Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus, first activation (and naramon perks)

ThorienKELL

Question

OK, I'm using naramon mostly now (I have madurai decently leveled as well).

In naramon school I have all passives maxed and -nothing- else. Not even the basic skill, mind spike. I have noticed that some people can activate their focus sooner then me in mission and in some cases, much sooner.

How can this be? What are the parameters that affect how soon focus can be activated (and maybe cooldown time shortened, thought I'm interested only in first activation /passives)

Will "mind spike mastery" affect this? Or I must have less passives(skills) toggled maybe? 

One more thing, after you maxed all passives, what other naramon perks are useful to invest, if any?

Remember, I don't want to delay first activation of focus in no circumstances. 

For easier navigation, naramon skilltree map from wiki

Edited by ThorienKELL

12 answers to this question

Less passives toggled leads to lower CD.

Grab the mastery, lowers CD as well.

Get shadow step, that's probably the only important one IMO. Get deadly intent for higher red crit chance, if you want.

Mastery is always useful, to reduce CD. Strategic execution is filler and is required.

Edited by p3z1

1 minute ago, ThorienKELL said:

Will "mind spike mastery" affect this? Or I must have less passives toggled maybe? 

Yes to both.
Cooldown isn't just the time between activations,
it's also the time until first activation from the start of the mission.

Maxing Mind Spike Mastery + Strategic Execution + Shadow Step (+ maybe Deadly Intent) = you're done with Naramon forever : |

Focus Mastery of course helps reducing the cooldown. Also, each active passives sans Mastery increases your CD by 45 seconds. Deactivate passives you don't need and you'll be fine. Optimal number of active passives is 1-3 plus focus mastery. Passive skill's level does not not affect cooldown at all.

Edited by d3me

There are two exclusive Naramon builds, the normal permainvi melee crit build and the other is traumatic redirection.

Someone else might not use as many passives so they don't have as long cooldown.

Edited by Naftal

2 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Maxing Mind Spike Mastery + Strategic Execution + Shadow Step (+ maybe Deadly Intent) = you're done with Naramon forever : |

Or until rework we are getting soon. Didn't you see those weapons?? O.O

2 minutes ago, MillbrookWest said:

Level Mind Spike Mastery - 60 second reduced cooldown time at max rank... at least according to the wiki. I started the second rank but it's like 125K - not getting that anytime soon.

But there is nothing more to invest in, after passives (for now) anyway. 

2 minutes ago, ThorienKELL said:

Or until rework we are getting soon. Didn't you see those weapons?? O.O

But there is nothing more to invest in, after passives (for now) anyway. 

Each "Mind Spike Mastery level" will reduce the cooldown by 15, 30, 45, 60 seconds.

After that is maxed, all you can do is remove some of the active powers.

So, in short, I need to increase mind spike mastery, no problem. 

Now, speaking of deactivating stuff:

Strategic execution (affinity bonus) can be turned off unless I'm leveling stuff on draco, and using melee. 

Deadly intent is not bad 30% multiplicative bonus, but if you're going full melee and have BR/BC combo could be - unnecessary. In normal quick melee circumstance I would keep this thou.

OK, now we're getting somewhere :)