Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Bug]The Nikana Prime has an incorrect 60% blocking damage reduction instead of the standard 85% for the Nikana class

Dragazer

Hey guys was testing out some of the blocking percentages in the simulacrum and I noticed a bug with the Nikana Prime's damage reduction with blocking. While the other Nikanas have a dmg reduction of 85% while blocking, the Nikana Prime only has a 60% dmg reduction while blocking.

Here are some screenshots as proof. I used a level 40 feral kubrow as a test. My Excalibur has no shield mods so its at the standard 300 shields.

V76twAn.jpg

As you can see the kubrow normally deals 300-85= 215 damage to my shields

Bu3ZfKL.jpg

Here you can see with the Dragon Nikana, the kubrow deals 300-267= 33 points of damage while blocking

215*0.85= 182.75   215-182.75= 32.25

As you can see the Dragon Nikana is reducing the correct amount of damage by 85%

zNdWhmh.jpg

But, in the Nikana Prime's case, the kubrow deals 300-214= 86 points of damage while blocking

215*0.6= 129     215-129= 86

As you can see the Nikana Prime is not reducing damage by 85% like the other Nikanas but by 60% instead

I'm assuming this is a bug, because all weapons of the same melee class should have the same blocking percentages 

This bug has a pretty significant effect seeing how you are taking more than double the amount of damage (33 vs 86 points of damage so around 2.6 more damage) while blocking with a prime weapon which is supposedly superior to the normal weapon

Hoping this bug gets its fix soon as the Nikana Prime is my go to melee weapon.

Edited by Dragazer

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Marbelik said:

Does this has been fixed already? o.o

17 hours ago, Sablotron said:

Can anyone confirm? Did not see any references in the recent patch notes.

Just tested again today with the same conditions, unfortunately the bug hasn't been fixed yet.

Edited by Dragazer

• 4 weeks later...

Bump: Still not yet fixed as of Hotfix: Lunaro 6.

With the way how dmg reduction works exponentially, 60% compared to 85% is a massive difference in dmg received when blocking

Edited by Dragazer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2016 at 10:29 AM, NativeKiller said:

This still hasn't been fixed right?

It's really sad that Nikana Prime has only 60% damage reduction with block while the vanilla Nikana has 85% damage reduction with block. :(

Yeah as of the right now it still hasn't been addressed yet, I suppose devs have a lot on the plate with The War Within around the corner. 

Is it really a bug though ?

I think it's just one of the weapons features as said on the wiki : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nikana_Prime

" Nikana Prime compared to Nikana:

• Lower block effectiveness (60.0% vs. 85.0%)."

Besides it kinda makes sense, if all its stats were superior to Dragon Nikana even though Dragon nikana has higher mastery rank requirement then Dragon Nikana would just be useless and no one would ever build it...

4 hours ago, EmperorOfSorrow said:

I think it's just one of the weapons features as said on the wiki : http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Nikana_Prime

Besides it kinda makes sense, if all its stats were superior to Dragon Nikana even though Dragon nikana has higher mastery rank requirement then Dragon Nikana would just be useless and no one would ever build it...

Well, a simple "Hey guys, this is intentional. ;)" would really help then.

12 hours ago, EmperorOfSorrow said:

Nikana Prime having lower block effectiveness compared to Vanilla Nikana makes little sense if you ask me.

7 hours ago, PitmanE957 said:

Well, a simple "Hey guys, this is intentional. ;)" would really help then.

This would really help if it really was intentional, but I really hope not..

Edited by NativeKiller

On 01/08/2016 at 11:32 AM, EmperorOfSorrow said:

Well if you check the trivia section of the wiki page:

• Nikana prime currently has a lower blocking value than the rest of the nikanas, being at 60% instead of the supposed 85%, it is currently unknown whether or not this is a bug or a feature.

The features section was added after because that's the way it currently is atm

I would think this would be some sort of oversight, seeing how blocking percentages are tied by melee classes not individual melee weapons. 

Prime weapons have always been superior to the normal equipment as well. 

Taking almost 2.6x more damage while blocking with the prime doesnt make sense.

To put it into perspective with my Ash build I have 2650.5 ehp without blocking 

With the regular Nikanas blocking rate my ehp is boosted to 17670 ehp while blocking (85% dmg reduction)

But sadly with the Nikana prime's 60% damage reduction my ehp is at 6626.25 ehp while blocking.

I don't believe a loss of 11043 ehp while blocking is worth the slight boost in dmg stats, which is why I believe this cannot be intended  

Edited by Dragazer

Pretty sure it is completely intentional to make is so the Nikana prime isn't a complete upgrade to the Dragon Nikana, but more of a side-grade (would of been much better if it was handled differently though, and if they haven't confirmed it, for them to)

An argument that "all primes are better than their standard variants" doesn't apply here either, because the Dragon Nikana is a upgraded and modified Nikana. And only the basic Nikana is based off of the Nikana prime. So even if it is somewhat better than the Nikana prime, lorewise there isn't really be a problem.  

Basically Original > Copy. But this does not mean Original > Modified copy

Edited by More-L

6 hours ago, More-L said:

Pretty sure it is completely intentional to make is so the Nikana prime isn't a complete upgrade to the Dragon Nikana, but more of a side-grade (would of been much better if it was handled differently though, and if they haven't confirmed it, for them to)

An argument that "all primes are better than their standard variants" doesn't apply here either, because the Dragon Nikana is a upgraded and modified Nikana. And only the basic Nikana is based off of the Nikana prime. So even if it is somewhat better than the Nikana prime, lorewise there isn't really be a problem.  

Basically Original > Copy. But this does not mean Original > Modified copy

Problem is, the normal Nikana has a higher blocking percentage at 85% along with the Dragon variant.

And up until now melee blocking percentages have always been tied to the melee class not the individual weapon.   

Edited by Dragazer

• 1 month later...

Funny thing, I checked this recently and it has been "fixed" - by changing the normal Nikana's blocking percentage from 85% to 60%.

Of course, now this just means that both the Nikana and Nikana Prime have incorrect blocking percentages for their melee class.

Edited by Fishmonk

On 18/09/2016 at 0:02 AM, Fishmonk said:

Funny thing, I checked this recently and it has been "fixed" - by changing the normal Nikana's blocking percentage from 85% to 60%.

Of course, now this just means that both the Nikana and Nikana Prime have incorrect blocking percentages for their melee class.

Wow, something is definitely messed up then. Wish we could actually get some confirmation from the devs.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...