Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

sonicor or synoid gammacor?

(PSN)SpaceNoodle0_o

Question

9 answers to this question

s.gammacor has great burst dps and energy regen.. sonic has good usable damage with some aoe and very reliable crowd control 

so it depends on what u need ? i think you will find sonicor more useful as a utility weapon esp if you already have strong primary weapons to pair it with 

you will need more forma and more mods to get the most out of s.gammacor whereas sonic will require less investment to perform and wont have ammo problems etc

I prefer gammacor, a lot of people like the sonicors ragdoll but i go for a status build on gamma and i love it. I do radiation and viral with the dual stat elemental mods and get about 108% status/sec. Usually i swap elements for the faction im going against but that build works great against anything except infested and i just use something else when i go against them.

Thats my two cents.

these two Weapons a fundamentally completely different, choosing one or the other is completely personal preference.

Sonicor is pretty self explanatory, you shoot the 'cannon' projectile, it Ragdolls crap. that's what Sonicor does.
Polarizing will let you pile on Status Mods so you can apply constant Status Effects while doing so, but the Weapon will still do what it does, ragdoll everything.

3 hours ago, (PS4)HateRche said:

This is the question... I currently use Sonicor (still no forma on it) and wondering should i buy and forma Synoid Gammacor? 

So which one of the weapons is worthy to put some formas in?

They're both great weapons, but Sonicor is AoE, Gammacor is single target, so I guess that's what you should base your decision on - which type you need/prefer at the moment.

For damage the gamma core is the better, that being said I always have sonicor equipped unless leveling a new secondary.  Sonicor damage is not that bad and I just love running through a tight section of the map that is filled with enemies and just bulldoze them out of the way with sonicor.   They can't shoot you if they sitting on their &#!.