Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Want to complete planet missions but I always play alone which isn't fun.

jezym

Question

Hello everyone,

I'm going through the solar system (currently at Saturn) but in the majority of missions I do, it's just me and it isn't fun to do these missions by myself.  There are also missions which are really difficult when you're by yourself like interception and archwing missions and no one ever seems to join. 

I've asked in my clan but no one replies unless it's a void mission. 

Is there like a newbie recruitment area where I could play through the planets with people who are in the same page as me?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

18 answers to this question

A (Second) dream situation would be were there would be load of players wanting to help others in this case, sadly, that is not how this happens. 

Most people only do things for their own gain, and not to help others.

Unlike them, I'd help you, but like FlyBoy said, I can't play during the week either... :(

Are you sure your player match making is set to public?

rvkRq2w.jpg

Make sure it is, then see if you can be matched up with a squad. Most planets have a bunch of people playing on them at any given point, especially if there's an alert or it's good for farming. You could also try the recruiting channel as well, down in the chat tabs, if you'd like. Most of the people in recruiting would rather go on a high level void mission but there's a few players in there that devote their time to helping new 'frames out.

58 minutes ago, Drzzter said:

Are you sure your player match making is set to public?

Unfortunately most people only play missions that are good for farming or Draco in the case of leveling. At least in PC I've noticed that unless it's an excavation, survival, or defense missions. most places actually don't have anyone playing.

I'm having a similar experience. Need to do an interception, set it to public... and wait for team "does not exist". Or worse, you get trolled by some yahoo who bails on you so you have no chance of actually succeeding and have to start over. The clan I joined is busy running sorties or some T4 void mission at top speed. Every once in a while I'll get to join them for a defense, where my penchant for low speed and questionable weapons doesn't matter as much. I got lucky and got a guild member from a different game to carry me through two of the Interception missions and the first Alad V fight.

I have come to believe that this is the culture of this game: If you can't solo everything up until the top tier farming point you need to "git gud and run faster!" While I think this attitude is garbage to put it nicely, it seems to be the dominant line of thought. All that said, I'm starting to attempt some of the mid level content where having even one buddy is the difference between it being easy and I'm likely to die at least once from being overwhelmed and lack anything to knock the pressure being applied back.

IMO, The failure is threefold:

- Events do not scale based on the number of players and/or their level of power. This leads to the treadmill of grind for stuff to get slightly better stuff so I can grind for slightly better stuff than that, and so on.

- Culturally, anything that does not offer the maximum level reward is not of value for players who have "been there and done that". By extension there is no real motivation to play the lower level content short of alerts that provide useful things. Do not even get me started on the "My time is valuable..." argument. New players have to be stubborn enough to not throw their hands up in disgust with certain content or belly up to the cash shop because the community support isn't really there.

- The tools in the game are not adequately in place to allow solo players to experience portions of the low level content. In some cases, access to a warframe capable of slowing or disrupting enemy movement around an area (Frost / Vaughbahn(or however it is spelled)) would probably make it doable at lower levels. Frost is buried on Ceres and Honey Vaughbooboo is a borderline ghost. Even then, you are going to need help doing some of the missions to get there. Point #2 aggravates the issue.

Lastly, no you are not alone with what you are experiencing. If you want, send me a note and add me if you want to kill things to get stuff, just don't expect me to go very fast. :)

I know exactly what you feel, I had many of the same experiences. Found a nice clan and made friends win some members, many were happy to help me unlock levels and planets, you just need to find a nice guy with a high rank ( having an MR 20 do runs with you is a breeze)

Be patient and make friends. I would help you but I am not so good yet.

Sorry to hear you're having bad luck finding people to clear the planets with you.  You need to find a new clan if your clan mates won't even bother to help you fellow clan mates.  You should try recruiting chat to see if there are people who need to clear the planets and you can also post at the Find a Squad! subforum asking for help/squad.  When I started, I had pretty good luck getting a team using both methods and some of the squad mates became friends.  You can also get a few real life friends to play this game and do the contents together, haha, which might be the most fun way of doing things.  :)

Yes, unfortunately, most people only want to do Draco or Void, but I'm sure there will be other newer players who need to clear the planets as well as older players who won't mind helping new guys out.  I don't know what region you're in or when you play, but feel free to add me to your friends list and seek me out if you need help.

i ran most of the planet mission solo, just getting through them.  the best time to find a squad is about 7pm -11pm EST.  you can find some of the missions populated or find people in recruiting that are willing to run planet missions with you.  

there are still some missions that I haven't unlocked that need a squad and I've never been able to find one.  

planets are lonely missions, except for the farming spots. the rewards are simply not motivating to players, unless you're farming XP, credits, or some resource. 

18 hours ago, jezym said:

This should be huge red flag for you and a reason to find a new clan. It is OK to not respond to all help requests, after all everyone has something to do for themselves. But responding ONLY in case there is something for me? Hell no. I'm only MR10, but I remember well countless time I was waiting for a group for interceptions while watching youtube on how to solo them.

My advice would be:

1. Leave this clan and find helpful one - there is really a lot of them, just keep looking.

2. Leave those missions for now - sooner or later you will be able to farm 4 rounds of interception solo.

3. Get Valkyr. Even if you don't enjoy her, she will help you solo almost any boss to unlock rest of planets.

22 hours ago, jezym said:

Hello everyone,

I'm going through the solar system (currently at Saturn) but in the majority of missions I do, it's just me and it isn't fun to do these missions by myself.  There are also missions which are really difficult when you're by yourself like interception and archwing missions and no one ever seems to join. 

Is there like a newbie recruitment area where I could play through the planets with people who are in the same page as me?

Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah, this "lull" in teaming roundabout the middle planets is probably the biggest problem with Warframe tbqh.  I hope the new Star Map sorts it out.  I should think it's probably one of the biggest causes of people who love teaming (I do, for example) leaving the game.  What got me over the hump was getting more into the modding and upping my power level a bit - i.e. just getting into the progression more.  I also love the art design so much and don't mind playing solo too much, it has its charms.  But if you're just someone who loves the kickass teaming you get when you start the game, and for the first few planets, it really does dry up at that point.

All I can say is persevere, build up your mods and mod collection, progress through the planets.  The upper end of the game is full of team play all the time, especially the Void. 

You can actually make a start on Void stuff at the level you're at - for example you could join in with Tower I Defences advertised in Recruitment (especially if you see "H T1D xp run" - H means "hosting" - you can join in with those, as it's usually more experienced players taking it easy getting a little boost for levelling a new frame, so to some extent you can be "carried" without too much fuss).  Any T1 or T2 should be doable for you, T2 more when you start putting more pips in your damage mods. 

The final planets also have more people teaming up to do nodes there for some reason.

You can put out calls in Recruitment for fellow newbies who are in the same boat, that might work, but really probably only at peak times.

Edited by Omnimorph