Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only Getting 1/10 XP as others in group.

nsgdoughboy

Question

So today me and some friends were farming XP and I got 15,000 XP while everyone else got over 150k, I was playing RJ Excalibur and I have no idea why this is happening. I believe that it has been happening for awhile, not just on this mission, but I thought the low XP was normal. Someone please help.

10 answers to this question

Were the other people using a booster and you were not?  (x2 multiplier)

Were the other people playing close to eachother while you were doing your own thing solo?  (shared XP has a limited distance)

Were you standing one place casting your power over and over and over again?  (if you play like a bot, the game will flag you as a bot)

Did you die and have to use revive?  (you lose a lot of XP each time you revive)

Edited by Momaw

OP was the only damage dealer by using his RJ.

Getting kills with your frame abilties will only grant you exp to the warframe. If your friends helped you get kills then you'd get shared exp. That's literally what you've been doing for them.

you were the only "kill frame" in the group? if so, the exp that comes from the kills by RJ goes directly to the excailbur frame (or into focus if you have a lens)

while shared exp is gained from you killing the enemys to your team mates is splitted among the things they brought (frame/primery/secoundry/melee)

14 minutes ago, GordoFreeman said:

That was changed explicitly to counter dracoville, in short the RJ excalibur gets screwed in the xp department (for weapons)

On the other hand it makes him perfect to farm focus because he only needs one lens without "wasting" exp

47 minutes ago, GordoFreeman said:

That was changed explicitly to counter dracoville, in short the RJ excalibur gets screwed in the xp department (for weapons)

It was apart of the system long before Draco was a thing.

49 minutes ago, GordoFreeman said:

What? That's how affinity has worked for, well, practically ever, since long before Draco. Long, Long, long before Egate, before Viver, before Kappa, power kills go to frames, Weapon kills go to frames and weapon.  Radiant EXP goes to Frame (25%) and Weapons (75%).

1 hour ago, nsgdoughboy said:

So today me and some friends were farming XP and I got 15,000 XP while everyone else got over 150k, I was playing RJ Excalibur and I have no idea why this is happening. I believe that it has been happening for awhile, not just on this mission, but I thought the low XP was normal. Someone please help.

Lol! i just saw you post about this in recruiting or region chat a while ago :)

On 5/14/2016 at 0:02 PM, Momaw said:

Were the other people using a booster and you were not?  (x2 multiplier)

Were the other people playing close to eachother while you were doing your own thing solo?  (shared XP has a limited distance)

Were you standing one place casting your power over and over and over again?  (if you play like a bot, the game will flag you as a bot)

Did you die and have to use revive?  (you lose a lot of XP each time you revive)

To expand on this, you will stop gaining affinity in the game or items that would be picked up if you stop moving for a certain amount of time, and will start gaining them again once you start moving. That means you can spam your abilities constantly and still not gain XP because you were flagged as AFK for lack of movement. I think it is something like 2 minutes but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Basically just move a step every few minutes and you will not have this problem. Use a macro that just hits the ability button and not get anything for it.

Edited by Wopel

7 minutes ago, NotWhoItSeems said:

you were the only "kill frame" in the group? if so, the exp that comes from the kills by RJ goes directly to the excailbur frame (or into focus if you have a lens)

while shared exp is gained from you killing the enemys to your team mates is splitted among the things they brought (frame/primery/secoundry/melee)