Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Cross Platform?

(PSN)VerdantNexus

Question

I have noticed for us console players that DE has been rolling out updates surprisingly fast (Not that it's a bad thing) But I was just wondering if they were working towards a cross platform function. If anyone has any info or news regarding this it will be greatly appreciated if you could post it here.

4 answers to this question

There has been zero info about this, cross platform was a thing DE wanted to happen back then, but sadly was canceled. As long as certification process is active and the builds are different for all platforms. Crossplatform will never be a thing.

Edited by KJRenz

All console updates need to go through a certification process with their respective owners (Sony and Microsoft) to ensure that their are no catastrophic bugs that pop up and such, and to preserve the image of the owners (maybe). This process takes time and slows things way down. On PC it is different. I don't know if Steam has a cert process, but if it does then it is way less stringent than consoles. This difference in time plus the constant development of new content and updates prevents any chances of cross-play.