Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma vs Inaros?

SatelliteStrike

Question

So yeah, in the end after trying different frames I guess I love the tank frames the most. So now that I pretty much have a valkyr and rhino prime, want to know who to focus on next. Between the 2 other tanks, which is stronger? Which scales better? Who is more usefull? Who kills stuff better? etc. Oh and also although I do have good corrupted mods, I don't have arcanes. So wanna know who is easier to play also and in general just strong. Help please

7 answers to this question

Both scales nicely with higher end levels and can kill stuff with ease, but I like inaros better because his buff doesn't need  to be recasted while chroma needs to (2x), also he heals better compared to fire chroma's elemental ward heal. To add up to that is the crowd control, cause cc's always nice~

Chroma can deal more damage if you use fire (but that means lost armor), also effigy is also a great cc for defending stuff, while inaros is more of a room stunlocker 

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem
Typo

My vote is with Inaros. Sure, Chroma can get much more damage reduction via vex armor and maybe elemental ward, but Inaros for the moment just has better overall options

Chroma:

+Can generate higher amounts of armor than Inaros

-needs to recast armor

-can be costly if going for full power strength to maximize vex armor and elemental ward

-effigy has hp and will interrupt chroma when cancelled unless chroma is sliding

Inaros:

+Crowd control rooms

+opens enemies up to finishers

+life steal passive when dealing finishers means you don't have to consider life strike in your melee weapon builds

+life steal passive lets you regain health without having to switch to melee

+scarabs can life steal health and share with Inaros and teammates

-lower armor than vex armor chroma

I absolutely love both of them. Chroma can easily tank more then Inaros, mind you that is considering that Inaros can easily tank level 80s with Arcane Graces. I find Inaros to be more "involved" with his powers and enemies which to me makes him fun while chroma is more just managing his abilities to keep his armor buff going.

Edited by S0V3REiGN