The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kubrows vs Sentinels - Cute vs Useful

TheBright888

I love Kubrows! I got a 5 formed Lotus tall Raksa.
I also love DE and love what they have done with the game over the years.

But I also think that companions are a tad unbalanced right now :D
And that recent Medi-Ray mod has literally triggered me to post about it.

Sentinels Do (Mostly Carrier)
- Give you fast energy, health, save you infinite amounts of time (Vaccum)
- CC the enemy (get some status chance)
- Heal % Heath (Medi Ray)
- Restore your shields
- Protect you when you are vulnerable reviving other tenno
"20/10 IGN: Awesome"

Kubrows Do
- Restore your shields
- Bark
- Are cute
- Eat more cores and forma than maxed Warframes
- Put you in danger when you need to revive them
- Dies if I get cancer and need to go to the hospital. Then I return and my Kubrow is dead and I have Cancer and I'm sad.
"9/10 IGN: Not Very Good"

Damage on both is irrelevant, since they all do absolutely noting late game.

Edited by TheBright888

sorry, but i'm not that useless or needy to have a robot constantly picking up itens for me, i can do it myself if i so need anything...

i say this due the simple reason that most people who use sentinels are carrier users 98% of time always.

so yeah i'll  keep my 7 forma Raksa 

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

k this again...go vazarin and you will want a kubrow coz all problem solve and almost all sentinal advantage goes below kubrow advantage

capture mission to hard? bring sunika...pie

survival, spy and  rescue mission annoy you? bring huras....cake

got mobile defense/defense mission problem? call  raksa...biscuit

enemy too much gun? chesa...cookies

6 minutes ago, -.SP.-G43riel said:

sorry, but i'm not that useless or needy to have a robot constantly picking up itens for me, i can do it myself if i so need anything...

i say this due the simple reason that most people who use sentinels are carrier users 98% of time always.

so yeah i'll  keep my 7 forma Raksa 

More power to you if you have the patience. :)

I respect that.

Problem is that Kubrows are objectively (performance wise) not nearly on the same level as sentinels.

I mean a few weeks back I had to use melee or rejuvination aura to heal... not anymore. Sentinels have literally solved the only problem I still had on some frames, which was health regeneration.

2 minutes ago, paragasu said:

k this again...go vazarin and you will want a kubrow coz all problem solve and almost all sentinal advantage goes below kubrow advantage

capture mission to hard? bring sunika...pie

survival, spy and  rescue mission annoy you? bring huras....cake

got mobile defense/defense mission problem? call  raksa...biscuit

enemy too much gun? chesa...cookies

Or I could just take carrier for all of them, which would save me 30-36 forma and would still be better^^ And I dont even have to melee/furis to heal.

2 minutes ago, TheBright888 said:

More power to you if you have the patience. :)

I respect that.

Problem is that Kubrows are objectively (performance wise) not nearly on the same level as sentinels.

I mean a few weeks back I had to use melee or rejuvination aura to heal... not anymore. Sentinels have literally solved the only problem I still had on some frames, which was health regeneration.

i dont use either melee(i think life strike is a waste of a mod to have equipped) or rejuvenation and never had health problems.
But yeah i'm always carrying my sancti tigris with me.

7 minutes ago, TheBright888 said:

Or I could just take carrier for all of them, which would save me 30-36 forma and would still be better^^ And I dont even have to melee/furis to heal.

It is all well and good untill high level enemy one shot poor carrier

I use Carries only on 1 condition.
When I'm lazy a.., and go to Akkas to farm Nanospores/Neurodes. Small room, and not much running after enemies, so I stand and be lazy with Tonkor, while Carrier sucks in all the drop.

Other than that, my beloved Sahasa, my very first kubrow I have bred on the very first day Kubrows were introduced into the game (making energy, hp, ammo, and occasionally even a mod) out of nowhere, unlike Carrier, that sucks in only existing stuff. I do use Zenurik for faster energy, but I still need ammo, hp, and even occasionally an energy too.

My Huras for any kind of sneaky missions, or any missions where I have to go as some sort of support like Trin, so I can actually focus on energy and bless for others, without having to take care of myself much (also I have noticed my Huras gives me invisibility way often, and way faster than my Shade, for Share to cloak me I basically have to bump into an enemy)

And last but not least my Raksa, when I am going tanky Inaros, or Valkyr, or other frames of such sort with big armor pool.

All of my 3 kubrows were forma'd 7 times. No regrets.

When Kavats will be introduced into the game, I will give them a try for sure, but I do not think they will replace my Kubrows for long, other than maybe in a certain missions.

kubrows are very expensive to made..... i spent over 5 mil credits on breeds until i am not got my lotus huras+ i forma him 6 times to can fit all mods....and i dont regret very good kubrow for squishy frames....

Carrier is seriously such a QoL improvement that everything else feels like a disappointment. I'd prefer DE changes Carrier to be like an ammo spawner (something something converts metal and dust particles into ammunition blah blah) while making the Vaccum mod usable for all companions. I'd seriously slot it everywhere just as I do with Animal Instinct.

I've made a topic about why Kubrow(s) are bad last year, but I haven't seen any improvements to their AI yet. Maybe if their AI weren't THIS stupid they'd be good.

Edited by ngrazer

Just now, TheBright888 said:

sentinels are way more useful in any situation

I wouldn't be so certain if I were you.
1) Huras > (prisma) shade. This dog is the ultimate stealth companion. Period
2) Raksas perform splendidly with Vex Chromas, since their armor scales with the armor of the owner. So, this dog is almost invulnerable with tanky frames, it gives you shield almost non-stop, it controls the crowd, it protects you when you revive someone.
Can't say the other breeds are as useful, but they do have their pros as well.

25 minutes ago, TheBright888 said:

I'm not here to discuss the power level btw.

If it is not obvious to you at this point, that sentinels are way more useful in any situation, then noone will be able to convince you, because you are in denial.

http://grief.com/the-five-stages-of-grief/

I know something my Chesa does as a one-up better than a Carrier.

Can your Carrier input massive amounts of damage, unlock lockers, retrieve shiz from containers, look adorable, AND bite the weapons from enemy hands all while vacuuming random loot from the environment up? In terms of utilities, the Kubrow breeds hold pretty good one ups to certain sentinels, barring the sentinels like Helios or Diriga that have their own unique precepts that a Kubrow can't do.

Am I saying a Sentinel can't do massive damage? It can, but then you have to deal with trying to balance modding their gun and hope the mods don't conflict with your gun. You rank up /one/ Kubrow mod and their damage just increases immensely.

I'll take a Kubrow's stats and utilities over a sentinel any day.

Edited by WingedCrusade

1 hour ago, TheBright888 said:

Sentinels Do (Mostly Carrier)
- Give you fast energy, health, save you infinite amounts of time (Vaccum)
- CC the enemy (get some status chance)
- Heal % Heath (Medi Ray)
- Restore your shields
- Protect you when you are vulnerable reviving other tenno
"20/10 IGN: Awesome"

Kubrows Do
- Restore your shields
- Bark
- Are cute
- Eat more cores and forma than maxed Warframes
- Put you in danger when you need to revive them
- Dies if I get cancer and need to go to the hospital. Then I return and my Kubrow is dead and I have Cancer and I'm sad.
"9/10 IGN: Not Very Good"

Kubrows also:

- "Protect you when are are vulnerable reviving other tenno" - Quoted from Sentinels
- "CC the enemy" Howl (Raksa Kubrow) is (exactly) a nekros terrify. (confirmed by DERebecca on the april fools stream prime time)
- "Restores your shields" - Raksa Kubrow

And uh... "Put you in danger when you need to revive them" at least you CAN revive them. :clem:

I have a 6 forma Raksa Kubrow that I love to bits. She stays alive longer than most people. Even in Sorties.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"Then I return and my Kubrow is dead.." Not if you get the upgrade module .-.

Edited by Leahzar

Get into a Clan > Go to the Tenno lab > Get Incubator Segment > ??? > Profit!
Alternate, if you are lazy, and have lot of plat, buy from the Market.

• Stasis Recovery reduced to 30 mins.
    • Stasis Recovery can be rushed with Credits64‍ 10,000.
  • Kubrows are placed into Stasis if they become mortally ill.
    • Kubrows must be consigned to remove them from inventory. You can not leave them out to starve to get rid of them.
  • Egg incubation reduced by a day.
  • Stabilizers last twice as long.
    • After segment installation, the daily DNA degradation rate is reduced from 10% to 5%.

Il pick ANY sentinel over kubrow, coz ANY sentinel can equip mod that restore your shields and now even can restore your hp, sentinel don't run around randomly do stuff-it's always with me protecting mine back.

Only kubrow that i find usefull is Huras, coz of it's op invis, which is even better than shade one. But again-huras can't restore mine shield or hp, it doesn't have reliable cc that will stunlock dudes if they come to close, tho it can cloak me, which is nice, but still nope. in da end it all come to utility that companion can provide.