Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have Black crits?

Dwolfknight

I was testing out a theory with the dread and it so happens that you can get garanted red crits if you put all crit rate mods, that is it requires critical delays, So this must mean there is the probablility of getting a higher than red crit multiplier, and the answer is yes it does, as you can see here

Spoiler

6DWGQjc.jpg
and here

ebhQli9.jpg

However there is no visual stimuli to show that it did actually proc a 3x crit, so my sugestion is that we have another colored crit, i ask for black to follow the order of darker tones (white,yellow,red,black).

Edited by Dwolfknight

I think that jumping straight to black crits would be a bit much. It's kinda tough to step it up from there, but there are still ways to crit at even deeper levels (e.g. Maiming Strike + Blood Rush).

I think it should go:

White -> Yellow crit -> Orange crit -> Red crit -> Black crit

and crit levels after Black (>500% crit chance) could perhaps just incrementally increase in text size or something. Or, if we really need more colours just for the sake of including MS+BR combos, then we could also throw in pink crits or something somewhere in between.

Edited by SortaRandom

I found that relatively old shot with yellow crits that surpass red crit from same weapon...now i just dont care what color r they as long as stuff dies.

9qZxNCX.png

Sure its difference in damage resistance...but still. These numbers are weird.

Edited by Kainosh

7 hours ago, Burnthesteak87 said:

I'd totally delete Crit Chance and Damage from the game.

Enough with this slot machine based mechanics.

> slot machine based mechanics.

You mean 99% of warframe? (Raid rewards, sortie rewards, sortie conditions, alerts, mod drops, warframe parts, kubrow breeding, void rewards...)

7 hours ago, Burnthesteak87 said:

I'd totally delete Crit Chance and Damage from the game.

Enough with this slot machine based mechanics.

HAHHAAH funny considering crits have less RNG then 90% of the game, it's either the garanted or the chance

19 hours ago, SaurusRex said:

> slot machine based mechanics.

You mean 99% of warframe? (Raid rewards, sortie rewards, sortie conditions, alerts, mod drops, warframe parts, kubrow breeding, void rewards...)

And?

How should your intervention be useful?

Can we start our engines and remember Critcal Strikes are an RNG based mechanic made mostly for Role Play and not for Action Shooters?

Edited by Burnthesteak87

20 hours ago, Burnthesteak87 said:

And?

How should your intervention be useful?

Can we start our engines and remember Critcal Strikes are an RNG based mechanic made mostly for Role Play and not for Action Shooters?

Sure but crit chance over 100% is a crazy crap. It's not 'chance' anymore, is it? And it's not 'critical' either, if it works for absolutely every hit. Hell, it's very wrong even when it's 50%+.

1 hour ago, -BM-Leonhart said:

Sure but crit chance over 100% is a crazy crap. It's not 'chance' anymore, is it? And it's not 'critical' either, if it works for absolutely every hit. Hell, it's very wrong even when it's 50%+.

And what's then different from flat damage weapons? Flat damage wpns have 2 slots more for elemental mods, while critical wpns not?
Dont you understand that's a colossal design error?
Can you try thinking out of the scheme for a second?
If even explaining it isn't enough...

Edited by Burnthesteak87