Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee

(XBOX)jkperk08

Question

I just go banshee from the dojo and have leveled her to 16 so far. I decided to look up a build for her and te build was talking about 1495% damage bonus from sonar with the right mods. Is that still viable? 

Also side question are you able to trade primed mods? If not how do I get them.

Thank you

18 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, (XB1)jkperk08 said:

I just go banshee from the dojo and have leveled her to 16 so far. I decided to look up a build for her and te build was talking about 1495% damage bonus from sonar with the right mods. Is that still viable? 

Also side question are you able to trade primed mods? If not how do I get them.

Thank you

Sure. You need to install Blind Rage, Intensify, Transient Fortitude and Power Drift. Be careful, this build is going to be very difficult to balance and very expensive in terms of Forma. I personally don't think Banshee needs this much power strength.

You can trade for Primed Mods, although they are expensive. Otherwise you can get them from Baro Ki'Teer for ducats (but Baro never brings all of his collection of mods in one week, so acquiring them from him will take you lots of time).

Hope this helps.

Also, keep this in mind: Banshee can achieve ridiculous damage buffs, but mostly it's overkill. I wouldn't get too carried away with power strength just because of Sonar. It's mostly unnecessary.

Sure, it's nice to see 7-figure hits, but when the enemies only have a few thousand hit points, well...something to keep in mind when you're settling on build strategies. It might be necessary for going full retard on endless runs or to overcome physical damage resists, but for most everyday gameplay you can go easier on the power strength, especially if it's costing you flexibility or survivability.

To add to what others have said, it's not worth having that high of a damage multiplier if you aren't alive to use it. x7 is about where I stick so I have room for other mods to stay alive. Plus Resonance makes it easy to stack Sonar spots so you end up with x15 anyways after a short time, especially with multiple casts.

Just a personal recommendation, possibly for your later game:

Keep it balanced, go max efficiency and get yourself the sonic boom augument plus naramons shadow step. Banshee is amongst, if not THE strongest offensive melee frame in the game. Her sonar is still viable with around 750% buff (what you'd acchieve with max transient by itself), while she absolutely shines with the augument. She is the only frame that has the possibility to completely stripp a group off theyr armor, not singletargets like ash would, groups, anything in midrange, that is if you decide to close in on thy enemys. Naramons shadow step, paired with silence for the innicial stun (best played on stock range-bonus range with stretch, use the sonar augument to substain for the range) makes this quite possible. You'd gain 

*amazing CC (silence followed by sonic boom on a regular base, soundquake occasionally)

*amazing defense (CC plus perma invsibility)

*amazing offense (melee on zero armor is quite strong, stronger with a 750% buff. Even stronger if you devide to go for a mixed weapon, the nikana p or reaper prime for example. Massive amplified red crits plus slash status which bypasses shields(and armor...not that you'd have to deal with armor...) and scales from the crit AND sonar multiplier)

*And possibly the best buffs/dbuffs in the game like that.

1400% of like a few 100 damage on highly scaled enemys sure is something but believe me, a frame who, by herself, deletes scaling from the enemys and still buffs the damage is even better.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

You don't need max strength on her, it's overkill and kills her efficiency. I run just Transient and Intensify and that's plenty. Also I only run streamline because I've got high duration as well and the extra negative from Fleeting hurts.  Normally I'm an advocate of max efficiency but in her case she doesn't really need it.  I almost never run out of energy. Finally don't go crazy on range either, resonance takes care of that.  Stretch is enough. If you go more than that you make Silence not nearly as useful. Having a smaller range for silence is better so that enemies don't go through the stunning period before you can get to them for a kill. 

11 hours ago, (XB1)jkperk08 said:

Thank you all for your input. The 1500% seemed a bit drastic to me also. I'm still learning how to play her. She seems more complicated the more I read on her. 

She has a great toolkit and several quite distinct ways to play her.  I hope they don't rework her too much. 

She's probably least "popular" because she's super-squishy and doesn't really "sing" until you've put a few forma into her, but for many of the more experienced players I know, she's one of their favourite frames, like a fine wine :)  High risk, high reward, you have to be at the top of your game to play her well, but it's well worth the effort to learn to play her well.

here's a nice all purpose build that I've settled into.

Corrosive projection ( armor) / steel charge (can be used for savage silence build)

vitality /// rage /// maxed fleeting expertise /// (primed) continuity

intensify /// transient fortitude /// resonance /// savage silence

stats end up being:

+ - 95 duration

160 efficiency ( arcane helm will up to 170)

100 range 

+ - 175 powerstr

duration base amounts are already pretty solid. With high efficiency paired with rage, energy isn't  a problem. 

range is kept at 100 ( base value) to take advantage of silence stun on enemies that are close enough to be immediate threats.  If you go up to 145 range ( max stretch) , it can be a problem when enemies are stunned too far away, being wasted.   keeping the range at base also allows for manageable silence stun zone that you can reapply by re-entering enemies into the zone through repositioning your warframe (movement) or enemies ( sonicboom)

power str is luxury.  scales your damage through sonar hits and savage silence melee attacks.  as a new player, having high power str is not necessary at all.

important note:

On your melee, you will want lifestrike if you are running rage.  this will allow for constant HP and energy.  A very important note for when you deliberately take hits for energy is that you can hold block to get a % damage reduction while slowing the damage you take.  This allows you to take hits at high levels without getting 1 shot.  

look up melee block % damage reduction, as different weapon types give higher or lower % reduction.

Ok so do I want duration on silence? Or do I want it to be short duration but high efficiency so I can cast multiple. I still don't have a lot of the mods that are suggested. I'm enjoying banshee a  lot more than I expected. And honestly I barely cast sonar  :( there's usually too many enemies to make the marked shots.

37 minutes ago, (XB1)jkperk08 said:

Ok so do I want duration on silence? Or do I want it to be short duration but high efficiency so I can cast multiple. I still don't have a lot of the mods that are suggested. I'm enjoying banshee a  lot more than I expected. And honestly I barely cast sonar  :( there's usually too many enemies to make the marked shots.

If you're building for Savage Silence, short duration, so you can spam to open for finishers.  Otherwise, short duration (at least for me) is too much of a negative for the rest of her kit.

On 4/18/2016 at 5:45 PM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

-snip-

Nice post.  I'm about ready to forma mine, and you inspired one loadout for me to build around.  The mismatched slots are from setting her up for a max strength build too.  Thanks! :)

7 hours ago, (XB1)jkperk08 said:

if you're running low duration, rage lifestrike is almost mandatory.  also, to get low duration you'll need transient fortitude and fleeting expertise.

i would not recommend low duration for a newer player

if you are not running low duration, try to keep range at 100%ish.  If you run 145% + range, silence will be stunning enemies, most likely, too far to effectively increase your survivability. 

you can stun multiple times with silence because the stun is applied whenever an enemy enters the zone.  

13 hours ago, (XB1)jkperk08 said:

One of the fun things about Banshee is that using Sonar trains you to be a pretty good shot and change aim very fast (especially when you're trying to hit those damned ankles lol).  IOW, with many of the other frames, being top damage/kills is more about good builds, but with Banshee, being top damage/kills is more about player skill.  Again, that's why more experienced players tend to like her.