondary + r30 melee and assuming you are leeching, the frame gets 25% exp while all 3 weapons split up the 75% affinity they gain. if you only bring an r30 frame + r0 primary, the frame gets 25% while the primary gets 75% which cuts your required runs by 2/3. one fast pub round of draco usually get me to r20 more or less in the weapon.

btw:

when you kill enemies, the frame gets 50% exp while the weapons split up the other 50%

when they kill enemies, the frame gets 25% exp while the weapons split up the 75%

there are a few other things to note about exp distribution but this is the basic. check here for more details: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

It usually depends on how fast my gear levels or how toxic my team is. It usually takes 2-3 rounds to level my gear without a booster, and if my team is obnoxious, I'll leave the very first round or in the middle of the match.

Edited by DuskLegendary