Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please help my squishy Banshee

DEATHLOK

Question

First off: I don't have many rare or corrupted mods. I don't have Arcane helmets. I only recently started playing again after a couple years off.

This frame is getting one-shotted by level 25-30 enemies. I often never see it coming.

I'm not looking for the magic mod that turns this into a cakewalk. I'm assuming that I don't know what I'm doing and have put this together poorly, because I've had better luck with almost every other frame I have.

I left an armor mod off, as her armor's so low, I figured it would be a waste. But Redirection and Vitality could be equally stupid, for all I know.

I know that Sonar is a big deal for Banshee, but I really like the Silence power, myself. Probably because I don't have that pro-gamer aim thing going for me.

Thanks for any advice you want to send my way. Take care!

20160520182139_1_zpsylwnjz2q.jpg

Edited by DEATHLOK

8 answers to this question

Playing banshee is really all about killing the enemies before they kill you. Silence to mini-stun, sonar to amp your own damage, kill them while they are stunned.

Parkouring also helps greatly with survivability in general, as enemies suffer accuracy reduction when you are doing parkour maneuvers. In addition, rolling gives you 80% damage reduction during the animation.

Banshee is a hard frame to play, good aim and fast reflex is critical to her success, as her only offense is really her immense offensive power.

When playing banshee you can run redirection, vitality, or quick thinking, but I'll never run more than one of them because for the most part it just wastes a slot you could be using to utilize her other abilities. Since she is so squishy you should always be moving and always be killing stuff. If you stand still too long your going to get shot and killed. Silence to stun, sonic boom to knock-back and give you some breathing room, and sonar to kill faster. It's a difficult frame to get the hang of but imo it's the most fun frame to play. Hope you have some success with her.

Silence with the Savage Silence augment and negative range (Narrow Minded, ~ -50% range) makes for a great melee ability; if you can manage dashing through enemies non-stop. Finishers for tanky foes, slide attacks for normals (you get stealth damage multipliers when foes are prompt for finishers but are hit with normal attacks). Personally it's the build I run with the most, and Banshee is still my most played warframe. Otherwise, Silence is a mediocre stun ability that can either suck or be great based on you range mods and the environment.

Banshee is just not tanky. Either kill everything quickly or never put yourself in a scenario that you'd be damaged too much.

The only way for me to not get killed is to turn silence on and kill enemies before they kill me, then run from the spot where I was just shooting them just in case. And you pretty much ought to use aoe weapons because of that. You really need to run around, a lot if you don't plan on using naramon on her. Alternatively... reduce silence's duartion to the absolute minumum - but I personally can't bear playing like that, it's not for everyone.

mobility is your greatest strength - though it is with every Warframe. but it's more critical in this situation.

for Mods, you'll need to find a balance between Efficiency, Strength, Duration, Range that you feel comfortable with.
Sonic Boom, Sonar, and Sound Quake all positively benefit from as much Range as they can get, while Silence is more situational as to how much Range you want.
Sonic Boom, Sonar, and Sound Quake all positively benefit from as much Strength as they can get, while Silence doesn't use this stat(unless using Savage Silence Augment).
Sonar and Sound Quake benefit form as much Duration as they can get, while Silence is a tricky situation where shorter Duration technically is more beneficial over long Duration, exactly how muich depending on how much Range you have.

Banshee requires some serious thought on the Mod Loadout department - something.... more Warframes should have. you are making some serious personal decisions as to what mixture of all of the Mod Effects best fit the way you want to use Banshee.

as for durability, i wouldn't personally bother with more than 1 form of Survivability, because you're not a brick wall with legs either way.
i normally go with Shields, and then have bring a form of self Healing with me. Winds of Purity goes nicely for me.

what i've been generally comfortable with looks something like:

BcRrBUW.png

note that i'm using the Efficiency Helmet, which lets me save a bit of extra Duration.

Edited by taiiat

5 steps

*get the naramon focus tree

*Fire your focus

*Equip a critting melee weapon

*use silence on medium range (ideally 130% - stretch)

*Attack the stunned enemys as you close in so you get invisible.

There you go. Cakewalk. I highly recommend using the auguments for sonar and sonic boom on that playstyle. A good mixed build will root in at the very least 7,5x multiplier on sonar and complete armor reduction, paired with unrivaled damage while you knock enemys around which loose theyr armor- and therefore the biggest scaling factor. Melee banshee with naramon is easily the strongest frame in the game... no other frame combines utility, buffs and dbuffs to this extend ;)

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

If you want, we can hang out in missions and i can give you tips based on your playstyle. I use a melee Banshee and agree that she gets oneshot even if someone just elbows you in the face lol

This is what i have on for melee and just in general. I can punch the crap out of things and can switch to using Sonar/Dera if I have to. Mostly I use Sonic Booms to keep enemies off my back, so the efficiency helps a ton. I could probably get rid of Continuity in favor of something more useful for melee.

IArIiKk.jpg

This is for helping the squad with Sonar/Resonance. If they aim well, the lower efficiency is no problem since you wont need to cast as often.

kh75mMl.jpg

Edited by MechaTails

Reasonance mod helps Sonar keep going to keep damage up as well. But you have to keep on the move while playing her and you can't just throw mods on her you have to think it through. She's not a jump in and go frame but once you mod her right and adapt your playstyle she can be almost immortal in most missions.