The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Community Elitists

Hellslinger

I've never really noticed it myself O-o

I mean I've seen some terrible players, THEN looked at the MR to see if they have an excuse to not know about popping survival pods only when low enough. Buut usually they are just newbies needing some tips.

Other than that I barely look and being a MR 21 player I now feel I am letting down my stereotype! I must work harder to be one of those guys who kicks someone for not having the "prescribed" equipment that all players MUST have for the mission I am doing!

Or... well... I wont, that's too much effort, I prefer just to chill n play with chill people :P And of course to wind up said annoying guys by bringing everything they tell me not to, and then doing my best to outdo them with said equipment  8D

Pretty sure I'm an elitist myself, but it has nothing to do with your mastery rank.

Elitist has nothing to do with mastery rank by the way, it's all about the way they use things and make decisions on their builds and stuffs.

I do not judge people by MR, i do know of a few times when I have seen people in recruiting asking for only MR20+ which i find to be a bit of a #$&(% move.  But at the same time when a low level mastery player tries to tell me what I am doing is wrong, or things that I am after do not drop from the event I am doing I have no problems at all correcting them and letting them know that I know what I am doing.   Eg, Hosting ODD last night trying to get dual kama handles, I said at the start if they drop and someone does not want them I will be willing to buy, quickly get told that they do not drop from ODD by a MR6 player....

Edit:  did not realise d.o.u.c.h.e came up as #$&(%   :)

Edited by Robj414
lol

generally people only base their MR requirements in recruiting chat while hosting LOR or something, because that's the best way to judge experience even though it is unreliable. the problem isn't really with the people, but with the system itself.

Unsure if this is a hidden meta complaint thread or if the word Elitist is mis/overused.

And MR is nothing but a measure of how many items you have ranked not of skill or knowledge. For instance I am MR 21 yet I have only played Inaros/Atlas/Wukong a hand full of time while I leveled them as those frames did not really appeal to me. However there could be a MR 12 player out these that absolutely loves one of those frames with a few hundred game hour invested into them. They would undoubtedly know more about those frame then I and their skill would also be higher from practice alone.

10 minutes ago, Prinny13 said:

No matter how long I look at him he does not look like a lady to me :/

And the urge to unleash Umbra Booben on you is getting stronger 

OWSim5q.jpg

That is a fairly cool looking booblord5000 but I am not really sure what  you are doing with all the screenshots. :angel:

Run mission, have gun, shoot gun, badguys die before you do, mission completed successfully, all good. <--- That's my formula. Melee can be substituted for gun as necessary.

I've been known to use MR to excuse poor performance in the past, but that's not really viable anymore so I just don't pay attention to it anymore. 

I see it more on the forums than on the game, but I suspect that's because people on the forums have more personal investment in the game than the majority of the actual playerbase that doesn't care enough to be an active part of the community. Heck, I've been playing since 2014-ish and I only joined the forums a few weeks ago because I was drawing stupid fanart and wanted to share :p

But when you have a high personal stake in the game, it's easy to start judging other people because their behavior affects you more-- failures make you madder, inconveniences more bothersome, etc etc. Or, you feel like you need to be cool and the best and better than everyone else so you work hard and look down on the people who don't care as much as if they're doing something wrong.

Overwhelmingly, the people I've played with or chatted with on the relays are quite friendly and helpful, although, understandably, with a low tolerance for begging, outright defiant stupidity, and stubborn ignorance. On the other hand, on the forums I see a whole lot of complaints and railing at the devs over some random thing.

22 minutes ago, T7Alpha said:

That is a fairly cool looking booblord5000 but I am not really sure what  you are doing with all the screenshots. :angel:

First, Booben is thanking you.

Second, when i feel like a picture is getting the point across better than a wall of text then so be it.

Third, i began to tackle the end game content, Fashion Frame, and just bragging about what i could achieve :)

MR is just one of criteria. There such things like hours in game, count of kills, etc.
If someone better than you at this game, is good opportunity to learn more things from more experienced player. If someone not good in this game as you, you should give them a hand and help to become better. As simple as it is.

Yes, some people are trying to put on airs with their high MR or investments in game. And in some sence, it makes them better at game. But still not a better person. So, before you call someone with this new buzz word, think again.

Edited by Nordenfelt_