Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tankiest Frame?

MKDLMR

Question

15 answers to this question

15 minutes ago, MKDLMR said:

Can anything beat out Valkyr for tankiest frame? 

Valkyr isn't a tank, she is immune. Not much can beat that for "face roll don't have to pay attention to anything except nullies/leeches/parasitic" playstyle if that is what you are asking. She doesn't tank anything, if the objective is to keep someone else alive her hysteria build doesn't do much for you.

Frames that can stand up to abuse, Chroma, Inaros, and Rhino right off the bat. Bubble Frost. Trinity with a blessing and link. Slow Nova. Duration Mesa with shatter shield. Zephyr with its shield IIRC too.  Mirage with Hall. Nekros with Shadow. But those are specialized builds.

Edited by Wopel

Chroma.

A balanced Arcane build has over 12.5k armor, which puts him somewhere over 35k EHP, IIRC, and Arcane Grace keeps your health high (your health has he highest per point worth in the game BTW, thanks to obscene armor value). Bombard rockets, scorpion/ancient hooks bounce off and deal negligible damage (50-70 damage from a level 135 Bombard...nice), he slows hit-scan units at a 25-40% chance per bullet, and with a good Life Strike melee (Mios/Nikana Prime status build, damage amp covers loss of damage from dual stats), he was mowing down level 250 Executioners with hardly a worry, except for being OHKO (thank you, sniper Executioner).

I go 80 minutes T3S solo with a non status weapon (Fragor Prime), only ever in danger from close range Crewmen and Nullifiers (whip out auto-gun, mow down, slide attack to maintain counter) easily. Planning a run with Primed Reach status Mios to see what will happen, going for 100 minutes. Melee Chroma is pretty much unstoppable, as long as you apply buffs while not getting shot at.

Single-shot weapons work wonders as well. 100% status Corrosive/Blast Strun Wraith is a 2-3 shot on level 135 Gunners/Bombards while knocking them down. In fact, any status weapon wrecks with him, as Vex Armor buffs damage enough that the loss from 90% mods is more than covered, and you gain the ability to armor shred, which, when solo, is uber important.

If talking casual tank though, dual Arcane Grace Inaros is legit immortal until level 100 or so while doing literally nothing. He can just eat bullets for days. Use a Vaykor weapon or Life Strike and you'll be hard-pressed to actually die in high levels.

Both of those only count as true bruiser tanks, though. Invincibility like Defy and Hysteria technically is better...but where's the fun in that?

Valkyr, Chroma, Inaros, and Rhino are very tanky frames from what I've heard.

But to answer your question: Nothing beats invincibility

Considering abilities, you could use Valkyr, Chroma, Inaros, Rhino, Nezha, Trinity, Zephyr, Frost, Mesa, Nekros, Mirage, Limbo, Ivara, Loki, and probably a few others to absorb, deflect, or avoid enemy damage very effectively. Really, the best thing to do would be to find a warframe that fits your playstyle, and use it. Almost every frame has a way to deal with damage, whether that be absorbing it (ex. Rhino, Valkyr, Chroma, etc), blocking it (Volt, Zephyr, Frost, etc.), or directly avoiding it (ex. Loki, Ivara, Limbo, etc.). The only frame I can think of immediately that wouldn't be considered "tanky" is Ember. I thought of Mag, but I quite enjoy using her Shield Transference augment to overshield-tank.

Edited by TheStag

There are plenty of "tanky" frames in the games. List:

- Chroma (elemental ward and vex armor)

- Equinox (pacify and mend)

- Frost (snow globe) 

- Inaros (desiccation + finisher, devour, and scarab swarm)

- Mesa (shatter shield)

- Nezha (warding halo)

- Rhino (iron skin)

- Saryn (molt w/ regenerative molt)

- Trinity (link and blessing)

- Wukong (defy)

- Zephyr (turbulence)

Someone tell me if I missed one. I guess it all just depends on your play style 

5 minutes ago, CrimsonDalekanium said:

If immunity is counted, limbo. Invincible AND can manufacture his own energy? Hot damn, now we're talking. Admittedly, your DPS sucks, and you're fragile while not in the rift. But while rifted, you are king.

Assuming this, I would say Ivara and Loki have the highest actual survivability because they wouldn't be targeted, or even seen. Limbo's rift walk would allow him to last longer against a crazy high level enemy that would shred even a pro Chroma in seconds, but in the end when that expires he is dead. Because the enemies would not be alerted of Ivara and Loki, they would be just fine finding a place to recloak if needed.

4 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

I would put Inaros over Valkyr, because Inaros can handle nullifiers much more easily.

If you can't melee down a nully bubble or two as Valkyr... you deserve to die. What else do you need to concentrate on?

Edited by Wopel

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Awsome Ethan927 said:

There are plenty of "tanky" frames in the games. List:

- Chroma (elemental ward and vex armor)

- Equinox (pacify and mend)

- Frost (snow globe) 

- Inaros (desiccation + finisher, devour, and scarab swarm)

- Mesa (shatter shield)

- Nezha (warding halo)

- Rhino (iron skin)

- Saryn (molt w/ regenerative molt)

- Trinity (link and blessing)

- Wukong (defy)

- Zephyr (turbulence)

Someone tell me if I missed one. I guess it all just depends on your play style 

- Volt (Electric Shield)

Inaros. Just Inaros. Build Vitality, Vigor, Steel Fibre and there you go. Attach Rage to him and you're set for Energy for life. Hold your 4 at the beninning of a game, cast 2 and Devour an enemy for your health back, you're good to go from there. Keep spamming 1 with Range and that'll blind enemies and give you health back. Range is also good when casting 4 on your enemies because that effect spreads out. Hold 4 to regain that 25% of armor you just lost and you'll be back to full health by then, granted you casted in a Group and not an individual.

I don't think I've ever messed up with Inaros to the point where it's been fetal. So for me, Inaros is definitely the tankiest Frame that doesn't rely on Armored skin, Decoys, Duplicates, Deflection, being in a different Rift, or having 100% immunity to all things that ever thinged.

Edited by PickleMonster21

No, Wukong is that best tank hands down. Valkyr's invincibility without being locked to melee mode? Infinite energy to keep powering Defy when coupled with rage.

Chroma is effective but has a set max for armor buff. Limbo can be immortal but is otherwise useless. Loki and Ivara aren't tanks so they don't even count. Inaros is very bulky but has a set max to survivability as well. Rhino and Nezha don't even count, their "survivability" is just half decent at best when compared to real tanks in the game. 

There's a huge difference, Valkyr and Wukong have no limit how much they can take a beating. And Valkyr is locked to melee mode while wukong isn't.