Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Name this tenno please...

Miserymachine

Question

I'm new to the game. Yesterday right before I went to bed I decided to run a few rounds of defense. I was joined by a random who was obviously much more advanced. I need help figuring out what tenno he was using. I think it might have been Nekros but honestly I'm not sure.

Here's what I saw. It was a reasonably skinny warframe, fast, with a ton of energy because as soon as the wave would start he'd cast an ability that would make several white "shadows" pop up and fight for him. Each of these "shadows" had a smoky tether back to him...but he also seemed to have a second type of pet that looked like an orange/yellow soldier.

I've been looking through all the warframes and the only one that vaguely looks like it might have the same powers is Nekros. Does that sound like what I described? Is there a special build? I ask because this guy was insane. Any help is greatly appreciated.

11 answers to this question

Nekros, he can summon shadows to fight for him as his ultimate. 

The orange/yellow soldier was a specter. You can get these from syndicates, killing syndicate death squads when they come for you or teammates, or build them by getting blueprints from rescue missions. 

Edited by (PS4)Bowjangelz

You mean warframe right ?

The tenno is the guy itself ^.^ ( or girl )

And yeah it was a nekro with cosmetic probably.

He might have a Kubrow wich was probably orange ( or a sentinel ^.^ )  or As said by Bowjangelz probably a specter wich is a thing you can craft. 

Edited by trunks013

Most of your questions have been answered already. I only would like to point out that he likely had the shield of shadows augment equipped. Nekros doesnt tether to his shadows otherwise. Also, just be aware that against low level enemies you are fighting right now, even the weakest frames/weapons will shred them with moderately ranked mods equipped. Nekros isnt exactly known for his damage output.

Just want to add that Nekros is not really that great for higher levels mate, he's mostly used for increasing resource drops with his desecrate ability while farming a mission. He's a great frame to uae for this but don't make a bee-line for him if you're trying to get your first uber frame. Since you're low level, aim for an Ember or Rhino for early progression which are easily farmable from fairly low level planet bosses.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Bosnia_Akhalar said:

hard to farm rhino / ember. Volt is really strong. allways can do 50% damage deal on Draco.

What rank are you that you have a hard time to farm Rhino and Ember?

For the subject:
I don't have much to add that been already said, but I can add a little more about the specters:

Specters can be summoned in a mission to help you. You can get some from the syndicates, defeting a syndicate death squad, rescue missions and doing the Man of Few Words questline.
The specters you get from the syndicates and their death squads are basicly eximus "enemies" that fight for you. They are basic and do their job.
The specters you get from the rescue missions are in 4 different levels. You get the high tear specters if you do the rescue missions without turning on the alarms and killing all the wardens. These specters, when crafted, are copies of a warframe you have. It takes the loadout you have and fight with it. Unlike the syndicate specters, this one can use the warframe's abilities and revive fallen allies.
The specter you get from the Man of Few Words questline is the same as the syndicate, just "special". His name is Clem and he's a hell of a fighter.

The specter you might have seen, you said "orange/yellow solider", is probably a corrupted lancer specter, it's The Harbitars of Axis specter.

If you have anymore questions, quote me and I'll answer.

Edited by CommanderSpawn
typo

7 hours ago, Zilchy said:

Just want to add that Nekros is not really that great for higher levels mate, he's mostly used for increasing resource drops with his desecrate ability while farming a mission. He's a great frame to uae for this but don't make a bee-line for him if you're trying to get your first uber frame. Since you're low level, aim for an Ember or Rhino for early progression which are easily farmable from fairly low level planet bosses.

hard to farm rhino / ember. Volt is really strong. allways can do 50% damage deal on Draco.