Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

does this clan emblem violate any rules?

SANIC_HEGEHOG

Question

15 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Imaru said:

I don't think it would be an issue, other than the similarities to the Nazi Swastika, but you're best bet is probably to contact support and ask them before you submit it. 

That's the first thing I thought of as well.

It wont glow like crazy, may be rejected, but frankly, will look ugly. Think about it, you're gonna project a perfect square with stuff inside it, I've seen peoples logos like that, they don't end up looking good.

3 hours ago, jonnin said:

It looks nothing like a Nazi flag, unless one is nearly blind.   That said some people get offended by anything at any excuse.

I don't think it's a matter of people getting offended at anything at any excuse.

There's a saying "If someone calls you a horse, punch them in the nose.  If another person calls you a horse, avoid racetracks.  If a third person calls you a horse it's time to buy a saddle."

That emblem certainly does resemble the nazi flag.  The white circle in a red flag.  The official suda symbol spins clockwise.  The swastika and the reversed suda symbol spin counter-clockwise.  The suda symbol is black as well.

Now when emblem that is shrunken down and seen at a glance it could even resemble one more.

When 75% of the people in the thread say "You know what that looks like..." I don't think that's political correctness.  I think the majority sees a strong resemblance. 

But hey, it's his plat at stake when he submits it.

It does not look like a swastika!

it should be perfectly fine, what is that the suda logo right?

it is ok too use the images in warframe in your logo. Yes copyright is an issue but DE will let you use their images in their game.

my logo is mesa head woth crossed ether reapers.

it was allowed because DE owns this image 

looks too much like faction emblem to me.   I dunno that would be a case for rejection.

It looks nothing like a Nazi flag, unless one is nearly blind.   That said some people get offended by anything at any excuse.   If you think that is the problem, lose the ugly red border or invert the colors on the central part.