Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fps Drop need help

Dressingpop

Question

So for some reason Recently My Fps Has dropped it used to be a constant 60 but now its going down to 30 or even lower even when im just on my ship i have turned off most graphics setting turned off directx11 and 64 bit mode and nothing has changed at all. any help would be appreciated i dont remember all my specs but i have 

intel core 17 and nvidia geforce gtx 960m

7 answers to this question

Having DirectX 11 and 64-bit mode enabled should help increase performance. You should avoid turning these options off unless your game is crashing.

With a GTX 960m, you should be able to run the game at the highest settings even at 1920x1080p and get 60 frames a second.

If you haven't already, I suggest unparking your CPU cores (Intel CPUs have a tendency to 'park' cores, which can result in a drop in performance in games). I have a guide set up for how to do it here:

In the meanwhile, you should make sure that you don't have any high-intensive applications running in the background (make sure your Antivirus/Antimalware isn't running). You can check to see what your CPU utilization is at by pressing "Ctrl + Shift + Esc" to bring up the task manager and selecting the "performance" tab (or if no tabs are visible, select the " more details" button to expand the task manager to show the tabs). If the CPU utilization is very high without the game running, you can select the "Details" tab and sort by the CPU column, which will let you see which programs are taking up your processing power (and subsequently end them by right clicking and ending task).

Also, Nvidia has just recently released new GPU drivers, which includes laptop graphics cards. You should grab and install the latest drivers for your operating system from Nvidia's website!

I've noticed at times when I get this drop if I change my nat settings port connections in the game options it helps. I think a lot of people connect using default settings and my logic implies that sometimes this can become overloaded. That may be completely wrong of course. 

Also try cleaning your cache, doing a disk clean up, clear your cookies that sort of thing. If you're on steam make sure your overlay doesn't have any browsers open, close your friends list if you're not chatting. Maybe refresh your router. Not sure that any of this will be effective for you but thats some of the common solutions.

I have no problem with this game on 60fps everything maxed on 1920x1080 with the latest drivers with a GTX950m graphics card installed in my laptop (your GPU is around 10-15% better). You also has an i7 processor which shouldn't be a problem. Make sure your drivers are all up to date.

Edited by Dobermann92