Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Karyst or Dark Dagger?

Gravitas2

Question

8 answers to this question

if you want to use them because of the Covert Lethality and the instant kill feature, use dark dagger, at least, you can regenerate some energy and gain some movement speed with syndicate mod

but if not, Karyst

Edited by Zeyez

51 minutes ago, Tahem said:

Ceramic Dagger cuz faster 0n3$l-l0T3$

As far as I'm aware, attack speed does not affect finisher animations. Otherwise my War Cry Valkyr wouldn't be slowed down to snail when I'm caught on a sleeping (I usually gang up with Ivara's) enemy or any that was staggered.

I'm not confirming this 100% either but from what it seemed recently Natural Talent does seem to speed up the finisher animation, and I repeat, this needs more confirmation.

1 hour ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

Dark Dagger and the Power of 3 
Radiation Corrosive Blast

This. While the stance polarity is an issue, having an augmented weapon is usually a big plus. While it's not great for stealth (syndicate AOE ruins it), it is a weapon that works great with Inaros when fighting Grineer for example.

50 minutes ago, Manyc said:

As far as I'm aware, attack speed does not affect finisher animations.

It does. Only counting base modded attack speed weapon stat tho. You can test it in simulacrum with sheev w/ spoiled strike and ceramic dagger besrerker&maiming strike& fury&quickening. Further testing shown that berserker doesnt affect finisher speed. Only fury and quickening do

Edited by Tahem
cuz reasons

I have both with several formas. Imo dark dagger wins because of good damage type, speed and syndicate proc.

However karyst is not far behind. Difference in speed is not as drastic as one may think, it hits harder and crits better. If you need pure combat knife, karyst is valid choice.