Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I get Saryn now?

Keruvinde

Question

I did the event and got a piece for saryn from kela but i cant find her old mission, and i refuse to get another 50 points to try and get another piece. so do i have to wait for the event to end to farm saryn again?

Currently, yes.  Though it may not even go away when the event ends. The recent hotfix made it so you get 25 points for every stage 3 Rathuum you do though, so it only takes two runs now instead of 5 every time you want to run Kela.  And Stage 2 gives 10 points now.

Like direcyphre stated, the Kela system is staying, DE announced it in a clarification post.

Join up on public matches, it should be easy as many people will be farming Kela for the new mods.

The whole "challenge point" system will stay after the event.

So you're FORCED to do 2 lvl 60 rathuum (or 5 lvl 40) to be able to face kela again.

(the part I find stupid is that you need 100 points to face her and it removes 50, why not ask for 50 points only to fight her...)

Saryn was one of the easiest frame to get, now it's loooong and grindy.

Enjoy

Edited by Trichouette

36 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

So you're FORCED to do 2 lvl 60 rathuum (or 5 lvl 40) to be able to face kela again.

(the part I find stupid is that you need 100 points to face her and it removes 50, why not ask for 50 points only to fight her...)

Enjoy

Good thing I already grinded her out before the rework! :D but seriously, I think the amount of people getting Saryn after this event will plummet because of the sheer grind.

Just now, RunningFox said:

Good thing I already grinded her out before the rework! :D but seriously, I think the amount of people getting Saryn after this event will plummet because of the sheer grind.

I wouldn't be so sure. Look at some other grindy frames like mesa and equinox... (or even atlas who's one of the most hated because of archwing)

1 minute ago, Trichouette said:

I wouldn't be so sure. Look at some other grindy frames like mesa and equinox... (or even atlas who's one of the most hated because of archwing)

I actually never see anyone play Equinox, Mesa or Atlas. I really want Mesa, but I'm not looking forward to getting her...

58 minutes ago, Trichouette said:

Enjoy

It doesn't remove 50, it awards 50.  Or at least that's how I see it...

If you find a good team now it shouldn't be hard, but we will have to see in a months time when the mods are more in circulation and people are not doing it as frequently.  Though as others have said it is not the most grindiest of frames to get.  My worst one to get so far was Equinox (8 pieces q.q...).  Others to compare would be Ivara or any Prime that comes from T3 Survival Rotation C as these are all dependent on how much RNG is in your favour.

14 minutes ago, Keruvinde said:

just did 4 kills got nothing but helmets...not grinding her anymore

It won't be successive parts as it's all very random.  If I could trade you the extra Saryn parts I have, I would.  I've only had it happen a couple of times where I've run three boss fights and gotten Helmet, Chassis and Systems, but most other times I've have to farm for that last piece.  On the plus side of this, the Rathuum give you a chance for the rarer stance mods which is a nice added bonus.

So don't give up.  It took me two days to get all the pieces I needed for Equinox (and 10 Night Chassis later....)

A got a Saryn piece yesterday. I only did three runs, so...not too terrible a drop rate.

As for repeat pieces, well, get used to it. It took me 43 Phorid runs (when he was still a planetary boss) to get a single Nyx helmet. Just the way these things work and the excess are just extra credits.

I get it but i dont mind farming phorid and tyl regor. having to go through these arena fights though isnt fun for me. compared to say lephantis, i can do a variety of other things to get the navs for it to make the keys. 

Edited by Keruvinde

5 minutes ago, (PS4)EnormeMostro said:

I don't understand the point of this thread. We have Saryn prime. If you guys just wan Saryn for mastery point, wait this operation ends.

2 hours ago, direcyphre said:

Their clarification makes it sound like that point system isn't going away

2 hours ago, Trichouette said:

Uuuuh no.

Beating kela removes 50 points and you've to farm them again in rathuum.

It costs 100, and beating her awards 50.  I'm fairly sure of this, as a failed mission (due to people not paying attention) left me 100 points lower.  However, that may or may not have been a glitch (I've only failed the once, and I'm not about to fail intentionally).

12 minutes ago, Yzjdriel said:

It costs 100, and beating her awards 50.  I'm fairly sure of this, as a failed mission (due to people not paying attention) left me 100 points lower.  However, that may or may not have been a glitch (I've only failed the once, and I'm not about to fail intentionally).

I can assure you that's not how it works. As I already said, you need 100 points to be able to start the mission and beating her remove 50 points.

Otherwise it wouldn't even make sense since you wouldn't be able to lose any points. (unless maybe by failing the mission but that's hard, and leaving the mission didn't remove any point to me)

After beating her you need to get 50 more points to be able to try again.

Edited by Trichouette

5 hours ago, Keruvinde said:

well that sucks...thanks for the answers. might just save myself the time and throw plat at it when i get a discount again

Good god no! If you're going to use plat for a frame, buy the Prime, not the normal one from the market!