Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Second Dream isn't canon

SuikiAmon

3 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

Because the quest introduced a truckload of plot-holes, such as Alad being cured, the Tenno not being the occupants of the suits, Stalker and his Acolytes being the only Tenno and Frames that can speak, and so on.

Plot holes does not make something non-canon, it's just means that the story is still in it's infancy and needs fleshing out. 

Edit

Tenno'd by @Airwolfen

Edited by DakotaStorm

SuikiAmon, why do you think that the quest isn't canon? Why is this lore-development a bad idea in your opinion? Do you believe that this affects negatively to game as a whole or just your personal experience of the game? If the whole game, then why and how exactly? Can you elaborate these points as much as you're willing? I'm very interested!

Please dont reply with "because it isn't canon" or "it's bad idea", or similar responses if it's not too much of an trouble!

1 minute ago, SuikiAmon said:

Because the quest introduced a truckload of plot-holes, such as Alad being cured, the Tenno not being the occupants of the suits, Stalker and his Acolytes being the only Tenno and Frames that can speak, and so on.

if plot holes discredit stories then sadly no story ever is canon with even itself...

dont you realize that you are talking in circles justifying wrongs with bigger wrongs?

you are just like anti-vaxxers and religious fanatics. blindly justify everything by your own rules so that nobody can touch you.

please rethink your life and open your mind.

2 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

as I and many others have said before, the existence of plotholes doesn't mean the story isn't canon, it means it is poorly,constructed. Those are severely different things.

7 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

Warframe is not very consistent as a whole. And whatever idea DE has for the game as a whole is very big. Filling all plot holes at once in perfection is probably not going to happen all at once. So in the future perhaps all plot holes will be filled making sense so nothing can be argued.

You can say it's a fact, sure, stating the inconsistencies, but that doesn't mean DE can't mold the lore towards the Tenno kids to be 100% canon and consistent.

Edited by ElGuirrix

1 minute ago, Flatus said:

SuikiAmon, why do you think that the quest isn't canon? Why is this lore-development a bad idea in your opinion? Do you believe that this affects negatively to game as a whole or just your personal experience of the game? If the whole game, then why and how exactly? Can you elaborate these points as much as you're willing? I'm very interested!

Please dont reply with "because it isn't canon" or "it's bad idea", or similar responses if it's not too much of an trouble!

Alad wasn't cured, quite simply. I've already stated the reason why. Repeating it for the umpteenth time, Tyl's research wouldn't work on a Corpus/Infested like him, and Alad wouldn't be smart enough to GET it to work.

He never led us to that strange monument on Uranus. We never owed him a favour.

1 minute ago, SuikiAmon said:

Alad wasn't cured, quite simply. I've already stated the reason why. Repeating it for the umpteenth time, Tyl's research wouldn't work on a Corpus/Infested like him, and Alad wouldn't be smart enough to GET it to work.

Just like doing testing on animals doesn't show if something will work on humans... oh wait

Give me some solid evidence. Please. My faith in humanity is at risk

I'm pretty sure experimenting on infestation and warframes gave him enough biological knowledge to make something out of it, regardless of how effective it'd be.

Just now, Cydro_ said:

Give me some solid evidence. Please. My faith in humanity is at risk

That is solid evidence.

One thing I've mentioned before that you also forgot, is that the Infested wouldn't allow one of its members to break away.

Just now, SuikiAmon said:

Like I said, would only work on Grineer.

you are supporting your claims that something we all experienced didnt happened woth suppositions with no evidence. Nothing, Anywhere, says that what works for grineer only works for grinner, and nothing says Alad, who is a genius, couldnt alter it in,order to fit him.

please, stop.

1 minute ago, ElGuirrix said:

I'm pretty sure experimenting on infestation and warframes gave him enough biological knowledge to make something out of it, regardless of how effective it'd be.

Infestation and Tenno are mostly cybernetic, however. Sure, some flesh and blood, especially in the case of the Tenno, but it's a different race from the Grineer.

1 minute ago, DakotaStorm said:

Where's your proof?

Yeah, I think op didn't get my point, Alad could have easily tested on a random corpus to see if it would work... or maybe Grineer and Corpus are a bit like Humans and Monkeys where they have differences yet also have similarities

But I forgot, they know more about the story than the people writing the story

5 minutes ago, SuikiAmon said:

That would be something of a reasonable explanation if you were somehow an expert in the field of Grineer and Corpus biology and anatomy, two groups that don;t even exist in the real world. Show me a PHD and I'll defend you until the end of time.

Besides, what makes that cure so incredible? Grineer and Corpus both descended from humans, it seems logical that many biological functions would be the same.

Just now, Zergoss said:

Yeah, I think op didn't get my point, Alad could have easily tested on a random corpus to see if it would work... or maybe Grineer and Corpus are a bit like Humans and Monkeys where they have differences yet also have similarities

But I forgot, they know more about the story than the people writing the story

That's just the point, both the grinder and the corpus are human species. The only likely difference being one is cloned and the other 'possibly?' Propagate normally.

On 29/04/2016 at 10:13 AM, Vesiga said:

@Morec0 where you at lore master.

Well, I'll be damned... You can ACTUALLY summon me now!

But yeah, no. As much as I'd like for the Tenno to be actually in the Warframes and out fighting in the field instead of playing videogames from the basement of their Liset, the canon is canon. I also completely detest that the Infestation can just be cured, but sadly it can be. The lore is what it is, nothing can change that.

12 minutes ago, tnccs215 said:

yeah... Nothing supports that.

specially the infestation part.

pretty sure it is 100% organic.

Warframe themselves are sometimes described as 'biotech'. or exotech.

Warframe exo-armor uses unique combative technology to create the ultimate weaponry. The Warframes hold many mysterious powers and mastering one requires dedicated use

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Warframes

NOWHERE does it say that they are wholly cybernetic because if they were, HOW did they fight Sentients who can take control of tech? The Orokin had cybernetics down to an art, so... Why did they have to use the Tenno to fight?

Infested? Again, wiki is our friend.

INFESTATION describes both a disease and its victims - a metamorphic affliction without cure. Living organisms are consumed and merged into rabid amalgamations.
Individuals are violent and animalistic yet the larger whole exhibits signs of coordination, with multiple swarms converging on ships and colonies.
Its origins are uncertain but there is historical evidence of a similar outbreak before The Collapse.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Infested

I have to say, well done OP. I haven't laughed this hard in weeks and I really needed it.

Edited by Kalenath

9 minutes ago, (PS4)bonateIIo said:

Will I still be able to play warframe and visit forums?

yeah... Just don't do it. There is no good in pointless insulting someone, it will just make you more of an a$$.

the best way to "insult" someone is to tell them the truth. Not the things that you don't like, just the things,that are wrong.

Whatever.

I made a mistake coming here. I cannot convince any of you, as none of you, even DE themselves, can convince me. I'm done here. I'm tired.

Sleep well, all of you, when you do. I'll do my best to not show my face around here again.

If I do, I'll try to be more positive about it.

Sorry for wasting your time.