Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it possible to be banned from Warframe just from being AFK?

Monsterwithin

Question

So say if I have to go on the toilet for 1 hour out of no where (which I have in the past in other games, except Warframe can't pause unless solo) in a T4 survival, or whatever situation where time needs me more then a video game.

Will I be banned instantly, and permanently? Given a Warning or what?
If that's so, is it because you been doing AFK alot, or can it be one of those (one-time) things, and you get screwed over?

If that's true... Then wow..

Also please try not to bash the hell outta me, I'm just asking a question.

Edited by Monsterwithin
Forums

9 answers to this question

Where are these random questions coming from lately? 

No, you cannot be banned for going afk. I regularly leave my game logged in and go off grocery shopping or what ever all. 

I mean sure someone can report you in a mission for going afk and basicly leeching but thats different and once the mission is over it no longer matters. the game does not auto log you out of the client and you can stay logged in permanently and on any map you want if you're solo, just press esc.

summary: no afk is not bannable.

3 hours ago, Babellon said:

Where are these random questions coming from lately? 

Oh, I know, I know.

Spoiler

Might have something to do with certain person, whose name shall not be named. 41fcb40e_edit_img_facebook_post_image_fi

On topic:

If you are just chilling in a relay or you ship you can basically go afk for all eternity, no one will care. Also, there are afk prevention mechanics in game, so there is no real point of afking in missions, because you won't get the rewards etc.

However(and I have never heard of such case ever happening.) If plenty of people report you for constant leeching in missions, (as I said earlier - never heard of that happening to anyone ever) I wouldn't be surprised if you get a message from support or a brief suspension to let you know It's not cool.

Edited by Zyrgi

As far as I know no, but you will however not get rewards while you are afk and will only get what you got from the mission before you went afk. Plus, you may get some hate mail depending on the type of people you were with and when you went afk, because people will be people...

Ah, I can see where this has been silted up, I whuold not pay much attention to say and hay, OP, but it is still a questionable thing that players Ask DE alot, but never got a solid answer.

I'm sure someone can point it out, to you why you have the risk of getting banned, tho it verifies, best bet really, or the trick I have is, if you kown your going to be in a super long mission, go for the loo, first hand, or if you have the bathroom upcoming, quickly do a wave, then exit.   

If you are in a closed squad where they know/understand your situation, the worst that can happen is you getting automatically flagged as AFK and not getting the rewards if they extract while you are away, if you return and resume play the AFK flag is removed(as far as I understand/remember)

But if you are in a pub squad some people may get salty and file a complain/report on you; after that I have no idea how the situation proceeds.

Spoiler

But srly...1 hour? In the past I had some bad times in the toilet, but 1 hour is pushing.

6 minutes ago, Ayoshi said:

If you are in a closed squad where they know/understand your situation, the worst that can happen is you getting automatically flagged as AFK and not getting the rewards if they extract while you are away, if you return and resume play the AFK flag is removed(as far as I understand/remember)

But if you are in a pub squad some people may get salty and file a complain/report on you; after that I have no idea how the situation proceeds.

Hide contents

But srly...1 hour? In the past I had some bad times in the toilet, but 1 hour is pushing.

Yeah, I've had bad times like that while in games, but not all the time (thankfully).