Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About the Tonkor's MR Requirement

Tennonat

They already plan to revamp all the MR locks on the weapons. 
They mentioned it in a devstream way long ago. 

They brought up how Boltor Prime is MR2, and should be a lot higher now. 
as BP came out MR9 was the cap I believe so it made a bit of sense. 

But they're gonna raise some requirements to meet todays MR cap 

Aren't the resource-gathering roadblocks enough? I think Mastery should be Rank among the Tenno indtead and give bonuses and MR only rewards. 

I much rather have weapon-progression where you need to Max a certain weapon to unlock a new one above it.

Say I use and master Penta. Then I can get the Tonkor, like a tree for weapons.

This would encourage using weapons of a certain family, like bows, if that's ny thing.

2 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Aren't the resource-gathering roadblocks enough? I think Mastery should be Rank among the Tenno indtead and give bonuses and MR only rewards. 

I much rather have weapon-progression where you need to Max a certain weapon to unlock a new one above it.

This would encourage using weapons of a certain family, like bows, if that's ny thing.

its already like that in a way, instead it doesn't restrict the weapons you can use. Just master enough items and you can progress to the ones locked behind a rank

You guys talk about the Tonkor as if it is a great weapon, Trust me, there are a lot better, i own every weapon in the game, around 298 weapons exactly (including slots), and the tonkor is that great. For instance i would prefer the staticor over it, kulstar and many more.

As for the MR, trust me, it is so easy to reach to MR21 right now, u can reach MR21 from MR11 in 50 days only

Regards

3 minutes ago, (PS4)official_79 said:

its already like that in a way, instead it doesn't restrict the weapons you can use. Just master enough items and you can progress to the ones locked behind a rank

Let's be honest here. How many weapons in the game are just Masteryfodder and considered useless by everyone? Pretty many.

How many weapons are actually used by the majority?  Very few.

Is it not better to make weapons serve a purpose other than MR-points? 

Edited by arch111
phone spelling crap

I'm MR 21,

My Tonkor is 3% used. It's not that great. AoE weapons have been the subject of many enemy tweaks and additions. Outside of Grineer they have serious weaknesses.

But if people think Tonkor should have a higher MR rating. Then 140k DPS 40m Wave Excalibur should also have a higher MR rating.. oh wait... it's a starter frame.

My 175k DPS Melee Saryn? What MR should that be? Or my Chroma that red crits for 1.1million?

MR ratings are pretty irrelevant and they always have been.

8 minutes ago, arch111 said:

Well, or for example, Tonkor would require a Penta to be crafted. But that doesn't make any sense. Unless the Grineer made the Tonkor after getting the Penta from the Corpus.

And make it so you need to master a weapon before using it to craft an "upgrade". Not necessarily having it at rank 30, but allowing to select even an unranked weapon if and only if you mastered it in your profile.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

Let's be honest here. How many weapons in the game are just Masteryfodder and cobsidered useless by everyone? Pretty many.

How many weapons are actually used by the majority?  Very few.

Is it bot better to make weapons serve a purpose other than MR-points? 

you'd still just be mastering them to progress to a much better weapon. only difference is that it would restrict you in what weapons you need to master to obtain it

The problem for me isn't MR limitation, but the simple fact that it is way better than anything x)

I love the Penta Secura, but I have to play it with Wukong if I want some safe gameplay. But the Tonkor is still better, and it's not normal imo

(The idea of a weapon tree is not that bad, but for me all weapons should be interesting in a way. I don't like having 50 bows but only one for the engame, what a waste :/ )

Edited by Xgomme

Just now, Xgomme said:

The problem for me isn't MR limitation, but the simple fact that it is way better than anything x)

I love the Penta Secura, but I have to play it with Wukong if I want some safe gameplay. But the Tonkor is still better, and it's not normal imo

They really need to remove the self damage aspect of explosives, its the primary reason I used tonkor as much as I did.

who knows I might've used secura penta at this point if it didnt kill me every 3 seconds

Let's launch a poll, How many players use or like the tenkor?

I bet a very few so why the hell on earth do u wanna put limitations on it?

I am MR21 and i never used that weapon (oh yes i used it once on Draco to gain XP, that's it). There are by far better weapons, primary and secondary. You just have to mod it in a good way

Just now, (PS4)official_79 said:

They really need to remove the self damage aspect of explosives, its the primary reason I used tonkor as much as I did.

who knows I might've used secura penta at this point if it didnt kill me every 3 seconds

Yeah or the Tonkor should be less powerfull, since you can't kill yourself.

I kinda love the fact that Wukong can use them safely, but it bother me that the tonkor is still better... So Wukong + Tonkor is better than Wukong + Penta, and it sucks imo

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Yeah, let all the newbies stick with mk-1 weapons till MR 12 and then refuse to play with them as they are too weak. Pride of veterans 10/10

If you upgrade to Tonkor from a mk1 weapon, I think you did something wrong xD

The tonkor is MR8, you have a loooot of weapons before. But yeah I'm with you for some reason, cause for me MR is not the problem with Tonkor

1 minute ago, Marvelous_A said:

Yeah, let all the newbies stick with mk-1 weapons till MR 12 and then refuse to play with them as they are too weak. Pride of veterans 10/10

you must be joking xD

I believe if two players put the same amount of effort to get an item, they should be able to use it, regardless of MR.

Just now, Xgomme said:

If you upgrade to Tonkor from a mk1 weapon, I think you did something wrong xD

The tonkor is MR8, you have a loooot of weapons before. But yeah I'm with you for some reason, cause for me MR is not the problem with Tonkor

I thought it was MR5.

I have to partly agree with the above. MR does not equal skill, it merely states how much more garbage than me you've used, that's all. You can experience Raids and Sorties at almost any MR, and start maxing mods right away. Truth. But a higher MR person is likely to have experienced more, not always though. For all I know you could have spent most of your time doing nothing but leveling your MR and not actually playing the game itself.

Edited by DuskLegendary

1 hour ago, Tennonat said:

It's a powerful weapon that i think should be used by high ranked players.

tonkor is a fun weapon that many players enjoy.

the more players enjoying tonkor, the better.

if you're not getting shot by it in a PvE game, what business is it of yours?

1 hour ago, Tennonat said:

MR does equal skill, for most players at least.

They would be getting experience from the time of ranking up weapons

Well that are true, sometime some player is pay4win (just using x2 affinity) and rank up their weapons, and get to MR 15 above,

But Mostly all the MR 21 is already MR = Skill. ( Just like me :D

Well another thing is, if a low MR player can help kill in mission, that was very well for me.

No waste time and fast complete the mission like a "pro".

Edited by QuantaOO