Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

you have one mammoth on a pressure plate holding a door closed, on the other side is gold. what do you do?

dangerdragon117

so we're going to clone the Mammoth - now what good does that do?
there aren't any environments on the planet where they belong, or would survive naturally. your choices basically sum up to either frozen too much, making food unobtainable, or not frozen enough, suffocating the animal in it's insulation.

Meh we have elephants, we don't really need mammoths. Kill the mammoth, if there's no other mammoth to breed with it and raise the population then ...well... TASTE MY BOLTOR MOTHER FU@$$%!R

EDIT -------

24 minutes ago, dangerdragon117 said:

now lets add another factor into this question....... its female....... and pregnant....

Oh you added another thing to it...Well then id wait for the baby to be born. If the baby is not a male though... TASTE MY BOLTOR MOTHER FU@$$%!R

Edited by Completionist

3 minutes ago, Completionist said:

Meh we have elephants, we don't really need mammoths. Kill the mammoth, if there's no other mammoth to breed with it and raise the population then ...well... TASTE MY BOLTOR MOTHER FU@$$%!R

EDIT -------

Oh you added another thing to it...Well then id wait for the baby to be born. If it's not a male though... TASTE MY BOLTOR MOTHER FU@$$%!R

you'll have sex with it?

1 hour ago, dangerdragon117 said:

one kills the mammoth and opens the door

Kill the mammoth, eat some steak, have some gold.  What's the problem?  Genocide a conscious choice? No, because unless I was personally responsible for killing every single other mammoth on the planet it sure as heck ain't my fault.  Also one mammoth isn't going to keep the species going, need at least two. and that is with incestual breeding between the mammoth calves being birthed and their parents.  

You okay with that?  Its a goner either way.

Or if you are feeling just awful about the idea, let it die of old age and your grandchildren get rich?

If I'm a mommoth I won't kill it if that's what your asking.

its assumed you're a human.....

2 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

Kill the mammoth, eat some steak, have some gold.  What's the problem?  Genocide a conscious choice? No, because unless I was personally responsible for killing every single other mammoth on the planet it sure as heck ain't my fault.  Also one mammoth isn't going to keep the species going, need at least two. and that is with incestual breeding between the mammoth calves being birthed and their parents.  

You okay with that?  Its a goner either way.

Or if you are feeling just awful about the idea, let it die of old age and your grandchildren get rich?

at least it gets to experience life.

I think if you said the button requires killing the last female AND male mammoth, the outcome would be different. Unless all of you are a bunch of greedy space ninjas.

I guess it needed a bit more editing to be more impactful.

lets add in the child is a male and the female is young.

in this scenario, kill the mammoth and laugh at everyone complaining that you hurried along the extinction of a doomed species.

edit: in your new scenario: I wouldn't push either buttons and would try to disconnect the pressure plate from the door.

edit2: although, a species with such a low population is practically doomed anyway...

Edited by Temp0ralfool

1 minute ago, dangerdragon117 said:

I guess it needed a bit more editing to be more impactful.

lets add in the child is a male and the female is young.

Now it's definitely a tough choice for me...On the other hand gold is shiny and we already have elephants... >.>

If it's a female and the child male, cloning is more viable to save them since you clone a male and a female. So still kill, grab DNA of both, take the gold, use it for cloning, and bring back to the world a species that will extinct anyway since the world wouldn't be very friendly to them since this isn't Ice Age....

Gold alone is still very tempting

3 minutes ago, ElGuirrix said:

If it's a female and the child male, cloning is more viable to save them since you clone a male and a female. So still kill, grab DNA of both, take the gold, use it for cloning, and bring back to the world a species that will extinct anyway since the world wouldn't be very friendly to them since this isn't Ice Age....

Gold alone is still very tempting

cloning is still new the child would have a very hard time and would die anyways.

My answer to this kind of question is always the same, if you're on a situation where people puts you up in a situation just so they can judge you, i will choose the option that basically says f*ck you to those people and got the most benefits for myself.

I'll Rift Walk it. Technically it didn't leave the button, so it doesn't die, and it also can't interact with the button on the Rift. Doors opens, I take the gold.

I'm allowed to do that, right? This is the Warframe forums.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness
typo

AFAIK, we can breed the mammoth with another creature in the same family (In this case, the Asian Elephant) in order to create a hybrid that we can then study as it would have part Asian elephant genes and part Mammoth Genes. We can filter out the Asian Elephant parts and study the Mammoth alongside our newly bred hybrid.

I'd need to make sure there's somebody else capable of doing this though...

(There's nothing that I've seen that says there are walls so I guess we can do the sweet sweet Elephantina breeding on the pressure plate)

11 minutes ago, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

I'll Rift Walk it. Technically it didn't leave the button, so it doesn't die, and it also can't interact with the button on the Rift. Doors opens, I take the gold.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm allowed to do that, right? This is the Warframe forums.

technically yes, but.... this IS supposed to be an ethical question.

Get a heavy enough vehicle that can push the mammoth off the plate while keeping enough pressure on it to not trigger the kill mechanism.

Mammoth lives, I get gold, and anyone in a room to one side that's covered by a 1-way mirror has no moral ground to judge me.

Do I win?

2 minutes ago, DeltaPhantom said:

Get a heavy enough vehicle that can push the mammoth off the plate while keeping enough pressure on it to not trigger the kill mechanism.

Mammoth lives, I get gold, and anyone in a room to one side that's covered by a 1-way mirror has no moral ground to judge me.

Do I win?

Not really, because as long as the button is pressed, the door won't open, so you can't get the gold.

Just now, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

Not really, because as long as the button is pressed, the door won't open, so you can't get the gold.

But now it's a vehicle on the plate instead of a mammoth. At that point, we can press the kill button with no consequence.