Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How would forge work for warframe?

Do you think warframe could benefit from a forge like map tool creator? What i mean by this is simple. DE releases some kind of map generator tool to the steam shop and like tennogen, the community can create their own tile sets and stuff. DE could still create their own, but this would cause a major increase in possible tilesets, which would increase playabiloty, community cooperation, and with all the community ideas, warframe could actually have completely exclusive tilesets for each planet.

would this work?

it's something that's been mentioned before as possibly part of the UGC plan for the future, as Devoid brought up - but we haven't heard much of anything about it since then.

23 minutes ago, (PS4)PillarOfWar said:

The new Doom game has the ability to make your own maps (from what I understand). So I think it could be done on WF.

i don't see how the two are even remotely relevant to each other. or why the Doom reboot proves that Level Design is possible.

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

i don't see how the two are even remotely relevant to each other. or why the Doom reboot proves that Level Design is possible.

Because you click tiles together the way you want to piece together a map and then play it. It's a gimmick that doom in gonna have and warframe could if people want that. I was just using doom to show its happening in other games.  This would be cool for dark sectors maybe. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Do you think warframe could benefit from a forge like map tool creator? What i mean by this is simple. DE releases some kind of map generator tool to the steam shop and like tennogen, the community can create their own tile sets and stuff. DE could still create their own, but this would cause a major increase in possible tilesets, which would increase playabiloty, community cooperation, and with all the community ideas, warframe could actually have completely exclusive tilesets for each planet.

would this work?

Get ready for templerunframe...dis gon be gud.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)MK Ultra K11 said:

What would make players play other forge maps? It's fun.

Well I guess if you have every single tool & not just the power to change tilesets. I mean the power to environment hazards. You can place a certain object here & there. Power to have literally every single object in game. Talking about it now, sounds like a big pain to make honestly. 

Just now, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Well I guess if you have every single tool & not just the power to change tilesets. I mean the power to environment hazards. You can place a certain object here & there. Power to have literally every single object in game. Talking about it now, sounds like a big pain to make honestly. 

Yeah it does but imagine the possibilities. *gives you a second to imagine said possibilities*

Edit: also, i think its important to mention that i was thinking that while people could make different tile sets, DE would approve the ones they liked, and add them to the game. This may not be possible, sincd staff is limited, but then again, if they get the communities help making map tiles, they wont mee as many people working on maps, and therefore can get those people working on more stuff

a content creator of some kind is always a great addition to a game, but very costly and complicated to install. I would love to be able to create our own missions, maybe mixing modes like Exterminate and Sabotage with Mobile Defense and Spy, or something. I imagine many stealth lovers will want to create new and challenging spy Vaults, sort of like what DE did with Pavlov.

I'm a great lover of Defense, and I would love an all-out warfare map with Ramparts, tons of spawn points and more enemies. something that gives that "few vs. many" feel.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

a content creator of some kind is always a great addition to a game, but very costly and complicated to install. I would love to be able to create our own missions, maybe mixing modes like Exterminate and Sabotage with Mobile Defense and Spy, or something. I imagine many stealth lovers will want to create new and challenging spy Vaults, sort of like what DE did with Pavlov.

I'm a great lover of Defense, and I would love an all-out warfare map with Ramparts, tons of spawn points and more enemies. something that gives that "few vs. many" feel.

It would take time, but if DE was able to implement that, it would double, hell, maybe even triple the lifespan and replayability of warframe. 

dang nammit, i just had this idea too....... was thinkning about posting about it..... didn't have the nerve so i'll just latch on here. 

i would love to have an ingame tool to create maps and or tile sets using warframes pre built assets i feel it would allow so many people to find even more to do in warframe, of course there would be a voting process on which tiles or full maps are actually implemented.

though an issue with the way warframe makes its maps especially for exterminates and captures... so on and so on. either we would have to be limited to as said before making quest or full playable missions without the level generation taking effect, or we would only be allowed to make single tilesets which of course like forge as well would be limited to size and amount items that could be placed within the scene/ tile.... the only other options is if we were limited to make interception maps and defense maps, as these aren't randomly generated each mission, which has a plus and minus to it all on its own.

either way still would love that idea, whether be questing or level design both i am interested in.