Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

lan party

reblas

Question

Hello Tenno,

since some time i was planning on making a small lan party on my house and now i'm a bit worried, because i saw some people getting bans for trading with accounts which are on the same router. The question is if we are going to get banned with that, everybody created his accounts on his hous if someone asks.

Thanks

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, reblas said:

Hello Tenno,

since some time i was planning on making a small lan party on my house and now i'm a bit worried, because i saw some people getting bans for trading with accounts which are on the same router. The question is if we are going to get banned with that, everybody created his accounts on his hous if someone asks.

Thanks

You can trade with your fellow tenno.

There is a reason why you can select following ports from in-game and DE courages you to play with your friends:

4950&4955, 4960&4965, 4970&4975, 4980&4985, 4990&4995.

From same network you can play with 5 people (raids). And by this I mean real individual people. DE allows this. You can interact whit them, you can trade with them, you can have fun with them and enjoy the game. What is not allowed is that you interact with yourself via alias account.

I had a lot of lan parties with my friends. But I follow EULA - I don't have 2 accounts and I don't trade with myself.

If you encounter a problem regarding this, contact support with proof that you were playing with your friends, not by yourself. If you follow rules and EULA, you have no problem.

Edited by carnaga

I don't have an issue with this.  My Fiance and I play WF literally right beside each other (well I play it more than him now) and at the start we were trading stuff all the time to help get me up and going.  I was the first one to receive the 75% off coupon and bought plat for the both of us and traded his half.  We haven't traded a lot since I started but we do so still every once in a while.

I assume that as long as you are not doing it all the time or trying to cheat the system somehow then it should be fine.  One piece of advice that I did pick up and now employ is taking screenshots of all my trades (make sure the hide UI when taking screenshots is clicked off...as it doesn't take a picture of the trade XD ) just so you have proof of purchase.

EDIT: At first I totally ready that as an ian party lol.

Edited by AnonNyx

I also thought OP was having an ian party. I immediately thought of the 'sleeping ian' subreddit.

My brother and I play on the same internet connection with the same router, and we trade occasionally. We've never been banned.

But this idea that the computers "have different IP addresses" is complete baloney. The IP addresses your computers have are private addresses that aren't used on the public network. DE never sees your computer's address. What they see is the address assigned to you by your ISP, and all computers hooked to the same router will use that IP address. If you think yours is somehow special, go and look at it in your internet settings, or go to the command line and type "ipconfig /all" without the quotes. Towards the top you should see a line for ipv4 address. Does it start with 192.168? If so, it's a private address that's not allowed on the public network.

I dont know but truth always served me well. 

Technicly the ip will be the same because you will all be on the same network. 

Must admit its hard to say. Lan party cannot be seen as an exploit right ?

Soo a selfie with your friend at your lan party as a proof ?

Honestly i dont know.

Might be a good idea to ask to DE directly.

Edited by trunks013

25 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

I dont know but truth always served me well. 

Technicly the ip will be the same because you will all be on the same network. 

Must admit its hard to say. Lan party cannot be seen as an exploit right ?

Soo a selfie with your friend at your lan party as a proof ?

Honestly i dont know.

Might be a good idea to ask to DE directly.

i'll try to do the selfie when he comes

46 minutes ago, reblas said:

uhh, what do you mean with different ips? everyone is going to bring his own computer to my house, we will share the same internet and we normally trade.

As long as the computers themselves have different IP adresses you should be fine if they're bringing their own you might just want to check to make sure your router doesn't assign their computers the exact same IP (I've had this happen before and it usually causes problems if you're porting if you don't know how to check it type "cmd" in your search bar then run the cmd.exe that should appear after that type in "ipconfig" and it should be your IPv4 adress) as long as they're not the same you shouldn't have any trouble I've had friends bring their laptops over to play before and have never experienced any problems.

Edit: When I say don't trade I mean don't do it while you're all still on your router as that might flag you just wait till you get home for that so you don't run that risk, bans like that are automatically made by a bot and telling DE beforehand won't make you an acception if anything it might just make the process of unbanning you faster but if you do get banned for something like that then you'll need to make an appeal to support and that might take a while so waiting a few hours is probably better than risking a few days.

Edited by -Amaterasu-
Clarity

Don't worry about it.  My husband and I play on the same router/modem together all the time.  Sometimes we even use other person's computer to play.  Our relatives also bring their laptop here to play Warframe fairly regularly with no problem from DE.