Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Using PS4 Account on PC

AGENTC09

Question

Hey everyone,

So i'm a bit confused with this 'transfer' thing. Can my friend use his PS4 account on PC to play with me? Or is that a one time thing and he'll have to use PC for the rest of his Warframe career?  

Thx

Edited by AGENTC09
Asked the wrong question

7 answers to this question

Account migrations have been done in the past. They require special agreements between Sony, Microsoft and Steam, with DE as the liaison.

There have been two migration periods where PC players could move their account to PS4, and one migration period where PC players could move to X1. At no point have players been able to migrate an account from PS4 to X1, or from PS4 or X1 to PC. Neither of those things will ever happen, barring Satanic rituals and many dead kubrow pups.

When asked about account migration on a recent devstream, [DE]Steve said it had been a while since the last one and they would like to setup another. However, DE cannot guarantee it will happen, because platform holders prefer not to give paying customers to their competition without good cause.

I'm with the above posters. Don't risk it. Just play on the same platform and stay there.

By the way, I just wanted to point out that Migrations never allowed people to move from a console to a PC. You always move from a PC to a console.

Currently it is impossible for you and your friend to play on the same platform unless either you or him make a new account.

4 hours ago, rage4198 said:

pretty sure its a permanent transfer just like the pc to console migration that happened some time ago

It's not available at this time, and it's not perm, it's a copy paste of your current account and then the 2 accounts will be separate entity but you will have both accounts the original account remains