Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream isn't canon

SuikiAmon

Just now, (XB1)AyersyBears said:

Wow this was a pretty funny thread to read. As much as I hate the direction the story has taken, The Second Dream is canon. It is literally the definition of canon. 

You're disregarding what the developers themselves have done because of one single codex entry? That's like saying the Earth is flat because it looks flat from where you're standing.

False equivalence. It's not canon because it didn't happen, for one, and the actions and story in it are pulled from nowhere.

Just now, (XB1)AyersyBears said:

Wow this was a pretty funny thread to read. As much as I hate the direction the story has taken, The Second Dream is canon. It is literally the definition of canon. 

You're disregarding what the developers themselves have done because of one single codex entry? That's like saying the Earth is flat because it looks flat from where you're standing.

its ironic because "flat earth truthuers" are resurfacing all around the web.

I wonder if this is the end of the human race. When the internet trully made our brains incapable of racional thinking.

3 minutes ago, (XB1)AyersyBears said:

Same here, bro, same here.
'Tis just that not everyone can deal with it

Just now, SuikiAmon said:

False equivalence. It's not canon because it didn't happen, for one, and the actions and story in it are pulled from nowhere.

We have several recordings and a codex entry that say otherwise.

Just now, tnccs215 said:

its ironic because "flat earth truthuers" are resurfacing all around the web.

I wonder if this is the end of the human race. When the internet trully made our brains incapable of racional thinking.

Its because we no longer have natural selection due to our technology and ability to shelter those who would perish. 
Our downfall is from our greatest advancements. 

4 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

Its because we no longer have natural selection due to our technology and ability to shelter those who would perish. 

Sounds pretty much like the thing that had happened to Orokin

2 minutes ago, Vesiga said:

pretty sure someone like the OP would thrive in the jungle. But not in society. Definetly not in society

@SuikiAmon saying that the second dream quest isnt canon for warframe is like saying that the hobbit (the book) isnt canon for the middle earth universe. it is per definition wrong so please stop saying that.

You can hate on the quest as much as you want but please dont use words you dont understand correctly.

Just now, CrudShuzKong said:

@SuikiAmon saying that the second dream quest isnt canon for warframe is like saying that the hobbit (the book) isnt canon for the middle earth universe. it is per definition wrong so please stop saying that.

You can hate on the quest as much as you want but please dont use words you dont understand correctly.

I am using words I understand correctly. The Second Dream isn't canon because it didn't happen.

What is so hard to understand about that?

I am using words I understand correctly. The Second Dream isn't canon because it didn't happen.

Just about as hard as it is for you to understand it is canon

if it never happend, how did you get borken war, or how did it got broken? ... we need more denial in this..

1 minute ago, SuikiAmon said:

Simple. It's a non-existent weapon you get to keep as a trophy, from a non-canon quest.

so.. enemies die from a non-existing weapon and lose arms from non-existing weapons... even denial bursas can be slain with this non-existing weapon.... that some real hard evidience

2 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

It doesn't exist in-universe. Same as the Proto skins, or the Nemesis skin.

Excalibur Proto: Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating Orokin Empire.

Nyx Nemesis: A striking armor design of unknown origin. Extensive scans of the Orokin record reveal nothing.

While their origins are elusive, both definitely exist. Barring the Holiday skins, everything in the game is canon to an extent. Including the Second Dream.

1 minute ago, arch111 said:

We are the Tenno. The symbiotic persona created by Transferrence. 

While our Operator dream, we live.

Dream not of who you are, but of what you wish to be. They dream of us. We are that dream.

The Tenno are the occupants of the Warframes. The Tenno are the Operators. You're referred to as the Operator by Ordis, in the singular, because only one can be out and about at a time per Liset.

I don't have to dream or wish for what I describe to be true. I simply know it.

What I want to know, is how the second dream fits in with the Valkyr cinematic storyline a long while ago. Is Zanuka a bunch of chopped up kids limbs welded together in a suit? Just the suit parts reassembled and controlled remotely? If there was no kid inside does that mean there may be an operator somewhere lost in transference?

3 minutes ago, Corvid said:

Excalibur Proto: Discovering the precise nature of this recently uncovered armored prototype has proved elusive. Initial attempts at dating point to ancient origins, perhaps even predating Orokin Empire.

Nyx Nemesis: A striking armor design of unknown origin. Extensive scans of the Orokin record reveal nothing.

While their origins are elusive, both definitely exist. Barring the Holiday skins, everything in the game is canon to an extent. Including the Second Dream.

Fluff dialogue to give a half-arsed reason for it to exist. Less effort was put towards this story, however.

1 minute ago, (PS4)EVILFLUFFMONSTER said:

What I want to know, is how the second dream fits in with the Valkyr cinematic storyline a long while ago. Is Zanuka a bunch of chopped up kids limbs welded together in a suit? Just the suit parts reassembled and controlled remotely? If there was no kid inside does that mean there may be an operator somewhere lost in transference?

Organic parts were separated and tossed away, replaced with cybernetics.

Again, the Tenno wear the Warframes, and are not children.