Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Temp. Fix for freezing after returing to the ship! [FINALLY found an answer since U17.5!]

Aaryl

Question

Nature of the problem- Game freezes for 10+ seconds after coming to the ship, no matter from mission, relay, etc but not from logging in. Happens ONLY for an account, others' don't freeze and freezing happens on ANY machines.

Wow. Just wow, I've been suffering due to 10+ seconds freeze bug since Update 17.5, submitting tickets, giving it up and I decided to retry again recently. TR;DR and long words short - It's the number of your NOGGLES IN YOUR SHIP. WAHAHAHAHA totally unexpected for me. They apparently use physics for all models and causes longer load time. After removing every single noggles except for my christmas deco, delay was reduced to 0.2 seconds or so, totally acceptable.

I tried returning multiple times from mission, relay etc, and it proved that noggles were the problem. ._.

I hope for those who've been suffering read this and fix it for now!

And I also hope that DE is aware of this issue and start working on the hotfix to improve the loading time regarding this ----

5 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, --Q--Aaryl said:

It's the number of your NOGGLES IN YOUR SHIP.

You think you had it bad? DERebecca has so many noggles they literally increased the noggle maximum just so she could place more noggles!

48 minutes ago, --Q--Aaryl said:

and freezing happens on ANY machines.

This is somewhat false really, as you mentioned it is due to loading the noggles on your ship, which contains physics or whatever.  High end computers probably do not have any issue with this.  So unfortunately it is basically suggesting that for lower end machines, noggles can be bad.

Of course this is just a theory, I only own like 9 noggles so I can't really test it right now.

My laptop is certainly high-performing enough to handle games with demanding specs (Asus G750JM) and never had a problem with any games so far. (Fallout 4, Metal Gear Phantom Pain, etc)

Freezing my game like this certainly suggests that the improvement is needed for loading noggles etc in the ship. I have also been told my clan member with high end desktop freezing like me.

Temp. fix is to remove the noggles till the point it doesn't freeze much, and actual one will be wait out for hotfix at this point.....

P.S - I had 1 noggles of each KIND, + sacred vessel. It was 49 or so, including christmas deco.

58 minutes ago, --Q--Aaryl said:

freezing happens on ANY machines.

Should have been more careful with the wording, what I meant was every desktops and laptops of my friends' I tested on....Wrote it too hastily out of excitement that there's a fix for this devlish issue.

Edited by --Q--Aaryl